powerhouse x

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spent a couple of years on a cattle station in central Queensland in me early 20s . Just went over backpacking originally, but after drinking all me cash in the first month ended up with a job on this

It's not about money it's about power

I don't think that's true, a dog that has caught plenty of pigs will have the scars to show for its efforts ,even if its just a bailer. One out a big boar can make short work of a dog in fact I lost(k

Posted Images

Hes now crossed one with a great big Staff/pitbull looking thing and is selling them as bandogs Permanently on fb trying to sell something as a dog health product.Surprised hes still about after claiming he was dieing of MS over 20years ago.

• Like 2

WAS WATCHING HIM SUMMERTIME FERRETING,ON ADE IN BRITAIN SERIES, NEVER CAUGHT A RABBIT, BUT ENTERTAINMENT VALUE, WAS SPOT ON, NOT,HE USED TO PUT ARTICLES IN EDRD, USED TO HAVE A PURE SALUKI STUD CALLED BRIGHORN, AND RAN ABITCH CALLED KEIRA, IF MEMORY SERVES ME RIGHT, DIDNT HE GO OVER TO WHIPPETS AND USED TO DO WRITE UPS IN CMW, THOUGHT HE JACKED IT ALL IN ON HEALTH GROUNDS YEARS AGO, BUT PROVEN WRONG.

Story out of late ,his wife was feeding the Alaunts,she fell over,hit the deck a dog/dogs attacked her and did serious damage???he was laid up unwell.....hope it's not true....

14 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

Story out of late ,his wife was feeding the Alaunts,she fell over,hit the deck a dog/dogs attacked her and did serious damage???he was laid up unwell.....hope it's not true....

He was on fb refuting the claims.

2 minutes ago, Kalibrgun said:

Irish setter best rabbit catcher he ever had ?ffs the man's a lemon you can try and try but will never recreate a breed 

Exactly.How can you recreate something unless you have what was used to create them originally.Its like me saying "Im gunna cross a chicken with an ostrich and a Guinea fowl and recreate the dodo.Ive questioned him and a couple of othe Alaunt breeders and seen some of their pedigrees and they dont even know the exact breeding of some of the stuff behind their own dogs.

• Like 1

Nobody on god's earth knows the exact origins of the Alaunt so how can he recreate the breed.

Still, they look decent animals but what's really the point of them?

I suppose they are more functional than a lot of pure breeds these days but again they are just big shitting machines, like most dogs really.

14 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Nobody on god's earth knows the exact origins of the Alaunt so how can he recreate the breed.

Still, they look decent animals but what's really the point of them?

I suppose they are more functional than a lot of pure breeds these days but again they are just big shitting machines, like most dogs really.

He reckons they can catch all quarry. Apparently as good as any bull cross.Now Im a fan of a good bull cross but realistically 90%of the strong ones you see couldnt catch a fox in a phone box.Im also a big fan of working mastiffs but cant for the life of me see what they'd bring to a hunting dog.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, downsouth said:

He reckons they can catch all quarry. Apparently as good as any bull cross.Now Im a fan of a good bull cross but realistically 90%of the strong ones you see couldnt catch a fox in a phone box.Im also a big fan of working mastiffs but cant for the life of me see what they'd bring to a hunting dog.

Tbf they could catch gear if thrown out of a motor and that's about it, I've seen AB crosses do it so they would.

As for teeth and in particular foxes, they would tow wouldn't they. ?