3 hours ago, socks said:

Been in Africa and heard it first hand the sound vibrates through your body ......

Been there myself Ken ,camped underneath Kilimanjaro with wild dogs snicking all night around the camp ,lions roaring and a she leopard and kit playing noisily by the washroom ,just the other side the fence in daylight .

Those sounds are engraved on the memory as are the elephants that silently appeared to water whist we ate evening meal .Priceless .Lions came in after ,the icing on the cake .

Hope to get back there when this shit is over ,If .

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

.Until then ,I think I’ll just keep asking questions that won’t be answered .

Whats the point though mate what are you getting out of it ?.....its like tormenting a dog theres nothing really to gain and nobody enjoys it.

We get it your mind is made up thats fine....but why keep getting at the fella he,s not harming anyone and 300 pages worth suggests folk enjoy the subject,youve made your point just leave it at they now eh ?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
39 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

One person  has been the driver on this thread ,without him it would have gone the way of many other threads mate .

I directed any negativity at the thread not the man UNTIL it became apparent he was unable or unwilling to answer the simplest of questions from myself and many others .

Some comments of mine are meant to be cringeworthy in-line with some quotes from you know who .

He has put himself forward as the go to expert on the subject ,intentionally or otherwise but dosnt seem to have much to share or able to answer questions I feel that would back up the continuous push to convince us they are out there .

If anybody else tried the same on any other subject they’d be torn a new one by the whole of the thl massive .

I used to a have a real interest in the subject as I’ve written before ,went to many supposed kill sites in my area until it became very apparent it was two large Rotty crosses doing the killing .

Ive travelled more than most on here hunting ,shooting up and down the country but as yet have failed to talk to anyone ,been shown anything that backs up the claims made on here .Perhaps I’ve been unlucky or perhaps there’s nothing to see .

Either way if a chap wants to make such claims as have been made on here ,he is open to scrutiny by anyone who finds the whole thing a bit ott and lacks the facts expected of a person who’s devoted their life to revealing the existence of big cats ,living and breeding on our Isle .

Again perhaps I’m jumping the gun and I will be put squarely in my place one day with irrefutable evidence for his case .Until then ,I think I’ll just keep asking questions that won’t be answered .

Without going through the whole thread, I can't recall greyman putting himself up as the 'go to expert' at all. He's said that there are others that are more clued up re evidence etc etc, podcasts, research etc, and that he cooperates with some of these people from time to time.

Unfortunately, just going off a couple of the posts you've just put up, it seems as though YOU are the one who considers himself an 'expert'.

Perhaps I am the one reading into your posts a little too deeply, but it really is how you come across.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

I do get 1 or 2 mother with cub reports most years mate, cats can also breed when it suites them so not  an actual season, though judging by the times of the sightings I would say like most alpha predators they tend to have young a few months earlier than the prey species that they will be feeding on so I think and this is just me with no proof other than circumstantial I think the few cubs born in this country happens in January/feb so they are big enough to prey on native animals young that tend to be born from March onwards if that makes sense it’s also a time people spend less time outdoors funnily enough

Gman, I’m sure this has previous been covered but what prey species do you reckon are being taken in the main ?......would not sheep be the staple diet as there are field after field of woolly takeaways in most parts of the country ?....I seem to recall you putting up pics of deer but why would cats take deer if sheep are available ?......interested mate.

58 minutes ago, bell said:

Gman, I’m sure this has previous been covered but what prey species do you reckon are being taken in the main ?......would not sheep be the staple diet as there are field after field of woolly takeaways in most parts of the country ?....I seem to recall you putting up pics of deer but why would cats take deer if sheep are available ?......interested mate.

I bet stray dogs and cats are top of the list

Edited by keepdiggin
51 minutes ago, bell said:

Summer time I ,m assuming smaller things like rabbits pheasants waterfowl etc because I very rarely find kill sites in summer, in winter it’s deer mostly have had a few badgers and the odd sheep, sheep seem very dependant on dipping lowland intensely farmed sheep seem to be dipped more and not taken undipped hill sheep are taken, the estate in Scotland were some of the group went, were loosing 2 sheep per week, and some of the staff had seen a black one on the estate, we had the a lot of cameras up caught Scottish wildcats, but not the big one even though the sheep kept going missing, when it moved onto a neighbour s land and started they did call someone in to try and shoot it but it started happening the same time the following year so obviously they failed, as an experiment the estate dipped half of the flock and only the un dipped ones went, it was also taking more sheep so was assumed to have had a cub with it, seems amazing not to get a picture but it’s true ?

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

I bet stray dogs and cars are top of the list

Rick has a pic of a dog that went missing  it was some yappy  doodle thing  which had a muzzle on because it ran up to every dog it saw and started barking, well I’m guessing it ran up to a cat because the pic is a skin with a head still in the muzzle and all the meat gone, I think Forrest of dean redneck might have seen that at a show we did in the forest, cat disappearances also seem quite common in areas of activity as well, I think there is a spate of cats going missing in the Forest of Dean at the moment don’t know if it’s a person or the forest has always had sightings so could be activity ?

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Greyman

Can you post the most concrete evidence you have please mate?

The trouble is mate as I said anything I put up can be taken down and used by anyone for what they want, some of it is in the documentary as well so maybe after, pics on the podcast are owned so some of the better stuff will slowly go on there in the links and refs section ? 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Greyman said:

The trouble is mate as I said anything I put up can be taken down and used by anyone for what they want, some of it is in the documentary as well so maybe after, pics on the podcast are owned so some of the better stuff will slowly go on there in the links and refs section ? 

Do you have actual picture mate that leaves no doubt it's leopard puma or lynx?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Do you have actual picture mate that leaves no doubt it's leopard puma or lynx?

More that are questionable ? one clear video of a lynx but no way of confirming it’s location was told Scotland? and some stills of one in a vets very good but at his request not to be shared, a short video of a black cats rear end disappearing into a hedge that was scaled at 22” tall with a long hockey stick tail, like I,ve said with protection a lot more will go on the podcast site, it’s been a really good way of reaching out and I would not be surprised if someone contacts rick with a good video to put on there in the future ?

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Summer time I ,m assuming smaller things like rabbits pheasants waterfowl etc because I very rarely find kill sites in summer, in winter it’s deer mostly have had a few badgers and the odd sheep, sheep seem very dependant on dipping lowland intensely farmed sheep seem to be dipped more and not taken undipped hill sheep are taken, the estate in Scotland were some of the group went, were loosing 2 sheep per week, and some of the staff had seen a black one on the estate, we had the a lot of cameras up caught Scottish wildcats, but not the big one even though the sheep kept going missing, when it moved onto a neighbour s land and started they did call someone in to try and shoot it but it started happening the same time the following year so obviously they failed, as an experiment the estate dipped half of the flock and only the un dipped ones went, it was also taking more sheep so was assumed to have had a cub with it, seems amazing not to get a picture but it’s true ?

Interesting, thanks Gman.

What is the distribution I’m not convinced either way always leaned towards it being true than not and I assumed if they were here they were small numbers in one part of the country but I’ve seen on here estimates of five hundred and Wiltshire to Scotland mentioned 

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic