Suicide Question ......

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im reading this and really trying not to reply the way I want to,for ive a sister thats clinically depressed,schizophrenic, and just down right messed up since she reached 23....before that...a perfec

Without going into to much detail the wife had a breakdown some years ago ,any suggestion of a doctor was treated as an admission of guilt on her part,until a major episode led to her going to see the

suicide is a permanant solution to a temporary problem.

Posted Images

Just been a group of kids in the states average age 12-14 years old filmed a mentally ill guy committing suicide,all laughing at him,still giggling as he slips beneath the surface for the last time,plod said they cant bring a prosecution against any of the group as they broke no laws,what sort of homes produce kids like that.

f****n hell, that's horrific.

Surely human nature is to step in and help another human - there's something seriously wrong with those kids :no:

I've never seen a suicide but, walking home late one night when I was 19, a car came down the road, passed me, slammed into a row of parked cars, turned over and, carried on for a bit on the roof.

By the time I got there, there was fuel everywhere, I got the door open and managed to undo the blokes seatbelt and drag him out.

...... it turned out the twat was drunk. As soon as he stood up, he punched me in the face.

For normal people, it's just human nature to get stuck in and help. Especially when it's bad.

• Like 3

Was on hound exercise one morning, walked past a car in a car park, got 100 meters further on and we all just stopped and looked at each other, we instantly turned and went back...3 of us, on horses with 50 hounds. The car had engine running and something in exhaust. Huntsman smashed the window and turned off the engine while we carried on with hounds to a house half a mile Futher on. It was 6am so we banged on the door until a woman answered in her dressing gown and we asked her to ring ambulance and Police....fck knows what she thought at that time, opening the door to two men on horses with 50 hounds actually in her garden..... anyway we were to late, he was already dead

• Like 1

I would try to save them ,i lost a friend who gassed herself in her car because she thought her cancer had come back , when talking could of saved her

• Like 1

Good friend of mine asked several times for help. Doctor sent him to hospital. 2days later they sent him on his way full of pills. He went home and hung himself. He left a note saying no one could help him. I spent most my child hood with that lad and still miss him today.

• Like 1

Yes id save him,it would give him time to reflect on his actions and why he needed to end his life,your giving them a second chance. Theres plenty of people that die everyday leaving families and loved ones that would love to be able to live and losing them is a terrible thing to deal with,yet commiting suicide is wilfully inflicting this on families and loved ones .

a true story years ago ,i was in a bar a guy came in i knew vagualy any way hed had a few and was on about killing himself a few weeks erlier my farther had died of stomach cancer, anyway i gave the chap a good slap and said to him when the bruise goes down think about it again ,my farther just died of cancer he didnt have a choice if he died or not you do!

spot on :thumbs: , and yet if they choose hanging to die , its a terrible way to die, because the actual strangulation , they try to fight with all there might the last minute of there life , as all strangulation deaths have finger marks all over the necks just before death :yes: . i was told this by a doctor , after my mate hung him self in his flat, even though he was out of his head on drugs, he must have fought it the last min or so before he died, with all the finger marks on his neck, a terrible way to die .

Interesting topic, My job as a rail incident officer means I attend the aftermath of suicides it's not pleasant as you can imagine we are sent on courses by the samaritans and part of the course encourages you to make the Suicidal person emotionally sick talk about it spill the beans about their problems ect if we get the chance to intervene, the course is called managing suicidal contacts.

We get lots of screamers and shouters who get sectioned the quite ones bang they just do it no messing about.

But in answering your question I would intervene every time it's human instinct, research says that the suicidal thoughts last about thirty minutes and if you can talk them out of it in that time it could make a difference I'm not an an expert but who knows what goes on in their minds, it's hard too imagine if your life is ok.

Took lurchers on normal walk down the track one night seen a bloke with what looked like a tow rope said ok to him he just looked at me my pal went down same track 6 next morning he was only hanging of the bridge feet 6 inch of the water left wife and 2 kids behind selfish twat

Had to deal with a fair few over the years in different jobs. The vast majority of attempts are just cry's for help, to be noticed, very few actually want to go. Even those who are almost there, to lights out, will grab a helping hand like no other once it comes to their aid.... :yes:

To help is in our nature, it's the way we're built, so do it, as long as your not putting yourself in danger. :victory:

One thing I hate in life is people who talk about suicide attempts! if your going to do it you will do it properly and not "attempt" it just for sympathy like some do. I think a lot a gays "attempt" it when they come out so then they have the old excuse of "I nearly killed myself over it" and people will feel sorry for them!

you are so suttle with words and I bet you have a calm approachable way of dealing with vulnerable people.Dont waste your talent you should become a counsellor ???
  • Like 1