• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Greyman said:

Summer time I ,m assuming smaller things like rabbits pheasants waterfowl etc because I very rarely find kill sites in summer, in winter it’s deer mostly have had a few badgers and the odd sheep, sheep seem very dependant on dipping lowland intensely farmed sheep seem to be dipped more and not taken undipped hill sheep are taken, the estate in Scotland were some of the group went, were loosing 2 sheep per week, and some of the staff had seen a black one on the estate, we had the a lot of cameras up caught Scottish wildcats, but not the big one even though the sheep kept going missing, when it moved onto a neighbour s land and started they did call someone in to try and shoot it but it started happening the same time the following year so obviously they failed, as an experiment the estate dipped half of the flock and only the un dipped ones went, it was also taking more sheep so was assumed to have had a cub with it, seems amazing not to get a picture but it’s true ?

Nice one mate, my brother found this today.......in northern Scotland miles away from ant release project ...

9C6DE16B-3AA9-47B4-BD97-DCCF596F3D30.png

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

Rick has a pic of a dog that went missing  it was some yappy  doodle thing  which had a muzzle on because it ran up to every dog it saw and started barking, well I’m guessing it ran up to a cat because the pic is a skin with a head still in the muzzle and all the meat gone, I think Forrest of dean redneck might have seen that at a show we did in the forest, cat disappearances also seem quite common in areas of activity as well, I think there is a spate of cats going missing in the Forest of Dean at the moment don’t know if it’s a person or the forest has always had sightings so could be activity ?

Yeah still remember it as it was similar to one I had at time ?

• Like 1

Ok if we are all sitting comfortably and being good, have a little look at this, I have nothing to do with this but I have met a few of the people in it and dealt with some of the cases in one way or another you will recognise some pics all I will say is I agree 100% with the big cat expert at the end and have met or spoken to all the people he is referring to, so what are others views and opinions on it 

• Like 1

Hmmm food for thought there. As the 'panthera' guy said at the end, possibly not a 'thriving' breeding population. But the odd pairing up from time to time from escapees/releases would easily be possible I would've thought.

• Sad 1

The carcass has been gralloched by a person .Chest cut with a bone saw and aitch bone split as in doing a deer ,I do it all the time .Whatever the holes are they certainly aint no teeth punctures .Your man there did nothing to help himself and was totally dismissed by the cat expert .I thought the panthers guy was very knowledgeable tbh and sort of said he didn’t believe there were cats here at all due to lack of anything he sees regularly at places they exist .

The women sort of backed up my feeling with some people that they want to see one so bad it clouds their judgement with a Puma etc pic engrained in their head .

The only piece of credible evidence in that vid was the sheep with the claw marks down its back though if done fresh they would be bruised  and bleeding ,everything else carrion eaters ,foxes badgers ,dogs ,crows ,bop 

At none of the supposed kill sites did anyone think to look for tracks before walking all over it .Find it bemusing no one would look for sign first before exclaiming it was killed by anything .

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic