Wild Camping, Hiking, Back pack, Tent talk, Mini camper etc.......

17 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I was asking about an as it goes I know a couple who got same tent an j know a guy who’s missus works in one the stores an she said they selling out fast, so I told missus to grab one yesterday haha like I said tho k got to go collect it they wouldn’t deliver it for some reason, never mind I’ll go on me own an have a good look about shop an see what I can treat meself to on sleekit ??

I had the full crew with me today which was a handful as usual. Lol. 

They had them on display in the car park which was handy. I'll get it up some evening during the week for a trial run. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I spent a few days living out of my kayak along a secluded river.    

Iv'e just bought a old horsebox lorry to convert into a camper/living truck as such,a 1985 Bedford TL and a good chance it's the newest lorry i have ever bought ,mind you full service history and only

Not exactly wild camping but camping at our feild , wanted to take kids away n every thing elce fully booked or very busy so thort balls we will just go to feild    Kids loved it 2 of me mates co

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mushroom said:

All these hi-tech hammocks just don't grab me... maybe I'll jump in and buy one for the mrs, see how they compare to my set up.

You could take a small set of steps to help you climb in.

• Haha 2
30 minutes ago, socks said:

This is the new all singing hammock set up at the moment …….

Holy fuuck! I never knew I need one of them in my life ?

It's the weight that bothers me though. If I'm off into the mountains, weight is everything, hence why I take vodka ?

My hammock set up for two people weighs around 1kg. 2 hammocks, cord and a tarp. I always put the hammocks bunk bed style, put a cord above and throw the tarp over and peg it up (forgot to mention clothes pegs are a must in my kit lol). If it rains, pull the pegs and the tarp drops down either side. Dog always sleeps under my hammock if rain is coming, so I always have a heads up ;)

Oh and after you've tied your hammock to a tree, a good tip is to tie a piece of cotton string on the cord, about half way between the tree and the hammock. If it rains it'll slow the wick process to the material ?

2 minutes ago, mushroom said:

It's the weight that bothers me though. If I'm off into the mountains, weight is everything, hence why I take vodka ?

My hammock set up for two people weighs around 1kg. 2 hammocks, cord and a tarp. I always put the hammocks bunk bed style, put a cord above and throw the tarp over and peg it up (forgot to mention clothes pegs are a must in my kit lol). If it rains, pull the pegs and the tarp drops down either side. Dog always sleeps under my hammock if rain is coming, so I always have a heads up ;)

Oh and after you've tied your hammock to a tree, a good tip is to tie a piece of cotton string on the cord, about half way between the tree and the hammock. If it rains it'll slow the wick process to the material ?

And if you place your water bottle under the string you get free water.

5 minutes ago, mushroom said:

They do an ultra light model ?

1 minute ago, Nicepix said:

And if you place your water bottle under the string you get free water.

If you've ever been caught in a storm, sleeping in a hammock, I guarantee you'll know how miserable it is when the water wicks it's way down to ya sleeping bag ? That shit sucks, simple physics fixes the issue ?‍♂️ If you wanna drink rank, dirty water, that's wicked it's way down to ya bottle then crack on lad. I bet you'd suck the moisture from a toilet if you had a slake on ?

8 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I've just watched that advert for the modular rucksack. One thing struck me. If he has a couple of thousand litres of load space in his Landy LWB Safari. Why the f**k is he cramming everything into a five litre rucksack? ?

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, mushroom said:

If you've ever been caught in a storm, sleeping in a hammock, I guarantee you'll know how miserable it is when the water wicks it's way down to ya sleeping bag ? That shit sucks, simple physics fixes the issue ?‍♂️ If you wanna drink rank, dirty water, that's wicked it's way down to ya bottle then crack on lad. I bet you'd suck the moisture from a toilet if you had a slake on ?

No I don't. Cos I have a drip string at each end. The water that reaches the bottle ain't dirty. Its just rain water. ?

You can slow the creeping damp even more if you have a metal ring or karabiner at each end of your hammock and run your string off that. 

20 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

We looked at a few  am the berghaus air 6was gonna win it till I checked that decathalon an then few folk I know who go to France where singing there praises so thought fcuk it, try it an see, kids an missus prob gonna say fcuk this we want a cabin again next year with wifi ??

I’m actually quite excited now I got over shock of driving all way down to get it but I’ll have W good nosey about an might even steal me bank card out wife’s purse before I go ?

Well I walked out of it 900 quid lighter so go easy. Lol. 

Edited by dogmandont
  • Haha 3
4 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

I've just watched that advert for the modular rucksack. One thing struck me. If he has a couple of thousand litres of load space in his Landy LWB Safari. Why the f**k is he cramming everything into a five litre rucksack? ?

A mate of mine here bought a concept rucksack, it can fit 80ltrs and weights about 300gram, tbh I was very impressed with it but I prefer the security of a heavier pack that can be used without worry of splits or catching and ripping on a bush. Plus, if you slip on scree a more durable rucksack is gonna save you

1 minute ago, dogmandont said:

Well I walked out of it 900 quid lighter so go easy. Lol. 

Decathlon is a cnut for that ?

Walk in only for a camel back water bag, walk out with fishing gear, spear gun, flippers, a shirt and flip flops and then have to go back for the fuucking camel back ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3