Coronavirus

1 minute ago, Greyman said:

Oh ok then sorry, give me 10mins I’ll see if I can call a quick snap general election, ???

Why are you going on about elections? I'm writing of my shock that thousands are dying and stating the government should be held to account whilst you're posting smiley faces, that says a lot.. 

• Haha 1

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Our kid had it mate, 28 years old, strong and extremely fit..... 2 weeks of feeling crap, now he's all cleared. I was sick (still not sure if I had it or not), took me a week to get over it... Big healthy lad, I'm sure he'll be reet ;)

Tell him to keep eating plenty of vit C fruits and high calorie foods.

Was speaking to him last night and he reckons even his skin is sore to the touch but he's in good enough form so should be fine. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

No expert can flick a switch an stop this, so stop pretending they can

Now who's putting words in other people's mouths, I'm not saying they can flick a switch or stop. I'm saying it has been mismanaged and continues to be, countries that have followed WHO advice have and continue to fare better, saving thousands of lives. 

6 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Why are you going on about elections? I'm writing of my shock that thousands are dying and stating the government should be held to account whilst you're posting smiley faces, that says a lot.. 

Why are you shocked at the thousands dying, your an nhs health professional and we experience an average of 1400/1600 deaths per day in the uk every day of the year, my laughter if I need to explain to you, is aimed at your pathetic attempt to score political brownie points out of a tragedy, your the same as every other wanky remainer  on YouTube crying to cancel brexit and blaming the government for something that was beyond there control, ?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Greyman said:

Why are you shocked at the thousands dying, your an nhs health professional and we experience an average of 1400/1600 deaths per day in the uk every day of the year, my laughter if I need to explain to you, is aimed at your pathetic attempt to score political brownie points out of a tragedy, your the same as every other wanky remainer  on YouTube crying to cancel brexit and blaming the government for something that was beyond there control, ?

Why am I shocked because thousands of people are dying? Words fail me. 

It is nothing to do with listening to the WHO. Germany had five times the capacity to conduct tests from day one and that is what they did. They had more masks available from day one. The WHO got it wrong from the start and have not exactly covered themselves in glory since.

Each country has different criteria for recording and reporting infections and deaths. So nobody can accurately compare stat's between countries. At the moment China is lying through its teeth in a damage limitation exercise.

• Like 4
Just now, Nicepix said:

It is nothing to do with listening to the WHO. Germany had five times the capacity to conduct tests from day one and that is what they did. They had more masks available from day one. The WHO got it wrong from the start and have not exactly covered themselves in glory since.

Each country has different criteria for recording and reporting infections and deaths. So nobody can accurately compare stat's between countries. At the moment China is lying through its teeth in a damage limitation exercise.

We had availability but didn't use it, we had warning but didn't listen, we should and could have done better. The government didn't contact labs, they said there was a shortage of chemicals but industry said otherwise. 

Just now, sandymere said:

So newspaper reporters are experts are thy? 

Remember there is no template for dealing with this. Every country has different issues. But only the the newspaper reporters have 20/20 hindsight. And theGrauniad isn't exactly supportive of the Tories in any situation.

• Like 1

Surely we can agree that some countries will of handled this better than others? Given the information they received?

or have been better prepared in the first place?

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

So newspaper reporters are experts are thy? 

Remember there is no template for dealing with this. Every country has different issues. But only the the newspaper reporters have 20/20 hindsight. And theGrauniad isn't exactly supportive of the Tories in any situation.

Every figure or claim is pretty simple to check, in fact most are linked to sources in the article. If you can find an error I'd be interested to see it. 

2 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

So based on the other figures from europe and other places around the globe you didnt expect thousands of people to die? 

I thought it likely but expected that Britain would be one of the better performing countries like Germany, Korea, New Zealand etc.