Scouser - Coursing Dog

1 hour ago, juckler123 said:

Bless ya Tomo you was right it was the new Inn old Pat froggat who had moon madness was to be found there when we wasn't out lamping I'd never known moon madness before it's definitely a real thing ?

His bitch Nina was a good bitch but lamp shy as pat used to twat her with the lamp ?

No a good bitch and caught big numbers ?

My lamping partner back then lived at the back of the pub he had more get out of jail free cards than anyone I have ever known before or after ..

One instance the keepers amalgamated on Chatsworth Bakewell Rowsley and pilsley  to catch us we had wasted the land for a few seasons and couldn't get away like we used to crossing onto each estate..

I kid you not he phoned the cops from a phonebox said we had been lost ?

The ginger Bobby from chesterfield knew the score and spit his dummy out when he asked him for a lift back to the motor ?

Who's Gary am trying to think only lad I can think of was Morley he wasn't the best of lads ended up on TV bragging about lamping black n whites for the cook report like Muppets today all about ego they should keep quiet ?

If so I believe he pinched a good bitch from a close friend of mine out my old dog ?

Me and Gary got on used to see him out drinking and we had mutual respect..

If it was him the lad he knicked her off was in the frame for a murder a crime he never commited for sure when his bitch got took it was the straw that broke the camel's back and he drank himself to death another character bless him ?

No not Morley. ..although I do know him and went out with him a few times..

As you say not the most trustworthy of fellas....I remember him being on that cook report...and thought what a tit...

My mates name is massey ..lived next door to him ...and Ian across the street...

New Houghton was like Woodhouse mate every lad had a dog

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My bitch is direct out of him and no a lot of men with dogs out of him he produces to good 

One i have today ?

Proper scouser then. 

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, juckler123 said:

Cracking memory that pal good on ya keeping it for us to see ?

the man picking his pup was same man with b and t saluki the mother was off the old dog to a beddy lurcher 1969 ish  she killed more  hares than any dog I know of. every pup she threw was a hare killer she could of gone to a sosagedog lol.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, juckler123 said:

Home loading less shot I surmise for night work ?

Engineering shop at back of new Inn was first I've ever seen do fully modified 4.10s beat the hell out of old TV Ariel silencers ?

Think it was that place that made me and my old poaching partners game carriers...same as the pheasant carriers that you put the head in....only ours were a lot longer so we could get more on

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Cheers Juckler, she is out of Scouser but she's not quite all coursing dog... ?

Nice pup mate. Always surprises me when I see coursing bred pups, and even pure salukis, as to how strongly built they are as pups ?

9 hours ago, Blackmag said:

I know this pup is  in good hands ?and I look forward to seeing her progress I believe there's a good few runs round  long lane to be had now  bosun  ? 

Cheers BM and yep, thats the plan... ?

17 hours ago, TOMO said:

No not Morley. ..although I do know him and went out with him a few times..

As you say not the most trustworthy of fellas....I remember him being on that cook report...and thought what a tit...

My mates name is massey ..lived next door to him ...and Ian across the street...

New Houghton was like Woodhouse mate every lad had a dog

I remember that name Tomo but can't put a face to it pre Alzheimer's probably I usually am.able to.put a hound and it's owner together from those times

I'm glad you have had the life you've had I seen your posts of huge bags in the dales we had it good back then and it's a different world now what with technology and all that..

Biggest respect to you and I hear you on the new Houghton lads and their hounds the craze went south and north but for me the midland lads had the best ?

Only two shows worth going to was the Woodhouse show and Barnsley proper dogs proper men happy days ?

13 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Cheers Juckler, she is out of Scouser but she's not quite all coursing dog... ?

That breeding works I wish you all the best Bosun the pups in top order and in good hands that's all that matters will look forward to seeing progress pal ?

• Thanks 1

You got it pal hard times made hard dogs and men when you think back over the century's there was a time folk brought drop eared Saluki types in to prove they had been in the crusades they used to deport folk to Australia for Coney hunting and dogs in Sherwood forest had their middle toes chiseled off its been a hell of a world for our beloved lurchers and pure breds this covid bollocks is no different we will see folk poor again and in need of filling a bag and feeding a street or a village ?

So for some it will be happy days and will help strengthen what we have yet again ?

Trouble is today is the lack of game to what there was back then and that's not down to lurchers that's down to government and legislation ?

• Like 3