Scouser - Coursing Dog

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My bitch is direct out of him and no a lot of men with dogs out of him he produces to good 

One i have today ?

Proper scouser then. 

Posted Images

17 hours ago, TOMO said:

Juckler we're you in court when big Ian represented himself.....a lot of the Woodhouse lads were...

And he was asked why did you catch the rabbits Mr Ian. ..and he replied. ..I put it to you why did the chicken cross the road.....of course the public gallery were in hysterics. ...

Big handy fella Ian. ..lived a few hundred yards from me...when he left Woodhouse and moved to new Houghton 

17 hours ago, TOMO said:

Juckler we're you in court when big Ian represented himself.....a lot of the Woodhouse lads were...

And he was asked why did you catch the rabbits Mr Ian. ..and he replied. ..I put it to you why did the chicken cross the road.....of course the public gallery were in hysterics. ...

Big handy fella Ian. ..lived a few hundred yards from me...when he left Woodhouse and moved to new Houghton 

Big Ian bless him ? man made dogs but they made men too ?

I wasn't there that day pal..

I knew Ian from a young age was about 14 when I first met him and the thoresby rd lads

I joined the club he ran ( we won't mention him nicking all the proceeds ?)

He was something else pal he don't lie except to the authority's and he was a very good man when it came to the lurchers and to friends ?

Cock of the village and that's no mean feat in Mansfield Woodhouse where he lived ?

Ian was special the club had a minibus they bought in and he drove it for lamping to get everyone out in pairs I got him off one night when the cops pulled us and the minibus it was an old schoolmate that pulled us and we had a laugh and he let us go ?

His old bitch was out of Trevor and his next door neighbours dog was out of Trevor too that mating was done three times I believe Petes Sam his neighbours dog was a very good hare dog and Ian's bitch an excellent lamper and could kill a good hare too 

The Sheffield lads that ran then will testify to their offspring and many of the lads local too I think they were 25 quid at the time ??

I really liked Ian and was glad I had chance of his company the minibus and the crack will always stay with me and his hounds and his style not many men deserve as much respect from what I've found imho 

A true gentleman and a proper dog man 

Edited by juckler123
  • Like 2
14 hours ago, Loton Moocher said:

Look like he not same louie as  the one im thinking of defo came from the leicester area ? I not really into courseing but remember the saluki / grey he had was a hell of a hare killer and its offspring made exellent lampers ?

The only Leicester lads I know at that time was Geoff Smith could easily have been one of his mates ?

Lous offspring went everywhere he bred a lot and was always in exchange and mart and local rags we bought our first for fifteen quid most he ever charged as I remember was 25 some of the best deer dogs and lampers were from him and now forty years plus on everyone is breeding coursing dogs to pures history has a habit of repeating itself ?

Edited by juckler123
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, juckler123 said:

The only Leicester lads I know at that time was Geoff Smith could easily have been one of his mates ?

Lous offspring went everywhere he bred a lot and was always in exchange and mart and local rags we bought our first for fifteen quid most he ever charged as I remember was 25 some of the best deer dogs and lampers were from him and now forty years plus on everyone is breeding coursing dogs to pures history has a habit of repeating itself ?

Ha ha the old exchange n mart thats a blast from the past. ?

• Like 2

I've a few contacts that run dogs in north Africa, they have some nice sorts, far from show dogs but seem handy running desert to rocky scrub-land and arable..

IMG_20200212_105619.jpg.3829a35c933616d60d51f04fecb377e5.jpg.f123ea81496f67612bc4928526f11bca.jpg

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, juckler123 said:

Big Ian bless him ? man made dogs but they made men too ?

I wasn't there that day pal..

I knew Ian from a young age was about 14 when I first met him and the thoresby rd lads

I joined the club he ran ( we won't mention him nicking all the proceeds ?)

He was something else pal he don't lie except to the authority's and he was a very good man when it came to the lurchers and to friends ?

Cock of the village and that's no mean feat in Mansfield Woodhouse where he lived ?

Ian was special the club had a minibus they bought in and he drove it for lamping to get everyone out in pairs I got him off one night when the cops pulled us and the minibus it was an old schoolmate that pulled us and we had a laugh and he let us go ?

His old bitch was out of Trevor and his next door neighbours dog was out of Trevor too that mating was done three times I believe Petes Sam his neighbours dog was a very good hare dog and Ian's bitch an excellent lamper and could kill a good hare too 

The Sheffield lads that ran then will testify to their offspring and many of the lads local too I think they were 25 quid at the time ??

I really liked Ian and was glad I had chance of his company the minibus and the crack will always stay with me and his hounds and his style not many men deserve as much respect from what I've found imho 

A true gentleman and a proper dog man 

What was the name of the pub in Woodhouse were the club met..??? My mate Gary was in that club..forever telling me story's. ...I remember him telling me how they kept a garden cane with a pin in the end.. so when the bar staff went round to the lounge side they used the cane to nick packets of fags from behind the bar...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2