Strange things you've seen.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seeing rabbits and hares swimming rivers to avoid the dogs chasing them....but the best one was a hare running up a hollow log to avoid  capture by my bitch Sally the log went from the ground at one e

I was out foraging for Mushrooms and Fungi one day look up seen this. Its proper made pottery. Cheers Arry

Hooked into a pike on light spinning gear when I was a kid, it came cruising through the water in front of me like a f***ing submarine, flared it's gills, opened wide and chucked up adult brown rat! T

Posted Images

I was out hunting years back with the RA (Royal Artillery ) and as my name suggests I had brought along a baggy .This was years ago so no dramas lads .Fox was in a poultry crate that I gave to the terrierman back then .

Later in the day ,in a lull in proceedings , out comes the crate and into a hedge where the lid was pulled open .Foxy takes a brief look round and makes a bolt for it ,hounds hollered and the fox does a loop of the field and back in the crate .Hastily put the crate back in the landy and that fox earned his freedom back where it was dug .Boy did I get some stick ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Beating years ago on a large estate near me ,many years ago actually .

The guns hadn’t quite shot  the bag so a drive called Horsecopse was chosen late afternoon .The place was an unmanaged tangle of fir and old mans beard from memory .

We followed deer trails best we could shouting to each other to try maintain a line .When we reached daylight someone said “wheres Jim “

He was meant to be between me and my mate ,we’d been in touch with him until near the end so after the shouts were ignored a few of us went in to find him .

Jim was the security guard at the house who’d been roped into beating and we found him lead out and bleeding .

He had had a head on with a roe buck on one of the tight trails and he came off worse .We carried the fella out and off he went in a truck never to be seen again in the beating line .Could of been any of us .

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

I was out hunting years back with the RA (Royal Artillery ) and as my name suggests I had brought along a baggy .This was years ago so no dramas lads .Fox was in a poultry crate that I gave to the terrierman back then .

Later in the day ,in a lull in proceedings , out comes the crate and into a hedge where the lid was pulled open .Foxy takes a brief look round and makes a bolt for it ,hounds hollered and the fox does a loop of the field and back in the crate .Hastily put the crate back in the landy and that fox earned his freedom back where it was dug .Boy did I get some stick ?

thats briliant

Over the years I’ve had various birds share a high seat with me , from a shell duck , to a buzzard , which shit the life out of both of us as it came into land on the rail from beneath me .It just appeared wings and feet out , bloody great thing..to a barn owl that sat there for six or seven minutes with me trying to get the phone out without actually moving ..that would have been a special picture ..

• Like 1
2 hours ago, sussex said:

Over the years I’ve had various birds share a high seat with me , from a shell duck , to a buzzard , which shit the life out of both of us as it came into land on the rail from beneath me .It just appeared wings and feet out , bloody great thing..to a barn owl that sat there for six or seven minutes with me trying to get the phone out without actually moving ..that would have been a special picture ..

Had squirrels chirping at me from feet away but never a buzzard .Nice encounter mate .

17 hours ago, Greyman said:

Ok in the last week I,ve seen a barn owl hunting during daylight watched a beautiful male sparrowhawk out hunting and 3 roe all on my daily walk and this morning before driving back to Bristol for my babysitting duty’s I saw a lesser spotted woodpecker hiding in a hedge from the bitterly cold east winds all puffed up looking more like a blackbird than a woodpecker which was a first, also see ravens most days but they seem to be doing better than most so no longer a rarity, over the years I,ve seen bitterns water rails and a red fronted grebe which was quite plain and boring but exceptionally rare as I found out when I googled it, also get to see the odd perch and pike striking at all the roach hiding under my boat and have seen a bit of otter sign around the marina when the river is flooding ??

Get up to Monmouth I seen an heard ravens seen peregrines kites fly over as well ?

13 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Get up to Monmouth I seen an heard ravens seen peregrines kites fly over as well ?

Shooting in a snow storm and put a snipe out of a ditch, just about to pull the trigger and heard sound of tearing paper and a peregrine folded onto it....gobsmacked. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1