Bull In Every Thing Now

i seen last week a racy bitch half cross bred down from some stuff he said was farmer boy stuff from ireland ? but i wouldnt know them from adam but she did everything asked and on edible also a very good bitch also good in back of the van quiet and well behaved maybe put over a decent day runner you would have some decent pups that may dismiss the fact anything with bull in it is a dog aggressive lunatic and the rest of the shite thats spoke about them

Somewhere on here might be able to back me up on this. Anyway there was a dicumentary in the past few years about pitbulls in the uk and they travelled to ireland to see these farmer boy pitbulls and there the top line of fighting dogs in ireland not a line of lurcher like you have the pie and reece lines.

i never said it was a line of lurchers the clue might be a half cross bull grey maybe its the bull being bred down from farmer boy stuff
i wasnt trying to proove you wrong or anything just stating something id seen.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thats why i had to travel 3 hours to find what i wanted, personally i would not have one given.

Mid 80's most halfx's being bred were like peas in a pod. Most dog's averaged out at around 24 or 25 inch mark (with a few exceptions being taller) and a hell of a lot of bitches lucky to reach 22 or

If there is plenty of bull in the breeding you should get plenty of wind. The pitbull type is capable of incredible fitness and the Greyhound is capable of a massive explosion of energy and speed. If

Posted Images

Used to go to few 'bull breed' shows in the late 80s early 90s before American bulldogs and cross breeds where about ,there was a few real ones there but also mix of agility/weight pull dogs

Amazing there wasn't many red nose,or old familyred or what ever then but since the ban there's 100s go figure

• Like 1

Spindolero, the early dogs yhat came across the pond were a damn sight different than the junk that masqerades as 'pitbull's on the streets today.

They were bigger, rangier, more athletic dogs, especially the Reid stuff. The old Wigan club's shows had bull classes then and they were far more popular than the Lurchers & Terriers. You'd see 60 to 100 real deals there, held tight by blokes with break sticks in their back pockets. Them dogs would stand quieter than the Terriers and you'd see the disdane of the owners if a back yard cur kicked em all off, as them dogs knew how to roll..!

Smaller bull terriers occasionally turned up and you really could tell the difference.

Wigan was game dog wild at that time and its from such dogs that the line i've kept came from. A line that produced size and athleticism as well as guts. ;)

interesting post Bosun - so do you reckon these were the types used to get the giant lines bullx we see today?? or would you say there's something else in the mix. ?

you used the word athletic and thats not a word i would apply to some of the bull lurchers i see.

Spindolero, the early dogs yhat came across the pond were a damn sight different than the junk that masqerades as 'pitbull's on the streets today.

They were bigger, rangier, more athletic dogs, especially the Reid stuff. The old Wigan club's shows had bull classes then and they were far more popular than the Lurchers & Terriers. You'd see 60 to 100 real deals there, held tight by blokes with break sticks in their back pockets. Them dogs would stand quieter than the Terriers and you'd see the disdane of the owners if a back yard cur kicked em all off, as them dogs knew how to roll..!

Smaller bull terriers occasionally turned up and you really could tell the difference.

Wigan was game dog wild at that time and its from such dogs that the line i've kept came from. A line that produced size and athleticism as well as guts. ;)

interesting post Bosun - so do you reckon these were the types used to get the giant lines bullx we see today?? or would you say there's something else in the mix. ?

you used the word athletic and thats not a word i would apply to some of the bull lurchers i see.

Suppose it depends on what you see as giant mate. The line i've used threw an average hight half bred at 26", with a couple a inch or so bigger. Those dogs all had substance. A bloke from this city put one to a pure Deerhound and produced a biggun at 31" BUT apart from hight you would never see the DH in it... Thats the stuff I know...

Seen some other good stuff over the years, bred from good working gear but it all lacked size.

Until i came on this site i knew nothing of other 'name' lines but one thing i notice is most seem to come from those early lines and also make a decent size...

To be fair 90% of the early stuff was just as s##t as what's about today especially a lot of the stuff that Reid was peddling to anyone who had cash in their pocket.The real good stuff was kept within small groups of fanciers just the same as it is today and was no different in size or build as what the proper stuff is today.
  • Like 1

Shite on the street is just that DS but i'd bet their was far less of it in the early 80's. I'd bet Reid did peddle it for a price but in a land of Bull Terriers the APBT stuck out like a sore thumb.

Maybe in gd circles size is the same now as then, its sommat i dont know anything about these days but the gear i seen come over from Ireland after was much smaller.

To be fair 90% of the early stuff was just as s##t as what's about today especially a lot of the stuff that Reid was peddling to anyone who had cash in their pocket.The real good stuff was kept within small groups of fanciers just the same as it is today and was no different in size or build as what the proper stuff is today.

Put it this way Reid bred some of the best Bulldogs this country has seen and that is a fact.

The reason bull crosses are bigger is

its the size of some of the modern bullx that has me scratching my head. What would a typical match bull be? 45lb? you breed that to a 75lb greyhound and you'd end up with handy sized types. But these 29 inch 120b monsters. i wonder how they've got to that size and also is the size used to maybe cover up inadequacies in them, basically creating something that can bully the game. I would much rather see a 26 inch 70lb dog do its job well that one of these carhorses.

Be interesting to hear the older members memories of the first pit crosses they saw in the 70s and 80s. size, build, abilities.....

well if if you breed a 80 or 90lb or even 100lb coursing greyhound to a 50 or 60 lb bull and keep keeping the biggest you could end up with all the height and length of a greyhound and build and muscle of a bull something I would want but there's the reason behind it,my britches sister was 29 inch and racy out of a 1/2 cross and a 1/4 bred bitch so there's lots of permutations when breeding different types of dogs

when you put it like that i suppose it could happen,

it'd be nice to think that somewhere out there are lines of bull x that are athletic, not too big , say 75lbs and still able to turn their hand to any job with ease. :hmm::hmm:

• Like 1

The reason bull crosses are bigger is

its the size of some of the modern bullx that has me scratching my head. What would a typical match bull be? 45lb? you breed that to a 75lb greyhound and you'd end up with handy sized types. But these 29 inch 120b monsters. i wonder how they've got to that size and also is the size used to maybe cover up inadequacies in them, basically creating something that can bully the game. I would much rather see a 26 inch 70lb dog do its job well that one of these carhorses.

Be interesting to hear the older members memories of the first pit crosses they saw in the 70s and 80s. size, build, abilities.....

well if if you breed a 80 or 90lb or even 100lb coursing greyhound to a 50 or 60 lb bull and keep keeping the biggest you could end up with all the height and length of a greyhound and build and muscle of a bull something I would want but there's the reason behind it,my britches sister was 29 inch and racy out of a 1/2 cross and a 1/4 bred bitch so there's lots of permutations when breeding different types of dogs

when you put it like that i suppose it could happen,

it'd be nice to think that somewhere out there are lines of bull x that are athletic, not too big , say 75lbs and still able to turn their hand to any job with ease. :hmm::hmm:

Agreed 65 75 pound 25 -27 plenty for me,

but I have seen some huge bull crosses that are fit for a purpose, not necessarily a rabbit dog ,

But dogs for jobs and all that..........but I think it not so much the size or looks of a bull cross that should interest anyone but the heart ,a 40lb whippet cross will give you that in buckets,if its in there....(in my previous post I writ something I would want meant wouldnt)

Put it this way Reid bred some of the best Bulldogs this country has seen and that is a fact.

When you think of the amount he was pumping out there was bound to be a couple of good ones.
  • Like 2