Strange things you've seen.

A few of these stories are bringing back some memories here so keep them coming folks...

Had a hedgehog in a long net one night and some horses in the same field thought it grand fun to pester me while i struggled with the prickly fecker,got that all sorted and should have just gone home but was keen so into another paddock and ran out the net all good and well.Went round the edge and walked it back in with a old miners lamp i blagged from a old miner believe it or not,put the lamp on to see if any rabbits were heading to the net only to see old brock heading for the net and then taking it well into a cornish thicket hedge.I just got a knife out and cut the fecker free and fecked off long netting for a few years..

Was out with a fella one time and he was squeeking in a fox and i was stood to the side a bit from him and he flicked the lamp on to see if old charlie was on his way in and as he done so a tawny owl was just about to land on his head and the light put it off just touching down ,it made me jump but he only felt the wind from it's wings as it flew off and he said he hadn't heard a thing and it had been less than inches from the top of his head..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seeing rabbits and hares swimming rivers to avoid the dogs chasing them....but the best one was a hare running up a hollow log to avoid  capture by my bitch Sally the log went from the ground at one e

I was out foraging for Mushrooms and Fungi one day look up seen this. Its proper made pottery. Cheers Arry

Hooked into a pike on light spinning gear when I was a kid, it came cruising through the water in front of me like a f***ing submarine, flared it's gills, opened wide and chucked up adult brown rat! T

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, fireman said:

A few of these stories are bringing back some memories here so keep them coming folks...

Had a hedgehog in a long net one night and some horses in the same field thought it grand fun to pester me while i struggled with the prickly fecker,got that all sorted and should have just gone home but was keen so into another paddock and ran out the net all good and well.Went round the edge and walked it back in with a old miners lamp i blagged from a old miner believe it or not,put the lamp on to see if any rabbits were heading to the net only to see old brock heading for the net and then taking it well into a cornish thicket hedge.I just got a knife out and cut the fecker free and fecked off long netting for a few years..

Was out with a fella one time and he was squeeking in a fox and i was stood to the side a bit from him and he flicked the lamp on to see if old charlie was on his way in and as he done so a tawny owl was just about to land on his head and the light put it off just touching down ,it made me jump but he only felt the wind from it's wings as it flew off and he said he hadn't heard a thing and it had been less than inches from the top of his head..

One of my dads mates who has passed now used to catch owls on the road by calling. He used to use a bit of fluff on a fishing rod line and would move it as calling and when the owl dropped chuck his coat on it 

• Like 2

My pal got wiped out by a fallow before had bruises all up one side absolutely knocked the bollocks out of him he said don’t move it will run round us I thought yeah alright took cover behind the van and sure as shit wiped him out flat on his back lamp in the air was funny stuff.. 

got chased by a donkey before dog never jumped fences but f***ing did that night noise the c**t made shit the life out of me. 

• Haha 5
53 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Was calling the wetlands one night and could see something coming in but it was acting really strange, thought at first a fox with a limp or something but it was a fecking great Marsh harrier hopping it's way down the beam towards us. 

I have squeked a barn owl in dive bombing us one night 

1 hour ago, gnipper said:

Bolted shellducks with dogs and ferrets, they're a shock when they hit the purse net and the buggers don't make it easy for you to get them out of it.

Try it when you bolt a big  feral now that does get emotional ? 

• Haha 1

I remember going lamping one night I was about 14 ish , went out with a lad whod just moved to our village from Bridlington,  had my whippet and my bsa lighting,  I slipped the dog on a rabbit in a stubble feild he run it and it started running towards us dog about 6ft from it when I heard my gun go off n rabbit summer salt n land at my feet n the lad Mark said cool as a cucumber "got it " I gave him a right bolcking about how he could of shot me or the dog then just burst out laughing how the f**k he did that I will never know