Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

My mistake. Thought they were still allowed in UK. I must be thinking of Irish staffs. 

 

Like Dan says, you can have exemptions but as a breed I believe they were outlawed the same.

You are right though, they are just a show version of the APBT that went down a different route than the sporting dogs.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post

  • Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spent a couple of years on a cattle station in central Queensland in me early 20s . Just went over backpacking originally, but after drinking all me cash in the first month ended up with a job on this

It's not about money it's about power

I don't think that's true, a dog that has caught plenty of pigs will have the scars to show for its efforts ,even if its just a bailer. One out a big boar can make short work of a dog in fact I lost(k

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

I have Catahoula  pups for sale.They can catch a hog,whoop an elephant,Chase a lion across the desert for days.They prefer a diet of fresh immigrants.They will attack the mother in law,brother in-law and the other law.

10,000 Confederate  dollars.Firm.

Today only while supplies  last.

 

I take it you don't rate them? Genuine question, I have never seen 1 let alone seen 1 hunt.

Link to post
5 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Loads of them things round here. Think that 10k price tag has halfed now. Just big 'pet bulls', though there all bred out of game dogs years ago, so as DS said sooner or later it'll all end in tears... Plenty of folk breeding the arse out of them!

If i'm right XL's started mostly from Main Frame kennels in the US, a dog they called the 'blue dog'. The band Outkast are part owners of the kennel and everyone wanted these overinflated pit bulls (in both size and price)

Dogo's and Catahoulla's will be next mark my words... 🤦‍♂️

There was a lad on here, I can't remember his user name, but LDR and myself had a couple of run outs on his permission with him.

A top class lad, and I seem to remember he was running a catahoulla x on the Northumberland fells, be interesting to see how it turned out.

Cheers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

No Pitbull in them...bred to look good on a music video 👍

Of course theres pit bull in em, Main Frame kennels were putting these out 20 years ago. The bull blood is just shite, big dog to big dog, with other shite slipped in too.

But you are right Dan, they were bred to look good in music videos.

Link to post
Just now, chartpolski said:

There was a lad on here, I can't remember his user name, but LDR and myself had a couple of run outs on his permission with him.

A top class lad, and I seem to remember he was running a catahoulla x on the Northumberland fells, be interesting to see how it turned out.

Cheers.

Be nice to see sommat like that. I love the look of them catahoulla's, though i don't tell anyone about it... 🤣

Met a lad with a Beauceron last year, of which their blood is supposed to be in them cat's. Lovely thing it was too, look even better if it'd came out of greyhound... 😉

Link to post
11 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

There was a lad on here, I can't remember his user name, but LDR and myself had a couple of run outs on his permission with him.

A top class lad, and I seem to remember he was running a catahoulla x on the Northumberland fells, be interesting to see how it turned out.

Cheers.

It would be interesting to know if the catahoula hound (?) had more to offer than a fell hound? 

Possibly more intelligent? More tractible. Less of a pack hound?

 

Edited by eastcoast
Link to post
1 minute ago, eastcoast said:

It would be interesting to know if the catahoula hound (?) had more to offer than a fell hound? 

No idea mate, only seen one fell hound cross, almost fifty years ago.

A mate of mine got it as an adult dog. Had it out many times on a long lead, it would find hares no problem......first time he slipped it , it disappeared into the distance , howling like a hound and was never seen again !

Cheers.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
9 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Be nice to see sommat like that. I love the look of them catahoulla's, though i don't tell anyone about it... 🤣

Met a lad with a Beauceron last year, of which their blood is supposed to be in them cat's. Lovely thing it was too, look even better if it'd came out of greyhound... 😉

Here you go mate;

IMG_0169.JPG.9c792affb63892b982667082649fae9d.JPG

Cheers.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

Dogs & Natives !!!!

That was the name of the guy with the catahoulla cross !

See.......Alzheimer's hasn't taken over completely.........yet !

Cheers.

🤣 I remember him and used to speak to him but i don't remember that cross... 

Link to post

Ahh... Rickshaws on, gotta say love your posts on them Cat dogs, because no one else on here has any expierience (i think) bar you.

And, as much as i love the look of em, what they would bring to the table for lurcher production is very questionable...

Link to post
2 hours ago, eastcoast said:

I take it you don't rate them? Genuine question, I have never seen 1 let alone seen 1 hunt.

I was just being a smart ass.I do rate Catahoulas.My great grandfather  fed his family with possums from these dogs.

Screenshot_20210803-170121_Photos.jpg.ee08499f9b163ec5b7a47f1df200bc81.jpg

I think the first time i made a breeding  it was Catahoula. 

20210803_164133.jpg.3cce47f75a3bb1a547db741f7e19faa7.jpg

There is good catahoulas but I would recommend  getting them from a hunter.You dont want a Catahoula  from a peddler or from someone who competes in hog Bay competition. It needs to be from a hunter.Catahoulas are generally  one person dogs.They generally  bite strangers or run from them.

 

No offense to anyone but I wouldn't waste my time adding it to lurchers.

A good gritty foxhound bred to a working staff will give you as good or better curdogs than you will get from American peddlers just my opinion. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
4 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

I was just being a smart ass.I do rate Catahoulas.My great grandfather  fed his family with possums from these dogs.

Screenshot_20210803-170121_Photos.jpg.ee08499f9b163ec5b7a47f1df200bc81.jpg

I think the first time i made a breeding  it was Catahoula. 

20210803_164133.jpg.3cce47f75a3bb1a547db741f7e19faa7.jpg

There is good catahoulas but I would recommend  getting them from a hunter.You dont want a Catahoula  from a peddler or from someone who competes in hog Bay competition. It needs to be from a hunter.Catahoulas are generally  one person dogs.They generally  bite strangers or run from them.

 

No offense to anyone but I wouldn't waste my time adding it to lurchers.

A good gritty foxhound bred to a working staff will give you as good or better curdogs than you will get from American peddlers just my opinion. 

 

Is eating possum common?

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...