forest of dean redneck

Big Cat Sighting

2 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

As an example when I lived up In wye valley a pet shop owner and exotic keeper told me of someone that had a caiman yet didn’t have a licence , 

so there are people keeping dangerous animals with out the paperwork they are getting them somewhere and some how .

Went to see a lad in the valley once he was busy digging out the coal shed floor.

I asked him what he was doing that for. Alligator he said.he was going to get 1 and keep it in the coal shed..it sounds crazy I know but I think he could of sourced 1 

As the house he took me to in port talbot to see his mate was like chester zoo the amount of exotic reptiles was unbelievable.deadly snakes amongst them.the biggest bedroom was boiling hot. a big red gas bottle connected to a fire crazy heat in there.

So yes I agree if you know certain people you could probably get anything...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have know idea if there big cats in UK.I dont live there.What I find amazing is this exact argument goes on all across the state of Alabama (roughly size of England)in every little country store.Some say they have seen black Panthers but there is no proof.What I can tell you about big cat sightings is it has provided me a chance to dig a few places after the current hunters left.When you show up with a terrier and a shovel to chase a black panther you get some strange looks.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, king said:

And folk are out there putting in the leg work so to speak.someone in the uk could have solid hard evidence that they would never release through fear of the gun lads turning up in massive numbers.over time the truth will surely come out or then again maybe not..

56 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

That's what I can't get my head around, those making a noise about wanting to prove of their existence wouldn't be doing so in the first place if they didn't want anybody else to find out about it. 

Greb, see king's post above,  that is one of the reasons why a lot of people wouldn't come forward. 

I've done it myself, not with big cats though, but to keep certain fieldsports 'enthusiasts/nutters' away from certain areas

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Greb, see king's post above,  that is one of the reasons why a lot of people wouldn't come forward. 

I've done it myself, not with big cats though, but to keep certain fieldsports 'enthusiasts/nutters' away from certain areas

You're not getting what I'm saying though. 

If these people didn't want anyone to know of their existence then they wouldn't be wanting to convince us or tell anyone they're out there.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

You're not getting what I'm saying though. 

If these people didn't want anyone to know of their existence then they wouldn't be wanting to convince us or tell anyone they're out there.

Not really trying to convince anyone, just putting my experience that morning out there. Others opinions cannot erase what i have seen and i think its only a matter of time until someone gets the picture. I bet when someone does get the proof it will be CCTV in some fkrs garden with the cat eating a dog.  

3 minutes ago, hambone said:

Not really trying to convince anyone, just putting my experience that morning out there. Others opinions cannot erase what i have seen and i think its only a matter of time until someone gets the picture. I bet when someone does get the proof it will be CCTV in some fkrs garden with the cat eating a dog.  

I'm talking about those that claim to know of cats local to the area but then when pressed on the matter they want to act all secretly. 

We will see but so far there has been no convincing footage whatsoever IMO. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

I have know idea if there big cats in UK.I dont live there.What I find amazing is this exact argument goes on all across the state of Alabama (roughly size of England)in every little country store.Some say they have seen black Panthers but there is no proof.What I can tell you about big cat sightings is it has provided me a chance to dig a few places after the current hunters left.When you show up with a terrier and a shovel to chase a black panther you get some strange looks.

I’m surprised there’s not lions and tigers roaming in the USA tbh

21 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

There is, Mountain Lions. 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keepdiggin said:

I bet they wouldnt be as cautious and would get found a lot quicker

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Welsh_red said:

I bet they wouldnt be as cautious and would get found a lot quicker

True mate