Bull In Every Thing Now

This will probably wind a few up ; but most of what i see around here with bulls, is a liability on one end of the lead and a idiot on the other, i am not saying they are all like that and i have seen some decent ones graft, but i seen beddy x greyhound do the same job,

If you've seen a Beddy X do the same graft as a Bull X then your graft is different to mine...

my beddy x could graft did the same as my palls bull x and that was a handy one

Like I said then, your graft must be different to mine and over people I know then if that's the case.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thats why i had to travel 3 hours to find what i wanted, personally i would not have one given.

Mid 80's most halfx's being bred were like peas in a pod. Most dog's averaged out at around 24 or 25 inch mark (with a few exceptions being taller) and a hell of a lot of bitches lucky to reach 22 or

If there is plenty of bull in the breeding you should get plenty of wind. The pitbull type is capable of incredible fitness and the Greyhound is capable of a massive explosion of energy and speed. If

Posted Images

This will probably wind a few up ; but most of what i see around here with bulls, is a liability on one end of the lead and a idiot on the other, i am not saying they are all like that and i have seen some decent ones graft, but i seen beddy x greyhound do the same job,

If you've seen a Beddy X do the same graft as a Bull X then your graft is different to mine...
my beddy x could graft did the same as my palls bull x and that was a handy one
gaffer behave yourself
:laugh:
gaffer,serious question,and no offence meant,why put it to a bull cross then ,if I had a dog doing all that a bull cross could do but was quick as you say he was

why the need to add bull blood?

it wasn't to ad bull Roy simply 2 good dogs mating and the only bitch I had if I had a good dhx bitch it would have been that but the bull was the only bitch I had simple as that really

its the size of some of the modern bullx that has me scratching my head. What would a typical match bull be? 45lb? you breed that to a 75lb greyhound and you'd end up with handy sized types. But these 29 inch 120b monsters. i wonder how they've got to that size and also is the size used to maybe cover up inadequacies in them, basically creating something that can bully the game. I would much rather see a 26 inch 70lb dog do its job well that one of these carhorses.

Be interesting to hear the older members memories of the first pit crosses they saw in the 70s and 80s. size, build, abilities.....

• Like 1

People say it's bull .... there's no real bulls about now only in the tight little circles all shite that gets bred

to true! 45lb would hell of a big dog in today's bulls, a firstx mating from a gen bulldog would make from 23/25" and prob between 45/60lb if your lucky! Bulls from 25/30 years ago would of made them 1" or so bigger Edited by Tallywacker
  • Like 1

What my question would be is not "why does everything now days seem to have bull in it" but why does everyone make so much of a fuss of what other people are crossing their dogs.

As long as you have what you want in your kennel then what does it matter what anyone else has in their dog, folk could have giraffe in their dog for all I care. And if your concerned about the original lurcher becoming extinct then start breeding your own line.

Everyone has their reasons for why they put a certain breed in their dog, let them get on with it, and until they are forcing you a gun point to put bull in your dog then don't worry be happy ?

My old man had proper bull and bull X's in 70 n 80 the pics of the dogs are totally different to nowadays the proper bulls of back then are more athletic than most bull x now!! They would have and did catch foxes .

Edited by flynndog
  • Like 1

Don't like bull crosses, never owned or needed a dog with any bull in it........

I now own a young dog with a 1/4 bull in it.... Seems just fine to me ,just pulls a bit harder on the lead and I happen to know the parants are what I wanted in my newest dog. I'll reserve my first hand judgment till this time next year.

Matt

• Like 3

i seen last week a racy bitch half cross bred down from some stuff he said was farmer boy stuff from ireland ? but i wouldnt know them from adam but she did everything asked and on edible also a very good bitch also good in back of the van quiet and well behaved maybe put over a decent day runner you would have some decent pups that may dismiss the fact anything with bull in it is a dog aggressive lunatic and the rest of the shite thats spoke about them

Somewhere on here might be able to back me up on this. Anyway there was a dicumentary in the past few years about pitbulls in the uk and they travelled to ireland to see these farmer boy pitbulls and there the top line of fighting dogs in ireland not a line of lurcher like you have the pie and reece lines.

The reason bull crosses are bigger is

its the size of some of the modern bullx that has me scratching my head. What would a typical match bull be? 45lb? you breed that to a 75lb greyhound and you'd end up with handy sized types. But these 29 inch 120b monsters. i wonder how they've got to that size and also is the size used to maybe cover up inadequacies in them, basically creating something that can bully the game. I would much rather see a 26 inch 70lb dog do its job well that one of these carhorses.

Be interesting to hear the older members memories of the first pit crosses they saw in the 70s and 80s. size, build, abilities.....

well if if you breed a 80 or 90lb or even 100lb coursing greyhound to a 50 or 60 lb bull and keep keeping the biggest you could end up with all the height and length of a greyhound and build and muscle of a bull something I would want but there's the reason behind it,my britches sister was 29 inch and racy out of a 1/2 cross and a 1/4 bred bitch so there's lots of permutations when breeding different types of dogs

i seen last week a racy bitch half cross bred down from some stuff he said was farmer boy stuff from ireland ? but i wouldnt know them from adam but she did everything asked and on edible also a very good bitch also good in back of the van quiet and well behaved maybe put over a decent day runner you would have some decent pups that may dismiss the fact anything with bull in it is a dog aggressive lunatic and the rest of the shite thats spoke about them

Somewhere on here might be able to back me up on this. Anyway there was a dicumentary in the past few years about pitbulls in the uk and they travelled to ireland to see these farmer boy pitbulls and there the top line of fighting dogs in ireland not a line of lurcher like you have the pie and reece lines.

i never said it was a line of lurchers the clue might be a half cross bull grey maybe its the bull being bred down from farmer boy stuff

Spindolero, the early dogs yhat came across the pond were a damn sight different than the junk that masqerades as 'pitbull's on the streets today.

They were bigger, rangier, more athletic dogs, especially the Reid stuff. The old Wigan club's shows had bull classes then and they were far more popular than the Lurchers & Terriers. You'd see 60 to 100 real deals there, held tight by blokes with break sticks in their back pockets. Them dogs would stand quieter than the Terriers and you'd see the disdane of the owners if a back yard cur kicked em all off, as them dogs knew how to roll..!

Smaller bull terriers occasionally turned up and you really could tell the difference.

Wigan was game dog wild at that time and its from such dogs that the line i've kept came from. A line that produced size and athleticism as well as guts. ;)