Coronavirus

A van driver at work who has been off work with it for two weeks I couldn't believe it when I saw him the weight he had lost and he looked shocking a big lad as well at 6f4 and a lot younger than me made me realise how fekin seriouse this virus is to some.

• Like 2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

Was talking to a mate last night, his wife is frontline staff at the local hospital on the Corona virus ward...she came home very upset yesterday, he couldn't say exactly why, but did say she very rarely is affected by her job, shes been nursing since school...over 25 years...

There is a lot going on with this, she was speaking in the back ground and is obviously very concerned...plus sick of the face book know alls who are not seeing it first hand ..

Another thing she said was in another hospital they have tested all of the a&e staff, 50% tested positive and had to be sent home...now they are considering not testing any further as they cant afford the amount of staff it would put out of duty.... 

• Sad 4
On 18/04/2020 at 23:28, dogmandont said:

Just got word tonight that a nephew of mine has covid19, big strong healthy lad so hopefully will come through it alright fingers crossed. Never think these things are gonna hit so close to home, just goes to show. 

my cousin his wife and both his kids caught it felt shit for a few days fine now 

• Like 2

Influenza, which each year kills hundreds of thousands of people worldwide, all but vanished in Europe last month as coronavirus lockdowns slowed transmission, according to EU data and scientists.

The northern hemisphere’s winter flu outbreak normally runs from October until mid-May and in some seasons has claimed lives on the scale of COVID-19, despite the existence of a vaccine.

Influenza killed 152,000 people in Europe in the 2017-18 winter. So far, COVID-19 has taken nearly 100,000 lives across the continent, albeit in a shorter period of time.

“The flu season ended earlier than usual this year and this is probably due to the measures taken regarding SARS-CoV-2, such as social distancing and mask wearing,” Holger Rabenau, virologist at the Frankfurt University Hospital, told Reuters, using the scientific name of the new coronavirus.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-flu/remember-the-flu-coronavirus-sent-it-into-hiding-but-at-a-cost-idUKKBN2221PK?il=0

Far to many dying, we missed the boat big time and continue to do so. A downward curve will look good but not here yet and remember the figures are human lives so perhaps we should also look at those dying and reflect a little. 

FB_IMG_1587389899511.jpg.201415059aac5daec9d460b084838357.jpg

Who is accountable for those lost lives? 

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Rusty_terrier said:

We will worry about holding the chinese accountable when this passes. Not the right time to point the finger  more the time to try Nd get through this

What we just keep letting people die? 

Our government has failed miserable and that needs to be answered. 

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Let me guess? The tories 

The government didn't listen to the advice of the WHO and continue to ignore it in action. The Germans did hence they are not losing thousands of lives, so all seems pretty simple to me. How many lives do we need to lose over the next few weeks before you and Rusty feel it will be enough? 

2 minutes ago, sandymere said:

What we just keep letting people die? 

Our government has failed miserable and that needs to be answered. 

Oh ok then, you win we,ll all vote for kier starmer at the next elections, thanks for educating us and saving us from ourselves, ???

• Haha 4
3 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Oh ok then, you win we,ll all vote for kier starmer at the next elections, thanks for educating us and saving us from ourselves, ???

Its not about the next election. People are dying now! The decisions are being made now.

Edited by sandymere
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Enough? Don’t try an out words in folks mouth you silly Pratt, you tried it other day when I laughed at you an you tried make out i was laughing at the deaths, you not even worth a serious answer Sandy, I liked reading some your stuff about dogs but after seeing how kennel blind you are on politics it made me realise your just a very blinkered person, carry on tho ?

I didn't put words in your mouth I asked you a simple question. 

I'll reword it if you feel it is a closed question. 

Do you feel the difference in death rates between the UK and Germany are acceptable? 

On 19/04/2020 at 00:28, dogmandont said:

Just got word tonight that a nephew of mine has covid19, big strong healthy lad so hopefully will come through it alright fingers crossed. Never think these things are gonna hit so close to home, just goes to show. 

Our kid had it mate, 28 years old, strong and extremely fit..... 2 weeks of feeling crap, now he's all cleared. I was sick (still not sure if I had it or not), took me a week to get over it... Big healthy lad, I'm sure he'll be reet ;)

Tell him to keep eating plenty of vit C fruits and high calorie foods.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Its not about the next election. People are dying now! The decisions are being made now.

Oh ok then sorry, give me 10mins I’ll see if I can call a quick snap general election, ???

2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I don’t know enough to make that comparison an I seriously doubt you do either, iv heard 2 experts give opposing views so eve they ain’t sure, but let me guess, your Labour Party know the answer an would have done right thing? 

let me ask you. When we built all the extra hospitals an such were we it expecting the worst? But you said other day it’s fat worse than we expected???

There's a difference between hospital beds and deaths. I was writing about people dying and you were, and continue, to try and score points. You don't need to be an expert to decide when enough is enough in respect of human lives.