Wild Camping, Hiking, Back pack, Tent talk, Mini camper etc.......

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I spent a few days living out of my kayak along a secluded river.    

Iv'e just bought a old horsebox lorry to convert into a camper/living truck as such,a 1985 Bedford TL and a good chance it's the newest lorry i have ever bought ,mind you full service history and only

Not exactly wild camping but camping at our feild , wanted to take kids away n every thing elce fully booked or very busy so thort balls we will just go to feild    Kids loved it 2 of me mates co

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

I'm checking em out again!!.. ?

I have a couple of them the big one takes all my fishing gear and the small one I use as a day bag, I also have the yoke so you can remove the large side pockets and carry them separate, used and abused for years but still going strong ?

• Like 2
On 21/01/2023 at 22:24, Bush Rummager said:

@zandy01 .. sorry to bother you again mate!! These Osprey packs.. I'm reading a lot of them develop a squeek when you're out slogging your nuts off up a massive fell!! 

I'm already mad.. buy a squeak every stride would drive me insane like Foxdropper on here. Do I just buy an Osprey.. or look elsewher?

... ?

only you can really answer that one buddy…

I have 3 different Osprey packs which I’ve had from 18 months to over 4 year and none of them squeak and to be fair, I’ll be buying an Osprey Exos for my summer camps this year as looking to lighten the load/pack weight etc…

Whatever you choose to do, make sure you try before you buy for size and comfort.. 

Keep us updated as to how you get on ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, zandy01 said:

only you can really answer that one buddy…

I have 3 different Osprey packs which I’ve had from 18 months to over 4 year and none of them squeak and to be fair, I’ll be buying an Osprey Exos for my summer camps this year as looking to lighten the load/pack weight etc…

Whatever you choose to do, make sure you try before you buy for size and comfort.. 

Keep us updated as to how you get on ?

Cheers for that mate.. I'm getting bad for over thinking things these days!! 

Inflated the UL80 that you recommend over the weekend.. kept it's pressure nicely for a few days.. so all good there. I asked my Mrs if she fancied a 'grown up coudle' on it to give the matt a proper test out.. but predictably... she was having none of it!!  lol... 

20230115_185527.jpg.a86ff05afe8db16dd5c7ecc4ab41c491.jpg20230115_185723.jpg.dca6d78451717824f8688196ce26bd35.jpg20230115_185501.jpg.15959e93671f267d5a1d2d5bc4ceddb6.jpg20230115_185442.jpg.f63c12766a036dd11ec410902de5690a.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Great stuff BR, looks like you’re starting to get kit together… That pillow looks identical to the Seatosummit Aeros ?

Keep in mind that if you inflate mat/pillow in warmer air, when the temp drops at night it’ll feel like it’s deflated slightly - it’s not the case it’s just because the air contracts when it cools.

Hope you get sorted with a pack and sleeping bag, cook systems are as simple or as complicated as you make them - I use my meths burner/stove 99% of the time…

Looking forward to seeing some photos of hikes/camps ?

56 minutes ago, zandy01 said:

Great stuff BR, looks like you’re starting to get kit together… That pillow looks identical to the Seatosummit Aeros ?

Keep in mind that if you inflate mat/pillow in warmer air, when the temp drops at night it’ll feel like it’s deflated slightly - it’s not the case it’s just because the air contracts when it cools.

Hope you get sorted with a pack and sleeping bag, cook systems are as simple or as complicated as you make them - I use my meths burner/stove 99% of the time…

Looking forward to seeing some photos of hikes/camps ?

Cheers for the tip off regarding the air in the matt/ pillow.. I didn't know about that!?

I'm already rocking a jet boil mate.. had it a good few years to be honest. It is a bit on the heavy side to be fair but I'm happy enough with it for now. I've never cooked on it mind.. the flame is quite tricky to turn down.. seems to be going literally full gas or nothing! Lol.. Not a deal of middle ground! I'll try a steak on it at some point and see how it goes. Work mate asked me for a pic the other day.. excuse the ironing board.. haha..20230106_183103.jpg.62d18474deff33f5835e823c9edc6e31.jpg20230106_182950.jpg.13c5aefa04edfa9710850afa00f3806b.jpg20230106_182920.jpg.adfa010bcf385079d30cc1ced1a8ce4d.jpg

I'll get there with the pack and sleeping bag mate. Thanks again for the advice.... ?

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

Cheers for the tip off regarding the air in the matt/ pillow.. I didn't know about that!?

I'm already rocking a jet boil mate.. had it a good few years to be honest. It is a bit on the heavy side to be fair but I'm happy enough with it for now. I've never cooked on it mind.. the flame is quite tricky to turn down.. seems to be going literally full gas or nothing! Lol.. Not a deal of middle ground! I'll try a steak on it at some point and see how it goes. Work mate asked me for a pic the other day.. excuse the ironing board.. haha..20230106_183103.jpg.62d18474deff33f5835e823c9edc6e31.jpg20230106_182950.jpg.13c5aefa04edfa9710850afa00f3806b.jpg20230106_182920.jpg.adfa010bcf385079d30cc1ced1a8ce4d.jpg

I'll get there with the pack and sleeping bag mate. Thanks again for the advice.... ?

I've got the smaller version the mini  mo I think it is, never done any proper cooking on it just heat things through or boil in bag. But I've allways been happy with mine.

20211113_165917.jpg

20210829_190947.jpg

• Like 4

Yep, you’ll not go wrong with a Jetboil or the likes, I have the Alpkit Brukit (cheaper copy) which I often use on day hikes when I’m out with my wife, they’re fantastic for boiling a good amount of water rapidly for a cuppa or boil in bag and dehydrated meals….

Down side as mentioned is you can’t really control the heat rate/temp if you like to cook and they’re a little bulky but bombproof… 

I would 100% always carry a lighter or fire steel/striker as the pezo igniters on these stoves have a tendency to fail after a while…

DD980EC5-A8C6-4E79-8FDC-4EE3EE245C85.jpeg

• Like 5
2 hours ago, zandy01 said:

Yep, you’ll not go wrong with a Jetboil or the likes, I have the Alpkit Brukit (cheaper copy) which I often use on day hikes when I’m out with my wife, they’re fantastic for boiling a good amount of water rapidly for a cuppa or boil in bag and dehydrated meals….

Down side as mentioned is you can’t really control the heat rate/temp if you like to cook and they’re a little bulky but bombproof… 

I would 100% always carry a lighter or fire steel/striker as the pezo igniters on these stoves have a tendency to fail after a while…

DD980EC5-A8C6-4E79-8FDC-4EE3EE245C85.jpeg

Cracking pic Zandy!!

Hawswater??

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Cracking pic Zandy!!

Hawswater??

Thank, yeah it’s  Haweswater mate - we sat close to Nan Bield Pass for a brew with a view on the descent from Mardale Ill Bell and heading down towards Harter Fell, we’d been up Riggindale Crag and Racecourse Hill… Cracking day, 7.9 miles ?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TOMO said:

my mate vin has that  jet boil...

one thing to remember though if your out in winter the gas get affected by cold...it won't burn as hot

I use a neoprene cover over my gas bottle,get them in most fishing shops £10 ...makes a difference,gas last abit longer ?DSC_2686.JPG.a901d14f922f9b51bb4035a47ed68553.JPG

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

@Bush Rummager I have a British army bergan sitting around in the shed along with yokes,webbing pouches etc,dry sacks,pay the postage and I will send it to you?will take a few pics when I get home ?

What a top man - fair play to you fella, he’ll be out on the hills and mountains before we know it ???