Coronavirus

Just now, Born Hunter said:

I don't know mate. All I'm thinking is God f***ing help us if something I consider serious ever happens.

Lol...alien invasion??? Lol

I never thought about a shut down of whole countries mate, the grounding of planes, no travel around a lot of the world, self isolation for millions...stopping the football season early just when Liverpool thought they had won the league!! ?

This shouldn't be judged only on the amount of deaths alone is my point...the reaction is so huge, why??

As others have said the best brains in the world are behind the scenes calling the shots, I cant believe to push the great swathes of the world to global shut down is a decision made without severe fear....

Like I said, I agree with the pure stats of deaths to cases and the flu kills more etc....but thos thing is a whole lot bigger and we're not long into it.... 

• Like 4

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

That’s not the half of it mate she’s also on immune suppressing stuff to save her body rejecting her kidney she had transplanted not so long ago

Ahh bloody hell mate, I can only go on what we are advised when on those drugs and that's keep.her away from.anyone and everyone...its a tough one mate...

Wishing her and you the best mate...

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, WILF said:

Exactly that and why be pricks about it just to keep the wheels turning for “them”........f**k em because believe me, from what I have seen in my life, it’s f**k you.

There are going to be real vulnerable people in real need and the choices now may decide their fate then.

A few tough choices for a lot of people in the next week.or so mate...

Let's see if financial help is given or if the people decide they will make their own minds up on what should happen.. ?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Sad to say, this is just the tip of the iceberg, gonna get a whole lot worse before it gets better. Good luck everyone, gonna be a bumpy ride.

Cheers, D.

Think you're right mate...

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I don't know mate. All I'm thinking is God f***ing help us if something I consider serious ever happens.

I’m not being a sarky c**t mate, but when was the last time they shut the world down ?........I’d say, from a layman’s point of view, it’s pretty fecking serious.

• Like 1
Just now, NEWKID said:

Lol...alien invasion??? Lol

I never thought about a shut down of whole countries mate, the grounding of planes, no travel around a lot of the world, self isolation for millions...stopping the football season early just when Liverpool thought they had won the league!! ?

This shouldn't be judged only on the amount of deaths alone is my point...the reaction is so huge, why??

As others have said the best brains in the world are behind the scenes calling the shots, I cant believe to push the great swathes of the world to global shut down is a decision made without severe fear....

Like I said, I agree with the pure stats of deaths to cases and the flu kills more etc....but thos thing is a whole lot bigger and we're not long into it.... 

If they did nothing we could reasonably expect hundreds of thousands to millions dying globally over the course of it. Not just that but because it's a pandemic, it'll hit the whole world in a short period and so put a large percentage of people out of action si ultaneously and swamp resources. There would be absolute mayhem, especially with today's level of connectivity. Be all sorts of social unrest I expect. I still don't consider the threat to life or health particularly concerning. Were dealing with it pretty well. What's concerned me is how much concern there seems to be! Let's just keep f***ing calm!

Look at how many have died, in total so far. Do you know how many people die every day anyway?..... 150'000!!! Every day on average!

Lol, nah not aliens, I believe they just want to study us. I'll save my camp fire stories for after this crisis.

1 minute ago, WILF said:

I’m not being a sarky c**t mate, but when was the last time they shut the world down ?........I’d say, from a layman’s point of view, it’s pretty fecking serious.

We can only judge on what we can see...and I dont believe world leaders would cause this type of panic unless there is a justifiable reason....the main reason being money...

5 minutes ago, WILF said:

911 I guess. Fair, maybe I'm just a psycho. I look at the data, not policies to judge severity.

I can imagine much worse futures than this. This doesnt even begin to scare me.

• Like 1

Micron has made an announcement to the people that is a clear as mud. so his Interior Department are scrabbling around trying to answer the pertinent questions. Apparently if I go to work tomorrow I have to write myself a note explaining what I am doing and why, so I can show it to the hundreds of thousands of police who will be patrolling the roads. ?

4 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

If they did nothing we could reasonably expect hundreds of thousands to millions dying globally over the course of it. Not just that but because it's a pandemic, it'll hit the whole world in a short period and so put a large percentage of people out of action si ultaneously and swamp resources. There would be absolute mayhem, especially with today's level of connectivity. Be all sorts of social unrest I expect. I still don't consider the threat to life or health particularly concerning. Were dealing with it pretty well. What's concerned me is how much concern there seems to be! Let's just keep f***ing calm!

Look at how many have died, in total so far. Do you know how many people die every day anyway?..... 150'000!!! Every day on average!

Lol, nah not aliens, I believe they just want to study us. I'll save my camp fire stories for after this crisis.

Your only looking at stats still mate... it dont matter how many die daily or how many die from.this disease in the grand scheme of things...the stats will.eventually show the whole picture...and the full death toll associated could be huge...we cant cope with the amount of sick people in one quick hit...

But.... I completely agree, we also cant cope with a complete shut down, the world has become what it is and it is far removed from the simpler times unfortunately...you just cant go backwards quick enough....90% of people would die if the supermarkets closed for a month!! Lol

• Like 2
1 minute ago, NEWKID said:

Your only looking at stats still mate... it dont matter how many die daily or how many die from.this disease in the grand scheme of things...the stats will.eventually show the whole picture...and the full death toll associated could be huge...we cant cope with the amount of sick people in one quick hit...

I don't understand that. Yes I'm looking at stats/data, is that wrong? Yes I agree it's inconclusive at this point. But inconclusive is inconclusive. Ie it doesn't conclude that were all doomed.

2 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I don't understand that. Yes I'm looking at stats/data, is that wrong? Yes I agree it's inconclusive at this point. But inconclusive is inconclusive. Ie it doesn't conclude that were all doomed.

Sorry.... my point is the stats about flu deaths v covid 19 deaths or total deaths on average every day mean nothing in this instance imo...

Ebola killed 70% (I think) of the people who contracted it...but it barely got out of a couple of countries in Africa...

This has gone around the globe in a couple of months and the end result will be counted up in the deaths caused because of it, not purely down to it....

I agree we shouldn't panic, but we should certainly pull the stops out to prevent the spread... you just dont see a world wide reaction like this ever..

• Like 4