Lidle Find

i seen two in Lincolnshire,,one twenty years back,and the other one about eight years ago,about five hundred yards from were I live, both winter time,,and both seen with different people with me.. both black and puma/panther type..first one ran across road whilst driving, and the other ran across road in front of me..[walking] just before the second one appeared I noticed my old dogs body action change whence it showed and she ran it..these cats I think travel big area's because two days later a chap was on the local radio saying he had spotted one,and if it was the same one,which I believe it was had been seen about eight miles away as the crow flies..

so iv'e been lucky eh..and if they want cats..what was they..

thanks..

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I just met up with greyman and seen the footage he has and here is my verdict .......   As far as I'm concerned I was looking at a video of a young mountain lion type big cat ... the video is o

Not just big cats we have roaming the countryside in the UK, we've got some big primates also. Managed to capture this image of a mountain gorilla in a secret location in the Scottish highlands just a

Id like to thank socks, had a lovely drive up saw my first hare of the year and also a red kite on the way back, met a decent like minded bloke that has certainly had many years experience and knows h

Posted Images

i seen two in Lincolnshire,,one twenty years back,and the other one about eight years ago,about five hundred yards from were I live, both winter time,,and both seen with different people with me.. both black and puma/panther type..first one ran across road whilst driving, and the other ran across road in front of me..[walking] just before the second one appeared I noticed my old dogs body action change whence it showed and she ran it..these cats I think travel big area's because two days later a chap was on the local radio saying he had spotted one,and if it was the same one,which I believe it was had been seen about eight miles away as the crow flies..

thanks..

If it was black it definitely wasn't a Puma.

Well I am on greymans side I've been in the countryside and seen and experienced enough and talked to enough genuine folk to make me believe there are indeed big cats out there .......

100% agree with you, no doubt in my mind there are big cats out there, certain areas would be perfect for them to live in undisturbed, plus often those who see them want them and the ground left undisturbed.

thanks..

If it was black it definitely wasn't a Puma.

Don't know if I'm right in saying this but I think black cats are just leopards and jaguars that have something wrong with them that makes them black we seen one in Mexico and when you looked at it properly you could see it had the spots and markings under the black coat. Don't think a panther is even a real thing is it ?

Think that's right, melanistic versions of Leopards and Jaguars.

Anybody else thinking about meeting greyman in a motorway stop to see this video .

Do you have any plans on releasing defining footage at any point in the future greyman?

the footage I have at present would be torn apart much like the photo that started all of this mate, but as I have spent several years in this woodland after a few sightings were reported following animal trails and getting reports from locals I have over three years narrowed down my search to a small gulley I thought they had been using to get from one side of the forest to the other and in early March I believe I got what I came for plus a little bit more, as the pictures were taken at night they are in black and white, I have sent them off to some local researchers that then enlarge the pics take certain measurements on the animal and superimpose things on for reference, I had an email back saying that they believe it is what I think it is, now here's a clue, in May there is some form of mountain lion/puma/cougar convention in Montana I believe and the film is going over there for there views and opinions, what I would really like to get is a daytime picture of the animal on a kill or close enough to the camera that there can be know argument, as to what it is and what species it is, I am not really being that secretive I just need to finish what I,m doing before I show a case that can't be argued, if socks is ever in my neck of the woods he's welcome to have a peak and let me know his thoughts, that's the only reason I show it to anyone is because I can't believe it myself and needed some confirmation, there are enough people here good country people that say they or someone they know has seen one to put it beyond doubt really, it's just wether you want to believe it or not, i,ll leave it there for now but thanks everyone can't believe we got more replys than the snap election for a while cheers

Thanks for the replies. I can understand it can be frustrating trying to get others to believe like you obviously do. But I'm afraid this post you have put here makes me think even less that they are out there.

Cheers.

just reading wiki,,,,and they are either black leopards or black jaguar ,,,,reading on it appears there are good populations of black leopards in some regions of the world...it also says there are no black puma,,,none have ever been recorded

wich begs a few questions,,,,asuming the black cats that are being reported are leopards,,,cos there the most common between jaguar and leopard,,,,wouldnt most of there kills be up trees??

or is the tree stashing ,,just african savana leopards that do it ,,protecting food from other big cats...genuin question??,,,a bit more reading i think

just reading wiki,,,,and they are either black leopards or black jaguar ,,,,reading on it appears there are good populations of black leopards in some regions of the world...it also says there are no black puma,,,none have ever been recorded

wich begs a few questions,,,,asuming the black cats that are being reported are leopards,,,cos there the most common between jaguar and leopard,,,,wouldnt most of there kills be up trees??

or is the tree stashing ,,just african savana leopards that do it ,,protecting food from other big cats...genuin question??,,,a bit more reading i think

The thing we seen in Mexico was a black leopard as you could see its spots and it had the usual colour underneath if you stared hard enough just the full thing had a heavy black tint making it look jet black from a distance. If you seen one of these roaming or caught a semi decent picture you would be in no doubt. The thing is a fair size and I can't see how you would mistake it with any other animal. That's what makes me doubt there is any in the UK the amount of it could be it couldn't be.

I'm assuming you saw the cat in the zoo because if you saw it in the wild in Mexico it would have certainly been a Jaguar.

• Like 1

Most definitely, Leopards all over the world like to eat their prey in trees or nearby trees. They do it in Africa and India so they would do it over here, I know exactly what Greyman will say to that but they would certainly be tree'd by humans out walking with their dogs.

wow I,ve done a load to the scrap yard and a rubbish clearance this morning and it's still going, most of the black cats are melonistic leopards and yes a few deer up in the fork of a tree are found each year as are some killed and then buried which seems more of a puma trate, one of the best reports was from exmoor of a half eaten red deer up a tree, now that takes some shifting, wildlife parks often seem to get targeted as well have had a few reports of animals being killed and eaten inside there enclosure including a fully grown ostrich and a few have reported finding pug marks in the plant beds around the outside of the cat cages, summer time is now the worse time for sightings but September seems a really hot month especially for big kills, I think possibly they eat more smaller stuff in the summer with the abundance of baby animals in the woods, it's a puzzle I have to put together as I go because they don't exist so there are few books and no information, anyone else fancy a go the book I showed earlier has been a great help but there are still a lot of grey areas because the cats are in an alien environment to so they don't react excactly the same as on home turf anyway off out again for another rubbish job

wow I,ve done a load to the scrap yard and a rubbish clearance this morning and it's still going, most of the black cats are melonistic leopards and yes a few deer up in the fork of a tree are found each year as are some killed and then buried which seems more of a puma trate, one of the best reports was from exmoor of a half eaten red deer up a tree, now that takes some shifting, wildlife parks often seem to get targeted as well have had a few reports of animals being killed and eaten inside there enclosure including a fully grown ostrich and a few have reported finding pug marks in the plant beds around the outside of the cat cages, summer time is now the worse time for sightings but September seems a really hot month especially for big kills, I think possibly they eat more smaller stuff in the summer with the abundance of baby animals in the woods, it's a puzzle I have to put together as I go because they don't exist so there are few books and no information, anyone else fancy a go the book I showed earlier has been a great help but there are still a lot of grey areas because the cats are in an alien environment to so they don't react excactly the same as on home turf anyway off out again for another rubbish job

dont know why your supprised its still going,,,its an intresting subject.. :thumbs:

• Like 2