Coronavirus

17 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

Plants & seeds essential items here ?

There not here , most garden centres closed , and I know of one that was forced to close after complaints about them being open to who ever deals with business being open when they shouldn't

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ChrisJones said:

Fair one and that's genuinely encouraging but it does matter about side effects. It does matter about whether it will actually work on a large scale. This is a global issue. We simply will not be able to dose everyone in a small amount of time. Production will have to be ramped up and unfortunately that means the costs will too.

One of your arguments against vaccines is the side effects. Why would this differ?

Great. But Nevada's governor has already had to issue an executive order to limit the outpatient supply to those with actual medical conditions to prevent panic buying and stockpiling. This is one of the side effects of the modern media where soundbites are all anyone listens too and the ramifications they're causing while everyone is panicked. People don't listen to doctors and medical professionals. They hear anti malaria drug cures C19 and they rush out and get whatever they can.

That's just disingenuous mate. Clinical trials take a minute. There's plenty come out in the meantime that I've already posted that is casting doubt on it's effectiveness hence the need for serious testing. We don't even know at this early stage whether the drug cured or whether they recovered from the symptoms despite the drugs. Either way Dr Fauci is the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. He says the jury is out on this treatment and that's good enough for me. We're just anonymous blokes on the internet talking about sh*t we don't know enough about and everyone needs to bear that in mind who reads any of this! :laugh: :thumbs:

Will you get the jab when it comes out? :hmm:

But why would we need a vaccine for an illness which most can handle? 

Would a vaccine stop indefinatley  catching it? 

41 minutes ago, Chid said:

There not here , most garden centres closed , and I know of one that was forced to close after complaints about them being open to who ever deals with business being open when they shouldn't

Local garden centre is doing deliveries only, he'd only taken delivery of 25 grands worth of plants just before all this kicked off and said if he was stuck with them it would of finished him. 

50 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Local garden centre is doing deliveries only, he'd only taken delivery of 25 grands worth of plants just before all this kicked off and said if he was stuck with them it would of finished him. 

Same as my work , the owners have furloughed us and there doin deliveries themselves .. we'd have a brave amount of stock on the place to 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but, I didn't think that you could get a vaccine for a virus?

Flu is a virus 

8 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Granted but, each year the old folks get given a dormant dose to help build resilience. I didn't think that was a true vaccine. 

That's how most vaccines work , 

Screenshot_20200412-224046__01.jpg.5693e447a11a19f9e7a6bbddd0471903.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Francie said:

But why would we need a vaccine for an illness which most can handle?

Firstly, can you handle it? I don't know if I can and I don't want to infect myself to find out.

Secondly, herd immunity.  Maybe you and I can handle it. What about your family? Your neighbours? Your work colleagues? Bloke in the pub? Old fella you bumped into at the local Spar? Can they handle it? Many carriers of the illness are asymptomatic and could theoretically infect a large number of people that they come into contact with. Can they handle it? Is it fair to test their ability to handle it seeing that this went global in 4 months? That's without including people that can't have vaccines for medical reasons. Allergies etc. The more people vaccinated the less chance those that aren't, or can't, will come into contact with the carriers.

Thirdly. When this dies down, and it will. It will resurface in clusters. Like TB and measles have done. Like the flu does every year. Is it realistic to lock down a town? City or county? Even a country? Every time it happens?

1 hour ago, Francie said:

Would a vaccine stop indefinatley  catching it?

We don't know how quickly this virus will evolve so that is a tough one. I've heard different stories on how many strains of this one there are already. Honestly, I imagine it will work a lot like flu shots where the vaccine will immunize the person against that strain. Will I get one? Yes! Like I do every year for personal protection and for herd immunity. This was hammered into my skull when my son was born dangerously premature in 2000. Kids in incubators contracting illnesses from visitors. Anecdotal I know but coming in and seeing the incubator next to your sons empty because the wee lad didn't make it has a really heavy roll in showing just how important it is. Have a chat with an NHS nurse about vaccinations for some real frontline news!

I come into contact with a lot of people in the course of every working day and being able to sanitize everything, every moment, on an industrial scale is impossible and impractical. Like pretty much everyone else. Why risk it and why risk giving it someone else? For the sake of a $10 jab at Walgreens?! I'd imagine your GP wouldn't even charge you for it in Eire?

Will you get one? Entirely up to you, of course, and you're free to abstain as am I to get one. I just feel that there are very few good reasons not to.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Granted but, each year the old folks get given a dormant dose to help build resilience. I didn't think that was a true vaccine. 

My understanding of the flu shot is that it's a pasteurized version of the original virus that the body creates antibodies to. Over time I reckon this is what will happen with C19 and it'll go the same way.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, timmytree said:

I caught real flu 25 years ago, me and my Mrs got it and were felled for 2 weeks. Trust me, it ain't a cold or a sniffle, we couldn't get out of bed for a week apart from having a puke or a shit. I really thought we were dying, in fact for the first few days I would have died happily because I was in so much pain. Some of you say you've had flu, well you haven't, you had a sniffle or a bad cold. Real flu makes you want to die to get away from it. Real flu kills people. CV 19 is even worse because we don't have a vaccine or any medicines that work against it..

Had the flu for the first time in the first week of December past and you are right i only ever thought i had the flu before because that shit knocked the stuffing out of me, first full week id taken of work because of illness in over twenty years. 

7 minutes ago, timmytree said:

Trust me, you probably didn't have flu then. Just before and after Xmas there was another virus going around. A mild corona virus known as NL 73, yet another virus from China but relatively mild.

It hit a lot of people over here but only a few got tested for it,  lots of people ill in november and december with the same symptoms. It was the forerunner of Covid 19 but doesn't give any immunity.

Never knew thst timmy, never had anything like it the wife and kids had it as well but they were over it in a couple of days with mild symptoms whereas it hit me really hard for a week.