powerhouse x

On 20/07/2021 at 13:18, jigsaw said:

Story out of late ,his wife was feeding the Alaunts,she fell over,hit the deck a dog/dogs attacked her and did serious damage???he was laid up unwell.....hope it's not true....

she wasn't attacked by the dogs  two of the dogs set about each other and she was running to the yard to get to them and tripped over the edging stone resulting in a compound fracture that needed operating on and breaking some bones in her hand 

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spent a couple of years on a cattle station in central Queensland in me early 20s . Just went over backpacking originally, but after drinking all me cash in the first month ended up with a job on this

It's not about money it's about power

I don't think that's true, a dog that has caught plenty of pigs will have the scars to show for its efforts ,even if its just a bailer. One out a big boar can make short work of a dog in fact I lost(k

Posted Images

12 hours ago, AndyD89 said:

Spent a couple of years on a cattle station in central Queensland in me early 20s . Just went over backpacking originally, but after drinking all me cash in the first month ended up with a job on this cattle property in Queensland.

idea was to just save abit of cash to go off partying again. Ended up loving it so much I stayed for nearly 2 year and met my now wife.  Along side the station work we were hunting and shooting pretty much daily,  the place was lifting with Roos and pigs an I bloody loved it. 

Anyway there was a local lad that worked on the property next door who had a pack of pig dogs who’d come pic me up 4/5 times a week to go after the pigs .  3 or 4 bull Arab types, a pure pit bull he’d  payd alot of money for (didn’t last long?) , a  rough coated pointer/pit (my favourite) and a straight border collie witch i wrongly  assumed at first was just along for the ride out.

was absolutely fantastic watching theses dogs work. They’d all be on the back of the truck as we trundled round the property. Then suddenly the collie would catch a scent an be off the side an off into the bush like a shot, on few occasions up to 2k . The others would all stay on the back waiting to hear the collie make contact.  Soon as they heard the  barking an squealing they’d pile off the back an go crashing off into the bush to back there pal up.  Was brilliant to watch , the collie be the brains of the operation and the others the muscle ? 

from what I saw them pigs are no easy ride , an a life of a pig dog over there a hard one.  from the original pack the lad had when I first met him, only the collie and the pointer/pit remained when I left nearly 2 years later, all the rest were killed in action and replaced during my time there. Puncture wounds , crush injuries from being bashed against solid objects trees etc. Overheating , an one just lost never to be found.  

That collie was such an impressive animal, full time cattle dog by day , pig hunter by night,  an never once wrong. Sticks out in my mind as probably the best working dog iv ever seen . 

Wish we had the space and the pigs over here was excellent sport in a stunning country with top blokes, deffo an experience il never forget ???

what a cracking post that was....cheers for sharing...

spent a short time on oz and nz.....both great countrys ....

any young chaps on here that havnt got ties with wifes and kids....get yourselfs out there with a working visa...or travel visa ...and have a look about ...you wont be dissapointed

• Like 4

From what I have seen/ heard  from the alaunt types in recent years is  they are being bred for there size and look, probably with the thought that they could do what ordinary  bull x’s could do but only better because of there size and weight, when in reality they don’t come close, big shite houses that look the part when getting it there own way but their arse collapses the first sign of getting it sore. They will keep being bred and bought by people who don’t use them or who are easily pleased purely because they are look the part and make money.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 21/07/2021 at 22:43, W. Katchum said:

My lads talking about Fcuking off to oz or nz working with cattle soon as he leaves school. Bit if a working holiday, I doubt he come back if he gets in with anybody hunting out there ?

Make sure he can milk  cows as then he'll always get work over there..:yes:..

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Just seen a beaut leggy pit type thing, looked like Ch Strider. 

That's the type of dog I'd mate with a greyhound if I was to make the cross.

Thats ok if you can get the use of one of that type that is also well bred and proven.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Thats ok if you can get the use of one of that type that is also well bred and proven.

How many that go over or under greyhound's are proven properly though? I bet the shite that gets chucked out these days is a joke.

Just now, Greb147 said:

How many that go over or under greyhound's are proven properly though? I bet the shite that gets chucked out these days is a joke.

Very few if any.Thats why 90% of bull crosses aint worth a w**k.

• Like 7
9 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Nobody breeding decent dogs darn sarf like?

Not many.Saying that I can count the good ones Ive seen up North on one hand over the years.Heard of plenty but heard all the excuses under the sun when it comes to seeing them run.We always double up to get the numbers seems to be the favourite one.