Lidle Find

Think the only wildcats wandering about in the UK is the scottish wildcat.and they are as rare as hens teeth. It just seems to me out of all the years and amount of people wandering around in remote places and people specifically looking to prove big cats are out there .well nothing concrete has ever been found.

I also think if anyone ever did get indisputable existence of such animals they would cash in big time and want to be the first to tell the nation of there findings.

I dont see any reason why the goverment or any other official body would even bother in attempting to keep it secret from the public. They normally would only do that for public safety, but i cant think of one time where anyone in the UK has been attacked or killed by some big cat. Also areas like cash in on tourists by feeding the myth of whether something is out there whether it be the best of bodmin or nessie. They dont try to cover it up or hide it,

• Like 2

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I just met up with greyman and seen the footage he has and here is my verdict .......   As far as I'm concerned I was looking at a video of a young mountain lion type big cat ... the video is o

Not just big cats we have roaming the countryside in the UK, we've got some big primates also. Managed to capture this image of a mountain gorilla in a secret location in the Scottish highlands just a

Id like to thank socks, had a lovely drive up saw my first hare of the year and also a red kite on the way back, met a decent like minded bloke that has certainly had many years experience and knows h

Posted Images

Its been an interesting topic ive enjoyed reading some folks passion for this type of thing......but that type of passion is why a statement like the above is for me what raises the most doubt as i dont think they would be able to keep real solid evidence to themselves it would be human nature to shout " look at this " from the rooftops.....i believe in God but that's all it is " belief " if i had some solid evidence in the existence of God you bet your life i,d be showing anyone willing to listen thats just how we are ......it all seems a bit feeble and pathetic to say " i have evidence......but im not telling " !

I see what you mean Gnash but how many times on this forum has absolute proof been enough to change anyone's mind? :hmm:

We have solid evidence of evolution but how many on here show a 4 minute YouTube clips debunking it? I see what you mean about wanting to shout it from the rooftops but I guess if you're being shouted down all the time you reach the stage where you wonder why you bother.

I mean if he was actually able to post a decent high resolution picture of a big cat, in the UK, how many of the panel of experts are going to find flaws, and conspiracy, with it? Again I'm not fully convinced without the evidence, it's a prerequisite, but if you're not the most tech savvy poster like he claims it's pissing in the wind to sit here and try and argue the toss when to some no evidence is enough.

Yes i get what your saying mate but i suppose what i really mean is what is the need for so much secrecy regardless of whether it is indeed the animal he claims.......if theres an earner in it then fair enough but if its simply an important discovery i just dont understand the big secrecy surely its something you would share and want to get to the bottom of as a group if necessary just whatever gets you to the truth ?......to be quite honest if theres dough in it then personally i would not of opened my mouth at all as its none of my business how a man pays his bills but if its genuinely a hobby/interest/passion type of thing i just dont get it.

And with all due respect to Socks what is he an authority on big cats all of a sudden if someones going to look at this footage let it be an expert in that field not some soppy Welsh bloke who dont know his arse from his elbow :whistling:

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

I picked my cam up for $90, which at the time I bought it was about £60. It's attached to a tree about 20ft from my bedroom window.

It's pretty decent HD picture and video...

Pic Edited: CJ

In the interests of science what animal would you say this is?

Pic Edited: CJ

Edited by ChrisJones
  • Like 1

Something like an Alsatian or maybe a Huskie type with the fine coat which stands out?

*Edit, bet it turns out to be as mundane as a damn Fox or Lynx which we see all the time.........

Edited by Paulnix

picking up on somthing scot said on his last post,,about public safety ...

now i might be wrong in this, but arnt leopards and jaguar,, a bit more man eater-ish,,,,than other big cats ,,,i think both species are more likly to kill humans than african lion...so assuming the black cats are leopard or jaguar,,,,would there not have been some one dragged up a tree by now,,especialy a child ?

now im no cat expert or owt,,,so i might be wrong in the above,,,but my parents go to south africa most years and spend at least a week in the krugar national park,,,there always telling me about folk that have been taken by leopard,,including a ranger talking folk out on a night drive a few year ago...

I picked my cam up for $90, which at the time I bought it was about £60. It's attached to a tree about 20ft from my bedroom window.

It's pretty decent HD picture and video...

MarchYardCam1_zpsquz7bgsf.jpg

In the interests of science what animal would you say this is?

AprilYardCam1_zpspvpacjgf.jpg

In the interest of science and seeing as its bright white its obviously a feckin polar bear...
  • Like 1

Tomo jags aren't really known for killing humans particularly but you are right that leopards are more likely to. However thesee tend to be so called rogue individuals and are still very rare in relation to population size.there are always certain circumstances which cause this for example old or injured animals with a shortage of natural prey . Where leopards are desensitised by exposure to people obviously they lose some of their fear such as urban foxes. I think if there is a population in Britain then the density is so low that I think they would struggle to meet any of the normal goals for becoming man eaters . Read Corbett book The man eating leopard of Rudraprayag

Also whats the chances of a male meeting a female in the UK and raising a litter.

Slim to none IMO. The odds of that happening must be in the billions.

if ever there was a big cat escaped/released or swam the channel it would have died off a long time ago.

An Alsatian ?

Something like an Alsatian or maybe a Huskie type with the fine coat which stands out?

*Edit, bet it turns out to be as mundane as a damn Fox or Lynx which we see all the time.........

In the interest of science and seeing as its bright white its obviously a feckin polar bear...

So two for Alsatian, one for polar bear. It's actually a coyote. They run through my yard a few times a month, and I could hear them howling last night, after I posted this so I might have more pics.

The point is there were two educated guesses and one piss take. If you apply that to something that may, or may not exist. Scale it up to the national level. You then show your pictures and then have them dissected by public opinion. With a 33% piss take response I can fully understand why someone wouldn't want to post the controversial stuff in the first place! :laugh:

• Like 6

Its been an interesting topic ive enjoyed reading some folks passion for this type of thing......but that type of passion is why a statement like the above is for me what raises the most doubt as i dont think they would be able to keep real solid evidence to themselves it would be human nature to shout " look at this " from the rooftops.....i believe in God but that's all it is " belief " if i had some solid evidence in the existence of God you bet your life i,d be showing anyone willing to listen thats just how we are ......it all seems a bit feeble and pathetic to say " i have evidence......but im not telling " !

I see what you mean Gnash but how many times on this forum has absolute proof been enough to change anyone's mind? :hmm:

We have solid evidence of evolution but how many on here show a 4 minute YouTube clips debunking it? I see what you mean about wanting to shout it from the rooftops but I guess if you're being shouted down all the time you reach the stage where you wonder why you bother.

I mean if he was actually able to post a decent high resolution picture of a big cat, in the UK, how many of the panel of experts are going to find flaws, and conspiracy, with it? Again I'm not fully convinced without the evidence, it's a prerequisite, but if you're not the most tech savvy poster like he claims it's pissing in the wind to sit here and try and argue the toss when to some no evidence is enough.

Yes i get what your saying mate but i suppose what i really mean is what is the need for so much secrecy regardless of whether it is indeed the animal he claims.......if theres an earner in it then fair enough but if its simply an important discovery i just dont understand the big secrecy surely its something you would share and want to get to the bottom of as a group if necessary just whatever gets you to the truth ?......to be quite honest if theres dough in it then personally i would not of opened my mouth at all as its none of my business how a man pays his bills but if its genuinely a hobby/interest/passion type of thing i just dont get it.

And with all due respect to Socks what is he an authority on big cats all of a sudden if someones going to look at this footage let it be an expert in that field not some soppy Welsh bloke who dont know his arse from his elbow :whistling:

Sure he don't need to be an expert......just needs to give an unbiased view off what he thinks it is....up to greyman to get expert opinion when it suits him.....just needs to verify that Greyman might have a case or else he's a total Walter Mitty....plenty off them about.....

Sure he don't need to be an expert......just needs to give an unbiased view off what he thinks it is....up to greyman to get expert opinion when it suits him.....just needs to verify that Greyman might have a case or else he's a total Walter Mitty....plenty off them about.....

Fukcing cockney who wouldn't know a cow if it took a shit in his car telling me I don't know my arse from my elbow ... cheeky fukcer ... right I am no big cat expert even though I have seen a fair few of all different breeds in the wild BUT I do know what lives in the British countryside and I'm sure I can tell a big cat from a fukcing hedgehog lol .......

• Like 3

Fukcing cockney who wouldn't know a cow if it took a shit in his car telling me I don't know my arse from my elbow ... cheeky fukcer ... right I am no big cat expert even though I have seen a fair few of all different breeds in the wild BUT I do know what lives in the British countryside and I'm sure I can tell a big cat from a fukcing hedgehog lol .......

Go meet greyman then

Go meet greyman then

Ok seeing as you have said I should I will ... you never know perhaps he will actually turn up eh Cushty .......

Go meet greyman then
Ok seeing as you have said I should I will ... you never know perhaps he will actually turn up eh Cushty .......

You'll never go full of shit lol

• Like 1