Coronavirus

Just now, mushroom said:

Well I'm so bored, I started routing about the flat... found my old Toshiba Satellite laptop ? Bloody thing is about 12 years old, on Windows 7 lol... started up first time and then crash dumped on me..... managed to fix it and then yep crashed dumped on me again ? well that's my next two weeks sorted ?

what's your symptoms like now?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Well I'm so bored, I started routing about the flat... found my old Toshiba Satellite laptop ? Bloody thing is about 12 years old, on Windows 7 lol... started up first time and then crash dumped on me..... managed to fix it and then yep crashed dumped on me again ? well that's my next two weeks sorted ?

Post it to BA they will be grateful of it when there money runs out ?

1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

Just one stat that is to mind, seasonal flu kills on average 17000 people in England annually. A bad year will be 28000. But that disease is endemic, we are used to it. Epidemics are scary just because we haven't psychologically aclimatised and of course the severity is a bit unknown.

The CDC have an info page on the history of pandemics, stats for each one.

Imo this one is getting so much coverage because it's hitting the developed world I  a fairly unpresidented way. 

The death Figures I got for flu in people over 65 yrs was 83 per 10,000  0.1% ish ....corona around 1 in 80 to a 100  1%ish 

21 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Just one stat that is to mind, seasonal flu kills on average 17000 people in England annually. A bad year will be 28000. But that disease is endemic, we are used to it. Epidemics are scary just because we haven't psychologically aclimatised and of course the severity is a bit unknown.

The CDC have an info page on the history of pandemics, stats for each one.

Imo this one is getting so much coverage because it's hitting the developed world I  a fairly unpresidented way. 

Yes but some are predicting over 7 million requiring hospitalisation. Say 3 per cent snuff it, that's er er my maths isn't great, it's er a f****n lot more than flu deaths even in the worst year.

6 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

This is a good time to support your local shops folks instead of relying on big supermarkets for everything 

What local shops? The nearest shop to us is one of three supermarkets placed close together 12km away from us. On route we pass a hairdressers and a pharmacy - that's it. Local shops do not exist outside the cities and large towns.

12 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

what's your symptoms like now?

Same as before, maybe better. Pulling a slight cough but that could be the smoking more and snorting Vodka ?

How the hell do I post audio on here? I've recorded the barrio doing their solidarity part clapping.

Edited by mushroom
2 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Yes but some are predicting over 7 million requiring hospitalisation. Say 3 per cent snuff it, that's er er my maths isn't great, it's er a f****n lot more than flu deaths even in the worst year.

You said what viruses take more lives. Seasonal flu has taken many more lives in the same time. If you meant what has a higher case fatality rate then I'll go with Ebola. 50% CFR on average but has been as bad as 90%.

4 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

You said what viruses take more lives. Seasonal flu has taken many more lives in the same time. If you meant what has a higher case fatality rate then I'll go with Ebola. 50% CFR on average but has been as bad as 90%.

No,comprende senor.

7 minutes ago, kanny said:

The death Figures I got for flu in people over 65 yrs was 83 per 10,000  corona around 1 in 80 to a 100  1%ish 

Indeed, looks like COVID19 has a considerably higher case fatality rate than seasonal flu. But then we are taking much more drastic action with this than we do flu. Also if we get into the dirty topic of ranking deaths then I'd say the fact that seasonal flu kills kids doesn't make the death rates simply equatable.

3 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Indeed, looks like COVID19 has a considerably higher case fatality rate than seasonal flu. But then we are taking much more drastic action with this than we do flu. Also if we get into the dirty topic of ranking deaths then I'd say the fact that seasonal flu kills kids doesn't make the death rates simply equatable.

Wonder where alcohol abuse and tobacco consumption would rank as a annual killer?

3 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Italy asked the krauts for help with respirators for the victims of Covid 19, krauts told them to fck off and passed an emergency law forbidding medical equipment leaving the fatherland...So much for the fckn EU

van Lederhosen this evening was like a conductor of a school orchestra - doesn't matter what she was saying - every fecker was playing a different tune. ?

• Haha 1