Strange things you've seen.

12 hours ago, baker boy said:

Did you leave it there, nick it or smash it up..?

I'm bit superstitious mate that supposed to be the Green man. I left it there mate, no idea if its still there.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 4

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seeing rabbits and hares swimming rivers to avoid the dogs chasing them....but the best one was a hare running up a hollow log to avoid  capture by my bitch Sally the log went from the ground at one e

I was out foraging for Mushrooms and Fungi one day look up seen this. Its proper made pottery. Cheers Arry

Hooked into a pike on light spinning gear when I was a kid, it came cruising through the water in front of me like a f***ing submarine, flared it's gills, opened wide and chucked up adult brown rat! T

Posted Images

Me and viz once saw a rabbit sitting in a fork of a big fecking tree

one night at the other end of a fiels i saw it first lit it up on the lamp

what the feck is that

got closer and lit it up again

its a rabbit

cant be its up a tree how the hell has that got there

so we went to have a look only to find that another tree had fallen onto the tree and loged its self in the fork it had ran up the fallen tree and was quite happy to sit there lol

we let it be

did not even try to shoot it

but it had  us baffeld lol

atvbjimmy

• Like 4

As a kid I done short spell in the scouts used to meet in the next  village hall , I can’t remember what game we were playing but involved several of us hiding in the churchyard opposite , we seen something white float along the headstones an being a country born lad even at that age I seen enough barn owls to know it wasn’t one , we soon high tailed it out of there .?

I saw a couple of strange things, one disturbing and one funny, both on the same day when we ere teenagers. My mate's parents used to have a house with a river at the end of the garden. We regularly used to go out in his little rowing boat up and down the river fishing. (Size 8 gold hook with about 10 maggots.)

One day we decided to go upstream to see if we could get to some spots that you couldn't get to on foot. When we got to a suitable place, we tied the boat and walked along the bank. It wasn't long till we came on a mass of gravestones right beside the river. There was about 30 or 40 of them. All very small and close together. At first I thought it was a pet cemetery, but the names on the stones weren't "Fido" or "Spot", they were "Emily - died age 6 months" or "Stephen - died age 3 years." I think 3 was the oldest we saw. They looked very old, but it creeped the hell out of us and we moved on.

Later as it was getting dark, we decided to head back but we didn't fancy walking through the graveyard again so decided to cut across a field that also made the journey shorter. We were halfway across the field when a horse came walking towards us, then faster, then it was running at us. We'd nearly made it across, so being brave I chucked my stuff over the fence and vaulted it. My mate wasn't so lucky and the horse bit him on his side and picked him off the ground, swung him for a bit then dropped him and walked  off. :laugh: I was half pissing myself laughing and half worried it would kill him. It hadn't broken the skin but he had a bruise from the top of his jeans to his armpit. I've been wary of horses ever since. They're too big. 

Same here Walshie... huge powerful animals controlled by a brain the size of a walnut!!

Not a greaf combo!!

I used to have to cross a farmers feild regular at one point and he kept to horses in there.. fine with people, but one of the big f**kers hated dogs though.... he had many a good course on my Italian Spinone that i had back then. Laughing my head off here reliving it... what a sight!!

• Haha 1

I've been watching a few of these podcasts on YouTube for a while, one of which was with a fella that visits haunted places etc. This was one of Billy Moores guests, I haven't watched the whole interview yet, but it got me thinking of one day late last year I'd been around the higher ground of Rothbury in Northumberland, and was walking along a track road, I always make a point of staying out to enjoy a bit of road walking and survey the hares, listen to the owls, and see a few pipistrelle bats flitting about when many others have retired to the village tearoom with the prospect of carrot cake, or that battenburg jobby and copious amounts of earl grey it was late dusk as I glanced to my right into a field there was a mans silhouette standing in the centre and towards the far end of the field which looked like mist, I looked back a second or two later wondering what it was, and there was nothing there. It's a pretty atmospheric place with a circular tower building overlooking this land. Anyway I continued on my way lest somebody got cornholed over a dilapidated rusty portable bbq with a bent wheel axle thus creating a squeak when in motion warriors come out to play esque, by a phantom or other.              

The end

Sharps folly

Alan mee podcast

Edited by low plains drifter
I am the great cornholio
  • Haha 3
6 hours ago, walshie said:

I saw a couple of strange things, one disturbing and one funny, both on the same day when we ere teenagers. My mate's parents used to have a house with a river at the end of the garden. We regularly used to go out in his little rowing boat up and down the river fishing. (Size 8 gold hook with about 10 maggots.)

One day we decided to go upstream to see if we could get to some spots that you couldn't get to on foot. When we got to a suitable place, we tied the boat and walked along the bank. It wasn't long till we came on a mass of gravestones right beside the river. There was about 30 or 40 of them. All very small and close together. At first I thought it was a pet cemetery, but the names on the stones weren't "Fido" or "Spot", they were "Emily - died age 6 months" or "Stephen - died age 3 years." I think 3 was the oldest we saw. They looked very old, but it creeped the hell out of us and we moved on.

Later as it was getting dark, we decided to head back but we didn't fancy walking through the graveyard again so decided to cut across a field that also made the journey shorter. We were halfway across the field when a horse came walking towards us, then faster, then it was running at us. We'd nearly made it across, so being brave I chucked my stuff over the fence and vaulted it. My mate wasn't so lucky and the horse bit him on his side and picked him off the ground, swung him for a bit then dropped him and walked  off. :laugh: I was half pissing myself laughing and half worried it would kill him. It hadn't broken the skin but he had a bruise from the top of his jeans to his armpit. I've been wary of horses ever since. They're too big. 

Have you any idea where that graveyard is walshie? I'd like to go in search of it... 

• Like 1

Perhaps there are some on here who remember this... 

Once run a fox under a security fence into an old bomb factory still used for storage. We got under the fence and hounds had run through the front door of an old farm house. The fox ran into an old fire place and dropped down under the floor. Perhaps the fire and hearth had been taken out, I can't remember, but there was a proper hole in the fireplace. 

A dog was dropped in the fireplace and started baying under the floor. We pulled some floorboards up and passed through the window, eventually getting a hand on the fox, someone looks under the floor and says... "there's more here". 

5 foxes were sat under that floor! 

• Like 5

My late grandad ones told me he had just weeded and raked his veg plot in his back garden when a fox run across it and out the frount garden tho the snicket and in to the feild then 2 minutes later the pack of hounds , then the horses he told them to go bloody round ha ! Unfortunately all the feilds are now gone and its all houses now , 

1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

Perhaps there are some on here who remember this... 

Once run a fox under a security fence into an old bomb factory still used for storage. We got under the fence and hounds had run through the front door of an old farm house. The fox ran into an old fire place and dropped down under the floor. Perhaps the fire and hearth had been taken out, I can't remember, but there was a proper hole in the fireplace. 

A dog was dropped in the fireplace and started baying under the floor. We pulled some floorboards up and passed through the window, eventually getting a hand on the fox, someone looks under the floor and says... "there's more here". 

5 foxes were sat under that floor! 

Few years back I went out one morning to feed a couple of pigs I had.  Dropped feed into field and saw something stuck out of the Earth they had dug up....now I am not a million miles away from Catterick base and it looked like a pretty big anti aircraft round to me......called cops......”don’t let the pigs touch it “......bomb squad and cops turned up.....turned out to be a tracer round......made safe by bomb squad and daughter wanted to take it to show and tell next day 

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, bell said:

Few years back I went out one morning to feed a couple of pigs I had.  Dropped feed into field and saw something stuck out of the Earth they had dug up....now I am not a million miles away from Catterick base and it looked like a pretty big anti aircraft round to me......called cops......”don’t let the pigs touch it “......bomb squad and cops turned up.....turned out to be a tracer round......made safe by bomb squad and daughter wanted to take it to show and tell next day 

Thought you were going to say it turned out to be a dildo 

• Haha 1

I found a grenade on one of our fields at work years ago now, it must have been ploughed thousands of time and been through the rotovator a lot too.

We had to vacate the field so got sent to work 100 yard away and the two coppers stood guard were throwing stones at it ?. It went off that night when the bomb squad set it off. Apparently the last time one was found was 30 years before and the village Bobby took it away in his bike basket rattling away to the main station in town.

• Haha 3