Another Nail...

50 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

you can hunt anything so long as you have written permission mate, infairness,everytime we have knocked doors looking for rabbiting etc,if you have the birds with you ,most give you permission ?..you can also lamp with the birds...good craic?1740652906_BlackheartsDogs140.jpg.e1802dcbfca4d18edeaf30f9bb51f5de.jpg20150418_145628.jpg.59ffc5e7dabf1a1b6940fffc38520f91.jpg1865580905_BlackheartsDogs011.jpg.fc3fcca930a5a8b7ca70817145f1dde6.jpg

Fairplay dan,sounds great craic,i havent a clue about training or rearing birds, be a good topic to start?

• Like 1

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

nothing better then out in the country walking with the dogs when things are on your mind helped me threw some bad times ?

Must admit i read posts like Francies posts above and others and while i wholeheartedly agree with the content it amazes me that so few people are actually willing to stand up and address why this is

Lol... Fella no one's giving up. Just it's 2023 I've been defending terrier work at the top in Ireland for over 10 years... I still hunt at least twice a week... But what is happening is a major

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

you can hunt anything so long as you have written permission mate, infairness,everytime we have knocked doors looking for rabbiting etc,if you have the birds with you ,most give you permission ?..you can also lamp with the birds...good craic?1740652906_BlackheartsDogs140.jpg.e1802dcbfca4d18edeaf30f9bb51f5de.jpg20150418_145628.jpg.59ffc5e7dabf1a1b6940fffc38520f91.jpg1865580905_BlackheartsDogs011.jpg.fc3fcca930a5a8b7ca70817145f1dde6.jpg

Great pics ,are they your birds DC 

5 hours ago, Francie, said:

Goodman,cant understand why thats still legal but dog work aint?

4 hours ago, paulus said:

Plenty of lamping to be had with a female Harris hawk on rabbit, know plenty who have done it for years. Some of the best trained pointers and spaniels i have seen are/were owned by lads who fly BOP. 

4 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

4 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

we have lamped with male/female Harris hawks,red tails, European Eagle owls over the yrs...my uncle and his pals are flat out with alsorts,Harris,gyr,lanner,goshawks and a few Goldie's,they fly everything from a rabbit,fox,roe ?

3 hours ago, paulus said:

Over the years i have flown ,kestrels Sparrow hawks, Goshawks. Harris hawks, red tails, peregrines, peresakers, Various owls and been out with a Golden Eagle, Best thing i ever witnessed was a pair of merlins flown at skylarks. absolutely breath-taking to watch. But to do it properly takes an awful lot of commitment and dedication, More so with the accipiter's, I have said this before i always found i either had, The time and not the money or, The money and not the time 

3 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Your right there,about the commitment ?

3 hours ago, Francie, said:

Fairplay dan,sounds great craic,i havent a clue about training or rearing birds, be a good topic to start?

See, now this is what I struggle to understand, too, not just you, francie!!

It's perfectly OK for a falconer to fly a bird of prey on a brown hare, and it's OK.  But it's totally against the law for someone that runs a dog at a hare, which it's going to kill it in a quarter of the time, roughly, as a bird of prey!!

Why/what is that all about?!!

Nothing against bop people, by the way.

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1

The laws are made by people who simply don't understand. That silly cow that that seemed to play the main part. If you asked her whats a marking dog she wouldn't have a clue. Whats a squatter. Whos Brian Plummer. Sorry couldn't resist. Infact lurchers and ferrets hardly came on there radar. Just caught in the cross fire 

1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

I seem to remember this back when the hunting act came in here in England.

Something about Crown Estates, where the monarch has to give permission for any law to be put on the statute and for it to also affect royal properties.

Cheers.

Your right  charts was beating today and ones of the guys from sacs and he said its not Been signed yet by the Crown yet wait and see what happens 

1 minute ago, nothernlite said:

Your right  charts was beating today and ones of the guys from sacs and he said its not Been signed yet by the Crown yet wait and see what happens 

We’re you beating down this way, mate ?

Im ferreting on my brothers permission tomorrow, no dogs allowed though, so just to get a few for the freezer.

Cheers.

29 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

We’re you beating down this way, mate ?

Im ferreting on my brothers permission tomorrow, no dogs allowed though, so just to get a few for the freezer.

Cheers.

No was up here charts hope u have a good day tomorrow 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, shaaark said:

See, now this is what I struggle to understand, too, not just you, francie!!

It's perfectly OK for a falconer to fly a bird of prey on a brown hare, and it's OK.  But it's totally against the law for someone that runs a dog at a hare, which it's going to kill it in a quarter of the time, roughly, as a bird of prey!!

Why/what is that all about?!!

Nothing against bop people, by the way.

I remember hearing something about falconry being the sport of kings, and this supposedly went some way to protecting it from being banned

2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

going back in time dc

The bill includes controversial rules that the police must get permission from the king if they want to investigate reports of illegal hunting on Balmoral estate, the monarch’s private estate in the Highlands.

16 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

The bill includes controversial rules that the police must get permission from the king if they want to investigate reports of illegal hunting on Balmoral estate, the monarch’s private estate in the Highlands.

So the royals and there friends can still hunt..

But the peasants ain't allowed..

2 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Great pics ,are they your birds DC 

no mate,belong to mates or my uncle,My dad kept them when I was growing up along with terriers and lurchers, I had a kestrel and little owl,but terriers were always my thing,I get out a few times a season ferreting with the birds ,it's a good craic?

6 minutes ago, king said:

So the royals and there friends can still hunt..

But the peasants ain't allowed..

I don't think Charlie and his friends will be out hunting at Balmoral. Think one of the farmers gun packs visited the estate but this bill will finish them as they obviously don't just visit Balmoral.

.....so no I don't think they will 

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Like 2