Coronavirus

5 hours ago, NEWKID said:

I'm not going to start calling people out, but there are some mad views on here...

I know 1 person who has had to go into liquidation as the business is built around large events and people are cancelling left right and centre...

My brother in law is working on a large holiday complex, holding his last payment as they are running out of cash and bookings have stopped...

The knock on effect is huge, the economy isn't something that only the rich are affected by...we all are...and the poorest will be hit the worst...by "propping up" the bug players it allows the smaller players to continue...its one inclusive cycle...

One thing I will say...is if ever our sheep like mentality is proven it is now...waiting for the government to tell us what to do...by midday today, we had sorted the wifes business in ths short term to trade without her, pulled the kids out of school, I've had to rearrange a fair bit..but we didnt wait for Boris to tell us... it's all blame the government when sometimes it's up.to individuals..dont go to the pub, or cafe...walk the dogs on a beach or moor, sit in of a night and have a meal...etc..

Also, thos it's only killed a few thousand is also ridiculous...almost like it dont matter as the stats are low..lets see what the stats are in 6 months and then ask if as individuals we should have protected each other...

we just had a big job on one of the islands cancelled because of it mate working for an old couple in a big ole house now and there telling us to crack on as normal what do you do when you need the dough.....

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, WILF said:

I think that’s bit insulting to jocks (ugly as they are!), most lads are a bit more robust than that.

It always gets my fellow hammers back up when I write stuff like that and I understand and respect why it does, but I can only be honest about how I feel.

Theres still lots of brilliant lads in my country, many of who you read on here but on balance they are a minority (imho) and what I see of the gaff bears out my opinion.....not saying I’m right, it’s just how I see it.

He forgets (or maybe he don’t ?) that our fellow countrymen have been letting lads like me and him down for years.....we were the f***ing villains of the piece !

Its the best kennel in the world full of f***ing mutts and mutts are also running the gaff.

The only thing that gets my back up is when you describe us as " you/yours " when its something bad.....but " us/ours " when its something good ?

Beyond that i couldnt give a bollock im proud of my manor but dont like many of the people in it no different to my football club really..... your either loyal to the manor/the badge.....or your not.

Edited by gnasher16
5 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

Plenty of local shops here outside of big towns & cities. I must admit I was pretty lucky in that respect where I lived in the uk too.

I’m trying think what’s it like for my dad in Brittany. They are rural & I think they have some near-by?

I cover an area of over 3,000 km2 in four departments and can honestly say that the number of small grocery shops I know of outside towns is no more than half a dozen. Even the ones subsidised by the communes don't last more than a few months. Same with butchers and boulangeries; fewer and fewer every year.

11 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

No i think they call them Epidemiologists and other big long words.....bods who dedicate their lives to this sort of shit....in a word....scientific advisors.

Or do we think Boris and Jez Corbyn are the brains of the outfit ?

Even you don’t believe that they are allowed to say what they think mate.....there will plenty of “we can’t say that” going on for whatever reason 

2 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I worked down your end for about a year 1968 I think. Lived in Maida Vale and worked at Fords Dagenham. Enjoyed it. Lots of grown up no shit lads I worked with.The weather was like the tropics compared to the north.Lots of racial tension shall we say in the factory. Beer was shite  not so the women.

Thats a fair ol trot Maida Vale to Dagenham Motors !

Dagenham Motors was where most of us youngsters were destined for from this area.

1 minute ago, Nicepix said:

I cover an area of over 3,000 km2 in four departments and can honestly say that the number of small grocery shops I know of outside towns is no more than half a dozen. Even the ones subsidised by the communes don't last more than a few months. Same with butchers and boulangeries; fewer and fewer every year.

That’s a real shame mate. It was a big thing for me in the uk supporting local rural shops/farm shops etc. People used to think I was mad driving around these places instead of Tesco’s etc all because of the cost! Since I’ve moved here two of those places have gone for good.

We are very lucky here, but it may not always be that way, so I always use what we’ve got when I can.

Next door an old woman 93yr old 

If the weather is fine she can be seen doubled over little fork in hand tending the borders for hours on end.

Fair play for 93.

So if she gets this virus.she is a gonna then ??

• Like 1

We support local French businesses whenever we can; all the vehicles we have came from French dealers and are maintained by a local French garage but the corner shops had gone well before we came here.

11 minutes ago, WILF said:

Even you don’t believe that they are allowed to say what they think mate.....there will plenty of “we can’t say that” going on for whatever reason 

Maybe we,re getting our wires crossed here....but no...i think scientists are doing their very best to get to grips with this........so what you saying you think their research and advice will be ignored ?