Bull In Every Thing Now

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thats why i had to travel 3 hours to find what i wanted, personally i would not have one given.

Mid 80's most halfx's being bred were like peas in a pod. Most dog's averaged out at around 24 or 25 inch mark (with a few exceptions being taller) and a hell of a lot of bitches lucky to reach 22 or

If there is plenty of bull in the breeding you should get plenty of wind. The pitbull type is capable of incredible fitness and the Greyhound is capable of a massive explosion of energy and speed. If

Posted Images

If you have greyhound in your lurcher (which most have) then you have bull breeds in your dog, maybe a long time ago, but bulldog was used, just like Staffordshire Bull terrier was used in whippets.

Bull lurchers are the latest must haves, but if people are getting them for the right reasons all good.

In the 70 es early 80'es it was the same with saluki crosses,some would say there shit and some would say the opposite, and look now how much they have improved the lurchers of today on some game.

Like the saluki x it's not for everyone but that doesn't mean there not perfect for some.

Happy Hunting

yeh but pit x lurchers were being bred back then in the early 70s, there not a new x ,? that's what I find strange with some of the posts regards bullxs. ive seen as you whippets with bit of bull in them going back in mid 60s when I was kid . we all know that colliexs and beddyxs were prob you 1st near enough type lurchers when these dogs started out anything with bit of speed+brain, but we come along way now with well bred lurchers, with good line coursing stuff out there , and we did have some great pit x lurchers at one time, but there not as good to day as when when the 1st come out , as most people know who had these type back then. I like most lurchers what ever the x, lurcher to lurcher bred with drop of bull I reckon could tick all the boxes no prob for most people.

• Like 3

As bird said bull has been in lurchers and whippets for donkeys years, the brindle in greyhounds is reputed to originate in the bull or mastiff type hounds from centuries ago. One thing i will say is i dont go a bundle on a lot of bull type crosses, purely from the image that a lot of bullx owners portray loads of half wit owners round my neck of the woods. Think the internet has had an influence on the type of dogs owned nowadays aswell. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Thats why i had to travel 3 hours to find what i wanted, personally i would not have one given.

The lurcher i have now if i wrote down whats in her there is no way on earth i'd touch it with a barge pole but knowing the parents and knowing what they did i went for one and couldn't be happier with her :D ,her sire. Belgium mali x gh x saluki x gh,her dam was 3/4 gh.1/4 bull and like i say couldn't have bought a better dog as she was gifted to me :victory: ..I personaly don't like a lot of bull but never exclude any handy dog or what a handy dog can produce on what blood run through it's veins,they can supprise you mate :thumbs: ...

• Like 4

Id never have anything without it now. A little bit of bull will 9 times out of 10 put some fire in the belly of a shit bred lurcher. Im sure if there more really game beddy, collie, deerhound crosses etc that were as game as the bull crosses then the bull crosses wouldnt be everywhere. That isnt to knock the other crosses its just the ones bred from shit cos id happily have a well bred beddy cross over a bull x anyday if i knew it was off the right stuff.

This will probably wind a few up ; but most of what i see around here with bulls, is a liability on one end of the lead and a idiot on the other, i am not saying they are all like that and i have seen some decent ones graft, but i seen beddy x greyhound do the same job,

• Like 5

mine has a bit of bull in him and a bit of wheaton I didn't get him for that reason just wanted a pup from a couple of working lurchers.

I think he has the potential to be a very good day time dog as he seems to have a nose like a hound and holds a line a treat and he his not lacking drive and brains

It's as simple as take it or leave it i also was never interested in a bullx until I went out an seen a good few good one I've been out with 3/8 5/8 bullxs that fetch bunny's back live to hand like the colliex. An it all about the individual an won't you want the dog for

This will probably wind a few up ; but most of what i see around here with bulls, is a liability on one end of the lead and a idiot on the other, i am not saying they are all like that and i have seen some decent ones graft, but i seen beddy x greyhound do the same job,

thats the problem with the bull x wannabe macho men and chavs owning them has a stauts symbol the best thing that could happen to the bull x is it falls out of fashion quick and let the lads that do work them hard breed and keep everything between themselves and myer i have seen plenty of bull xs do what a beddy grey never could no offence matey and also seen many bullxs even half bulls retrieve back to hand live has good has any lurcher infact seen more beddy xs has rib breakers than bull xs

For once the man in the pub is bang on the money.

Remember, a little bull can go a long way.

Dunno if its just me but i do think bull bloods are starting to 'blend' in a tiny bit more to the lurcher scene and that for me is a good thing. I just wish more people would see them as just what they are... Lurchers!

The way things are on here sometimes, it almost feels like the name Lurcher is being fazed out, as more folk only refer to their dogs by the crosses that make it up.