Another Nail...

8 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

I don't think Charlie and his friends will be out hunting at Balmoral. Think one of the farmers gun packs visited the estate but this bill will finish them as they obviously don't just visit Balmoral.

.....so no I don't think they will 

As they say..times are changing mate..

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

nothing better then out in the country walking with the dogs when things are on your mind helped me threw some bad times ?

Must admit i read posts like Francies posts above and others and while i wholeheartedly agree with the content it amazes me that so few people are actually willing to stand up and address why this is

Lol... Fella no one's giving up. Just it's 2023 I've been defending terrier work at the top in Ireland for over 10 years... I still hunt at least twice a week... But what is happening is a major

Posted Images

2 hours ago, shaaark said:

See, now this is what I struggle to understand, too, not just you, francie!!

It's perfectly OK for a falconer to fly a bird of prey on a brown hare, and it's OK.  But it's totally against the law for someone that runs a dog at a hare, which it's going to kill it in a quarter of the time, roughly, as a bird of prey!!

Why/what is that all about?!!

Nothing against bop people, by the way.

I havent a clue shark,but its not fair if its true

14 minutes ago, king said:

So numerous kennels full of hounds in scotland and the what does the future hold for them packs..

Destroy the hounds ??

So far the packs that have given up have gone to other kennels.....but as more fold that's unsustainable.....so yes , I think that's coming. 

Recently heard of a hunt terrier man who took his own life, not sure if the current situation had any bearing on that....I know the situation with hunting hasn't helped my mental health. When the one escape and interest that made you happy now only makes you sad to see the state it's in, well that's a really big shock to the system. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
1 minute ago, DIDO.1 said:

So far the packs that have given up have gone to other kennels.....but as more fold that's unsustainable.....so yes , I think that's coming. 

Recently heard of a hunt terrier man who took his own life, not sure if the current situation had any bearing on that....I know the situation with hunting hasn't helped my mental health. When the one escape and interest that made you happy now only makes you sad to see the state it's in, well that's a really big shock to the system. 

nothing better then out in the country walking with the dogs when things are on your mind helped me threw some bad times ?

• Like 12
17 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

And that's the largest effect this ban has mate..

It's a hell of a lot more than the paper it's written on its effecting peoples whole lives and livings..

You got any other hunting plans for the future Dido.. 

9 hours ago, paulus said:

Over the years i have flown ,kestrels Sparrow hawks, Goshawks. Harris hawks, red tails, peregrines, peresakers, Various owls and been out with a Golden Eagle, Best thing i ever witnessed was a pair of merlins flown at skylarks. absolutely breath-taking to watch. But to do it properly takes an awful lot of commitment and dedication, More so with the accipiter's, I have said this before i always found i either had, The time and not the money or, The money and not the time 

Been lark hawking myself down south on an air base, as you say breath taking watching the skylarks and Merlins ringing up and then the stoop. Was awsome 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, king said:

And that's the largest effect this ban has mate..

It's a hell of a lot more than the paper it's written on its effecting peoples whole lives and livings..

You got any other hunting plans for the future Dido.. 

No , not at this moment in time. 

Taking all my guns to the gun shop tomorrow, except for my dad's and the boys .410. I've got ferret finder and loads of nets to go here as well. Can't see sustainable numbers of rabbits coming back nor my boys looking after ferrets. 

Mite try and concentrate on canal fishing, it's where I spent most of my time as a lad so think it will help with relaxation. Perhaps the boy will tag along as well. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

Taking all my guns to the gun shop tomorrow, except for my dad's and the boys .410. I've got ferret finder and loads of nets to go here as well. Can't see sustainable numbers of rabbits coming back nor my boys looking after ferrets. 

Mite try and concentrate on canal fishing, it's where I spent most of my time as a lad so think it will help with relaxation. Perhaps the boy will tag along as well. 

I was in the gun room at our local shooting suppliers before Xmas, the guy said he’s not taking anymore guns in part ex or buy, he told me loads of people are handing guns in and he’s overstocked with them.

50 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

I was in the gun room at our local shooting suppliers before Xmas, the guy said he’s not taking anymore guns in part ex or buy, he told me loads of people are handing guns in and he’s overstocked with them.

I know, I don't expect to get anything for em

3 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Well at least you will still be outside mate..the rabbit numbers near me are down the last 20yrs some places they are almost extinct.

.still a few about though..

9 hours ago, king said:

So the royals and there friends can still hunt..

But the peasants ain't allowed..

The royals and their friends haven't banned anything, in actual fact the peasants (your words) have.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

no mate,belong to mates or my uncle,My dad kept them when I was growing up along with terriers and lurchers, I had a kestrel and little owl,but terriers were always my thing,I get out a few times a season ferreting with the birds ,it's a good craic?

When I was about 13/14  "80s" my mates dad had hawks ,we'd go out with him at weekends and he had a kestrel and a peregrine and few different owls ,he moved away to start his own falconry center 

• Like 1
On 25/01/2023 at 09:31, Francie, said:

Always next time keith.

Lads this is f****d up bigtime,genuinely saddened for yous,its a total disgrace.

Can anyone post the list of mps who took part an voted either way?

I cant take this shit any longer,were being treated like scum for hunting an its not acceptable,i havent smoked the green in 9 days,im going to blow a gasket......

Ordinary joe bloggs does not give a shit about hunting and if in all it's forms are banned i honestly think its dyeing out on its own nobody in the company i work with are interested in any form of hunting or fishing for that matter where as when i worked at the pit 40 years ago their was a large majority that were into whippet racing pigeon racing fishing rabbiting coursing shooting digging following beagles you name it when you reach a certain age it's a gutter to see how things and society has changed.

• Like 7