Wild Camping, Hiking, Back pack, Tent talk, Mini camper etc.......

4 minutes ago, si brown said:

It’s a rough ride for the younger workers, my eldest and her bloke both work neither make good money and struggle like f.. I pinged her a top up last night so she could buy pack up grub?

unless your loaded or came here in a dingy your f’d with rental prices?

I keep telling them to take off and travel. 

Yes true. By the time you sort first months rent a bond and few other bits and bobs thats two grand or best part of it gone before you start. Not many have that sort of money laying around now a days starting out 

• Like 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I spent a few days living out of my kayak along a secluded river.    

Iv'e just bought a old horsebox lorry to convert into a camper/living truck as such,a 1985 Bedford TL and a good chance it's the newest lorry i have ever bought ,mind you full service history and only

Not exactly wild camping but camping at our feild , wanted to take kids away n every thing elce fully booked or very busy so thort balls we will just go to feild    Kids loved it 2 of me mates co

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

F**king loving that Zandy.. fair play to you matey for getting out.. especially this time of year! That Hille look the bizz!!? Looks a cracking set up. You in the Cheviots??

Thanks mate, Got few days left off work and done all the family Xmas stuff may get a couple camps before I’m back…  With the right/appropriate gear it’s easy to get out year round and be extremely warm/dry/comfortable… Yes, I’m in the Scottish side of the Cheviots - only about 1 1/2hr walk up from the car ?

• Like 4
6 hours ago, zandy01 said:

Thanks mate, Got few days left off work and done all the family Xmas stuff may get a couple camps before I’m back…  With the right/appropriate gear it’s easy to get out year round and be extremely warm/dry/comfortable… Yes, I’m in the Scottish side of the Cheviots - only about 1 1/2hr walk up from the car ?

Sounds ideal mate! I'm very envious.. I'm dosed up with man flu here.. missed first few day's back at work and hardly been out of the house!?‍♂️ Cabin fever kicking in now.. i can't wait to get out there.. you can only read so many backpack reviews before you start to crack up!!??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 05/01/2023 at 05:12, Bush Rummager said:

Sounds ideal mate! I'm very envious.. I'm dosed up with man flu here.. missed first few day's back at work and hardly been out of the house!?‍♂️ Cabin fever kicking in now.. i can't wait to get out there.. you can only read so many backpack reviews before you start to crack up!!??

Nightmare, I hate been cooked up and not able to get out… You narrowed it down to a few packs then ?? ?

2 hours ago, zandy01 said:

Nightmare, I hate been cooked up and not able to get out… You narrowed it down to a few packs then ?? ?

Yes.. Osprey.. just not sure which one yet! I'm sold on that Airspeed back ventilation system though and I've literally just got back in from a little trip out to Go Outdoors at Chesterfield having a look the options..

20230106_124023.jpg.4d5e240baac30e3ab134e3795fad4783.jpg

The 'Rook' seems to fit the bill.. nice big empty space to fill with shite!? Just a shame it doesn't have a zipped pocket on the back to keep waterproofs handy and out of the main compartment. Plus I don't want that colour!!  Lol..

It did feel really comfy when I tried it on mind!!

20230106_123804.jpg.c898de911945e88dd3e679aa058aa1ce.jpg20230106_123338.jpg.d1df33336b74b0e5cb8f3272ca3dac81.jpg20230106_122330.jpg.12699577555bef16994a97b03d3db8d4.jpg

• Like 3

They also had an 'Atmos' in.. I'm trying to not get carried away spending to much on this camping venture.. but I'm sure you know how it is when you see something nice! I slipped it on.. and it fit me like a condom??‍♂️ Rolls Royce comfy.. definitely a step up from the Rook. Plus i has 2 nice zipped pockets on the back...

20230106_122229.jpg.04d4d0813e70258d2df96e63ec597bc3.jpg20230106_123014.jpg.5ffdb51b40df30dae0dd29dd80f91349.jpg20230106_121836.jpg.1b956a1ee552a0d860f44aef75ed7c30.jpg

I wouldn"t mind a look at the Exos 58.. think there's recently been an updated version of it. Could be the in-between option to go for?!

I'm useless at making decisions these day's I tell you!!?‍♂️??

• Haha 1

@Bush Rummager

Just last week Go outdoors had the new Atmos 65 on sale for £150 which was an absolute steal…

Go outdoors will beat any price by 10% so you could get it for £170 if you show them the link if it’s in your budget as like you say it’s mega comfy if not a little heavy…

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/osprey-atmos-ag-65-hiking-backpack-1?lang=en&curr=GBP&dest=1&sku=109758205&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=&utm_medium=base&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqebVp8ez_AIVmKztCh0J6Qp0EAQYAiABEgI-jPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds 

Outside pouch/pocket of any pack is where the waterproofs should go, easy access, don’t get the rest of gear wet and let’s them drain/dry off..

I’ve got a Rook 38 for winter day hikes and got to be honest it’s not anywhere near the comfort of the Atmos is even when it’s that fully loaded but yes, the Exos is also a fantastic pack with the mega comfy suspension system and the Atmos…

Im glad you’ve been and tried some on as you’ll now understand how they all feel and fit differently…

Keep us up to date with how you get on ?

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, zandy01 said:

@Bush Rummager

Just last week Go outdoors had the new Atmos 65 on sale for £150 which was an absolute steal…

Go outdoors will beat any price by 10% so you could get it for £170 if you show them the link if it’s in your budget as like you say it’s mega comfy if not a little heavy…

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/osprey-atmos-ag-65-hiking-backpack-1?lang=en&curr=GBP&dest=1&sku=109758205&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=&utm_medium=base&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqebVp8ez_AIVmKztCh0J6Qp0EAQYAiABEgI-jPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds 

Outside pouch/pocket of any pack is where the waterproofs should go, easy access, don’t get the rest of gear wet and let’s them drain/dry off..

I’ve got a Rook 38 for winter day hikes and got to be honest it’s not anywhere near the comfort of the Atmos is even when it’s that fully loaded but yes, the Exos is also a fantastic pack with the mega comfy suspension system and the Atmos…

Im glad you’ve been and tried some on as you’ll now understand how they all feel and fit differently…

Keep us up to date with how you get on ?

Absolute bargin mate the Atmos 65 for £150 like you say!!  I'm guilty of over thinking things sometimes though. I've had my old Berghaus day pack out today to get my jet boil out of there.. I looked at that rucksack and it's been spot on and is still 100% sound and it's had a fair bit of use. I brought it in Keswick about 15 years ago.. pulled it off the rack.. quick look inside it.. "yep.. that'll do"...? Wish I was like that now. Cheers for your help and advice mate.. I really appreciate that.. I will get there eventually!!??

• Like 3
On 03/01/2023 at 08:00, si brown said:

It’s a rough ride for the younger workers, my eldest and her bloke both work neither make good money and struggle like f.. I pinged her a top up last night so she could buy pack up grub?

unless your loaded or came here in a dingy your f’d with rental prices?

I keep telling them to take off and travel. 

We just spent last few weeks moving daughter in and she’s spent all her savings. Had an email today they sending some round to value her place  this week ffs. Hopefully it’s for some thing other than selling up but she’s gutted with worry now. Shouldn’t be allowed 

• Sad 1

@zandy01 .. sorry to bother you again mate!! These Osprey packs.. I'm reading a lot of them develop a squeek when you're out slogging your nuts off up a massive fell!! 

I'm already mad.. buy a squeak every stride would drive me insane like Foxdropper on here. Do I just buy an Osprey.. or look elsewher?

... ?

• Like 1