Coronavirus

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

15 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

Honestly don't know what the craic is. It was sent to help with a potential overflow from NY hospitals and whether it's doing that I don't know. I know that NY services are stretched but to what degree I honestly can't comment because I don't live in NY. Again, was sending it premature or is preparing for a SHTF scenario an acceptable use of public resources?

I follow defence news daily and read about this when she was deployed. Simple boring explanation, as usual...

"Mercy brings a team of medical professionals, medical equipment, and supplies, all of which will act, in essence, as a ‘relief valve’ for local civilian hospitals in Los Angeles so that local health professionals can better focus on COVID-19 cases. We will use our agility and responsiveness as an afloat Medical Treatment Facility to do what the country asks, and bring relief where we are needed most."

Capt. John Rotruck, Mercy’s Military Treatment Facility commanding officer

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/us-navy-hospital-ship-mercy-departs-san-diego/

Can't be arsed to find the simple boring explanations for the other nonsense.

Edited to add for anyone who doesn't read the sources of quotes. Mercy's sister ship Comfort is the one off NY.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

My understanding of the flu shot is that it's a pasteurized version of the original virus that the body creates antibodies to. Over time I reckon this is what will happen with C19 and it'll go the same way.

I was out with someone recently who works in the hospital and is involved in this stuff he explained to me that the flue jab is made up of 4 strains of flu the experts think will be most active that year, it’s very hit and miss as there are some 250 different strains, to choose from, but that is how it is done, I don’t have anyway of proving or disproving what he was telling me but as it’s what he does as a job I recon he has more insight than myself ✌️

• Like 1
9 hours ago, timmytree said:

There's something we should learn from NL 73 and covid 19. China should be avoided in future. No trade, No travel, don't buy anything and don't allow the Chinese any contact at all with the Western world. I still believe their diseases are part of a plan for them to control the world through finance because they can never control the world through arms. They will only ever beat the USA through finance and that is what they are aiming for. Why else would they be buying Western shares and supplying medical kit so soon after their own disease catastrophe that according to them was so much lower than anything in Europe? I prefer to believe their telephonics lady who stated 15 million mobiles registered that stopped working from January to end of March.

One thing I doubt anyone would argue about is there is no way only 3.5k people died in China. From the little independent journalism coming out for China the number could be tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands. An article I read yesterday said talking to a crematorium worker said that at the worst point they we working 5.00am to 8.00pm with 5000 bodies waiting to go in the oven and his was at one of EIGHT crematoriums across the city. If we have had 10,000 hospital deaths so far think what they will have actually had. Mind boggling. It’s also incredibly scary that know one is publicly (world governments or the free press) properly questioning China on any of this or the cover up that caused it! If the west don’t change our reliance of China I think we will be f****d, it may already be to late. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I was out with someone recently who works in the hospital and is involved in this stuff he explained to me that the flue jab is made up of 4 strains of flu the experts think will be most active that year, it’s very hit and miss as there are some 250 different strains, to choose from, but that is how it is done, I don’t have anyway of proving or disproving what he was telling me but as it’s what he does as a job I recon he has more insight than myself ✌️

Its correct :thumbs: however I wouldn't have said hit and miss but more of a game of odds .

• Like 3
17 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

How many are tested total, or tested to see if they're safe overall? They're all tested before manufacture (overall) but I sincerely doubt they test every single one before they go into a vial. Same with pills.

I can understand what you're saying but why increase your risk of contracting the illness trying to buy something we don't know whether it will even treat the illness never mind cure the illness?

It seems you're convinced it works. No? Are you willing to just take handfuls for the sake of it or would you rather see some actual widespread evidence before rushing out to Boots for what could have the same results as buying a pint of milk?

Link: Fact Check On What We Currently Know About Hydroxychloroquine

TL:DR (Too Long Didn't Read) Dr. Anthony Fauci of the National Institutes of Health was asked March 24 whether the drug was considered a treatment for the novel coronavirus.

"The answer is no," he said, "and the evidence that you're talking about ... is anecdotal evidence."

I think your needing to do a little research on dr Fauci lol  all is not what it seems lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

The leaflet they give you when you get the flu jab tells you the same thing 

• Like 1

Lockdown boredom doesn't happen here , learning the wee lad how to work, fixing brakes on a Leyland tractor . Going to have to get him his own boiler suit/overalls at this rate IMG_20200412_124900.jpg.f15d69ce3aeaa1a8ff0c829679dc3fce.jpg

IMG_20200412_124853.jpg.d0685ee952fb33105d783acb14aebc54.jpg

• Like 9
21 minutes ago, Chid said:

Lockdown boredom doesn't happen here , learning the wee lad how to work, fixing brakes on a Leyland tractor . Going to have to get him his own boiler suit/overalls at this rate IMG_20200412_124900.jpg.f15d69ce3aeaa1a8ff0c829679dc3fce.jpg

Brilliant to see Chid, keep her lit. 

In the last couple of weeks iv learned me an kids how to make some rabbit snares, an how an were to set them, an we've caught a few. 

Then I showed them how to gut an skin the rabbit, there loving it an so am I, iv been missing out, great oul craic. 

Next on the list an couple slingshots lol

8 minutes ago, Francie said:

Brilliant to see Chid, keep her lit. 

In the last couple of weeks iv learned me an kids how to make some rabbit snares, an how an were to set them, an we've caught a few. 

Then I showed them how to gut an skin the rabbit, there loving it an so am I, iv been missing out, great oul craic. 

Next on the list an couple slingshots lol

? You don't realise just how much time you miss out on with the kids, when your working . 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Bobtheferret said:

One thing I doubt anyone would argue about is there is no way only 3.5k people died in China. From the little independent journalism coming out for China the number could be tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands. An article I read yesterday said talking to a crematorium worker said that at the worst point they we working 5.00am to 8.00pm with 5000 bodies waiting to go in the oven and his was at one of EIGHT crematoriums across the city. If we have had 10,000 hospital deaths so far think what they will have actually had. Mind boggling. It’s also incredibly scary that know one is publicly (world governments or the free press) properly questioning China on any of this or the cover up that caused it! If the west don’t change our reliance of China I think we will be f****d, it may already be to late. 

China was seeing deaths for months before they told rest of the world ,look how many have died in New York ? China must have lost many thousands of life's and death rate going up again ? So I see on the news ,

we are no where near the middle of this never mind the end .

local to me they are setting a recycling plant as a mortery for thousands of body's .

10 hours ago, Chid said:

Wee lad ? I thought that was you chid lol

• Haha 4