Coronavirus

39 minutes ago, WILF said:

Has anyone seen a reason why the governments of the world have reacted to this particular virus strain in this way ?

As has been pointed out, other viruses are claiming many, many more lives every year so what is it about this one ? 

Because they have no vaccine and it's global maybe mate ?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Who MIGHT die. Who should be isolated anyway. It’s arse about face to isolate the low risk majority.

Life can’t just stop. Especially not for this poxy virus.

Spot on.we can't stop the flu.

So the chances of stoping this is slim surely.maybe impossible.

38 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

41 minutes ago, WILF said:

Has anyone seen a reason why the governments of the world have reacted to this particular virus strain in this way ?

As has been pointed out, other viruses are claiming many, many more lives every year so what is it about this one ? 

If my work has to close I think it will be the end of it .. we rely on our spring/summer sales to carry us through the winter , if we have a poor April/may and June there won't be enough money to keep us in jobs 

• Sad 3
2 minutes ago, Chid said:

If my work has to close I think it will be the end of it .. we rely on our spring/summer sales to carry us through the winter , if we have a poor April/may and June there won't be enough money to keep us in jobs 

well your fkd then cos this aint going away any time soon 

Just now, riohog said:

well your fkd then cos this aint going away any time soon 

Tell me about it , if we get sick and I get sick pay I won't get enough to cover the rent never mind bills , my weekly food bill is the same as SSP .. if I loose my job on top of that I don't know how I'd cope although I'd proper be better off getting benefits

Could do with a world wide shut down for a month and get this knocked on the head along with potential other influenzas. I've read they are speculating that children are the reservoir but dont show symptoms so keeping people at home for a defined period could possibly work.

13 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Ejumicate me, which viruses take more lives than Corvid 19 Wilf?  Not being arsy, just don't know of any.

Just one stat that is to mind, seasonal flu kills on average 17000 people in England annually. A bad year will be 28000. But that disease is endemic, we are used to it. Epidemics are scary just because we haven't psychologically aclimatised and of course the severity is a bit unknown.

The CDC have an info page on the history of pandemics, stats for each one.

Imo this one is getting so much coverage because it's hitting the developed world I  a fairly unpresidented way. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Chid said:

Tell me about it , if we get sick and I get sick pay I won't get enough to cover the rent never mind bills , my weekly food bill is the same as SSP .. if I loose my job on top of that I don't know how I'd cope although I'd proper be better off getting benefits

get a bedi whippet mate thatll feed you ?  you will survive  dont fret  

Our kids school has come up with a bright idea of stopping after school clubs until further notice. The kids are allowed together from 9am to 3pm. So stopping the after school club from 3pm to 4pm will defiantly slow it down lol. 

• Haha 2

Well I'm so bored, I started routing about the flat... found my old Toshiba Satellite laptop ? Bloody thing is about 12 years old, on Windows 7 lol... started up first time and then crash dumped on me..... managed to fix it and then yep crashed dumped on me again ? well that's my next two weeks sorted ?