• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spent a couple of years on a cattle station in central Queensland in me early 20s . Just went over backpacking originally, but after drinking all me cash in the first month ended up with a job on this

It's not about money it's about power

I don't think that's true, a dog that has caught plenty of pigs will have the scars to show for its efforts ,even if its just a bailer. One out a big boar can make short work of a dog in fact I lost(k

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Black neck said:

I'll answer for him as he dunt really know ote 

The saluki feet are designed for sand but the work like flippers int slop and the never get stuck cos the got right long hair 2 pull um out wi

😆 🤣 

15 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

I get out every day to learn more regardless  of weather but as you know I wanted to see the lady at her best on ground that gives her traction and soft heavy ground ya don’t get the best from her , if folk are happy knocking em over in conditions that don’t suit her crack on , we like different I like fast ground you like mud but we like what we like big or small they give ther all and now I’m rapping lol 

You can't believe that mate  😆 😂 good going and dry its like bunny bashing 😆 when the wet comes frost on there back there a completely  different animal come on 😆 

21 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

How many pigs have you hunted with dogs out of interest mate ? 

Can only die from a super quick cut of a main artery 😂 they not get bashed to a pulp ever then ? 😂 

No Dane blooded dog is game 😂? None of the Aussie pig dogs with Dane blood are game ? 😂 

Did you actually read what I said?

Looks like you clearly didn't.

So tell me this, you don't think you could get any Dane to jack over here? 😂

11 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I'd say any dog that faacks off and try battlin something that's size and sees it out either way is definitely game 👍

Edited by mC HULL
3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

I'd say any dog that faacks off and try battlin something that's size and sees it out either way is definitely game 👍

But to many others they wouldn't, why do you think many APBT catch dogs aren't off game stock?

Like I said I'm not knocking pig dogs but it doesn't a real game dog to be a pig catcher.

If that was the case you wouldn't have Great Danes being capable of the feat.

6 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

But to many others they wouldn't, why do you think many APBT catch dogs aren't off game stock?

Like I said I'm not knocking pig dogs but it doesn't a real game dog to be a pig catcher.

If that was the case you wouldn't have Great Danes being capable of the feat.

Apbt have game dogs in em mate dont they it'll still crop up in em 

The great danes the ozzie have  will  be selective  bred for years id a thought mate there big powerful dogs mate 👍 

Edited by mC HULL
8 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Apbt have game dogs in em mate dont they it'll still crop up in em 

The great danes the ozzie have  will  be selective  bred for years id a thought mate there big powerful dogs mate 👍 

They can be big and powerful, it doesn't make them game.

31 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Yes I did. You made a few statements based on little knowledge from what I can see.

1 - pig dogs that get killed tend to get killed quick from the pig hitting a major blood vessel with a cutter. Ie it’s just bad luck. When in reality plenty of pig dogs and bashed to death, bones broken, lungs punctured etc. A dog died recently from being pile driven into a tree from being in the wrong place on the wrong pig.

2 - Danes and Dane xs catching pigs in oz are not game. Obviously it’s debatable if any dog out side of dog fighting circles can be classed as ‘game’ but if we are using the word in a hunting sense then I would argue that there are some pretty game Dane and Dane xs in oz, which will fire head first into a big big boat single handed and take a tuning without letting go, and do that multiple times in a day despite being over heated, bleeding and sore as hell. Tackling any animal that can physically pick you up and swing you about like a bag of trash when you’re the size of a Dane is pretty game.

As to your last question of course I could get most uk Danes to jack, but that wasn’t what we were talking about. 

2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

And who's mentioning Aussie dogs, I'm not talking about those Bull Arabs, I've seen folk using pure Danes in the States, that Calli Catcher has used them.

an old women round her has them shes about 4 foot lol but you wouldnt get near her they die young though 7 ish few dropped on her??

3 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

And who's mentioning Aussie dogs, I'm not talking about those Bull Arabs, I've seen folk using pure Danes in the States, that Calli Catcher has used them.

Plenty of lads use Danes and Dane xs in oz, most of the Americans seem to hunt mob handed with dogs. There is a real good dog called horse who is mostly Dane who would Have caught 100s of good big pigs single handed and taken plenty of punishment.