Coronavirus

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

So based on the other figures from europe and other places around the globe you didnt expect thousands of people to die? 

19 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

That's just your opinion though. There will always be disagreements but I reckon the government has done their best on the advice they have been given and arent just letting people die. Again that's my opinion. Neither is going to change the situation. As I said before not the time for finger pointing really. 

12 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Yep according to ex chief medical advisor for labour. Wouldnt trust a word that lot said. 

7 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I'm only at it I know f**k all about this. All I know is me and everybody I know is trying their best to keep safe on government advice. Nothing political or that just looking out for their health  or not looking for folk to blame. I suppose if your not happy you could always move to Germany.

2 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Cheers but its wasted on me. Couldnt care about political point scoring mate. More interested in keeping me and mines safe which we been managing ok so far without having to think about politics.

Not interested eh, odd way you have of showing it. 

• Haha 2
17 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

What planning for the inevitable? This has been spoken about for donkeys years mate. It go’s way back before this current government lineup obviously, but let’s get fcuking real here !?

17 minutes ago, sandymere said:

We did know we tested our pandemic response and failed but 6 to 9 below... 

FB_IMG_1587396015306.jpg.395e0f5d09b66ae50cb5e9274574690f.jpg

Government ministers discuss all sorts of scenarios  - they know that nuclear war 'could' happen one day. It doesn't mean that not having enough maintained fall out shelters for the entire population is a failure.

Also, a few conspiracy theories in science fiction books isn't proof that the current pandemic has 'been spoken about for donkeys years' :rolleyes:

My original post was about the slags in Europe spotting kit bound for the UK and stealing it.

......... That's them all over  :thumbdown:

3 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Government ministers discuss all sorts of scenarios  - they know that nuclear war 'could' happen one day. It doesn't mean that not having enough maintained fall out shelters for the entire population is a failure.

Also, a few conspiracy theories in science fiction books isn't proof that the current pandemic has 'been spoken about for donkeys years' :rolleyes:

My original post was about the slags in Europe spotting kit bound for the UK and stealing it.

......... That's them all over  :thumbdown:

No but they spend billions on national defence ?

& past viruses that ran the risk of being pandemics we’re just science fiction?

1 minute ago, Accip74 said:

No but they spend billions on national defence ?

& past viruses that ran the risk of being pandemics we’re just science fiction?

Of course they spend money on defence - most countries do. I don't see what's funny about it.

Now you're being obtuse - I didn't say that past viruses are science fiction.

Just now, Jonjon79 said:

Of course they spend money on defence - most countries do. I don't see what's funny about it.

Now you're being obtuse - I didn't say that past viruses are science fiction.

It’s not funny, you are. We spend billions of defence, so why not spend a billion on preparing for a pandemic? It’s not just the U.K. it’s a common flaw across the world.

You suggested the threat of pandemics were conspiracy theory’s didn’t you?

To suggest we needed a crystal ball for better preparation is nonsense 

3 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

It’s not funny, you are. We spend billions of defence, so why not spend a billion on preparing for a pandemic? It’s not just the U.K. it’s a common flaw across the world.

No money to gain from pandemic prep that might be why ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sandymere said:

What we just keep letting people die? 

Our government has failed miserable and that needs to be answered. 

No government could've got it right  ... it's a never before seen event...political point scoring now is sad imo..

• Like 10
5 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

I didn't suggest it was a conspiracy theory - I suggested that your comment that it's been spoken about for years had been gleaned from conspiracy theories.  There's a difference. 

The crystal ball comment relates to the fact that no one could have seen this coming.

........ Despite all the HMG bashing, it's just not feasible to throw a ton of cash into every eventuality. 

Good money is spent on defence because we're an island nation and, for just 1 example, we still get regular incursions or close passes by Russian planes.

Right now, this country is fire fighting the best it can and, like I said, it's not helped by those thieving slags across the channel stealing kit that was destined for the NHS.

1 hour ago, sandymere said:

Basically we f****d up and have a death rate to show it. As a country we should be ashamed of ourselves. 

Sadly you would be ashamed of us even if no one died,  the death rate in this country for March is actually lower than the same period last year ??

• Like 1

Im just curious....i know theres a few lads on here from various European countries Spain,France,Belgium etc....tell me,since this virus has been rampaging through Europe has your mainstream medias spent the entire time bitching and slagging off your governments.....or is it just a British thing ?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jonjon79 said:

I didn't suggest it was a conspiracy theory - I suggested that your comment that it's been spoken about for years had been gleaned from conspiracy theories.  There's a difference. 

The crystal ball comment relates to the fact that no one could have seen this coming.

........ Despite all the HMG bashing, it's just not feasible to throw a ton of cash into every eventuality. 

Good money is spent on defence because we're an island nation and, for just 1 example, we still get regular incursions or close passes by Russian planes.

Right now, this country is fire fighting the best it can and, like I said, it's not helped by those thieving slags across the channel stealing kit that was destined for the NHS.

It was gleaned from the fact that pandemics have been spoken as threat for years by science, not me, what do I know? But warnings have been there to governments, some obviously more serious than others, but this isn’t totally unexpected, just a massive surprise to us all that it actually became real.

5 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Im just curious....i know theres a few lads on here from various European countries Spain,France,Belgium etc....tell me,since this virus has been rampaging through Europe has your mainstream medias spent the entire time bitching and slagging off your governments.....or is it just a British thing ?

It is mainly a British thing. The British press are always looking for blood. Hounding public figures for their resignations while burying their own mistakes.

There is a German newspaper called Der Spiegel. you can read the International edition online. These are the guys who raised the Man City financial irregularities and the German motor industry's malpractice that is going to cost them € Billions in fines. Meanwhile the BBC's Laura Kuntsberg is busy trying to get Government Ministers to resign because they took some advice off medical experts that proved in hindsight to be flawed.

• Like 2