Coronavirus

On the news now.they talking about helping the aeroplane industry.

Yet they make crazy amounts of money.

If they don't fly they lost nothing.

But let's give them a wedge of cash and the tax payer will pick up the bill.

Where is all that profit going ??

Screenshot_20200316-115602.jpg.802c76b2b7185b31a2662f1f3d29c260.jpg

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, king said:

perhaps we need to stop the fkn millions of foregn aid then we could afford to prop up our own airlines 

• Like 2
Just now, riohog said:

perhaps we need to stop the fkn millions of foregn aid then we could afford to prop up our own airlines 

They make a few billion.they can prop themselves up..feck em. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, king said:

Do you even realise what their wage bill is each week/month? Their contractual obligations with partners, suppliers and creditors? You think if they don't fly, they don't lose any money?

This is costing trillions already due to lost productivity, lost revenue and lost trade. The repercussions of this will be felt globally for a generation, minimum.

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 5
5 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Do you even realise what their wage bill is each week/month? Their contractual obligations with partners, suppliers and creditors? You think if they don't fly, they don't lose any money?

This is costing trillions already due to lost productivity, lost revenue and lost trade. The repercussions of this will be felt globally for a generation, minimum.

oh fk my heart bleeds for them    fkit mate  people are dying like flys    but prop the airline industry up     thatll cure all ,,,,,

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, riohog said:

oh fk my heart bleeds for them    fkit mate  people are dying like flys    but prop the airline industry up     thatll cure all ,,,,,

Forget the company and think about the thousands of people they employ, their families and the repercussions of losing a wage earner in the family. In some case both wage earners. Just because you don't like a company, put that aside and remember that company is made up of people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Forget the company and think about the thousands of people they employ, their families and the repercussions of losing a wage earner in the family. In some case both wage earners. Just because you don't like a company, put that aside and remember that company is made up of people.

is this really a priority mate sorry every industry will / may suffer  not just one 

• Like 1

I see the EU have got themselves into a bit of a confused state over border control. One minute it's a bad thing and the next they're 'gently' introducing their own borders.

Absolute madness to think that to a huge lump of society the politics of national borders is unthinkable.

• Haha 2
24 minutes ago, mushroom said:

The bit I posted said.profit before tax.

So wages fuel etc is payed.

2.6b profit before tax.

6 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I think you may have missed that that is my point.

Here, you ain’t got time to be on here......you should be out kissing camel jockeys ! 

16 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I see the EU have got themselves into a bit of a confused state over border control. One minute it's a bad thing and the next they're 'gently' introducing their own borders.

Absolute madness to think that to a huge lump of society the politics of national borders is unthinkable.

Made a joke about this the other day.... I said so much for schengen and free movement ? Didn't go down too well if I'm honest ?

15 minutes ago, king said:

The bit I posted said.profit before tax.

So wages fuel etc is payed.

2.6b profit before tax.

And you really think that money is liquid? Mate seriously stop reading an article and thinking you understand the situation and how these things work because obviously you dont.

Whether its BA, the company my Mrs works for or the bloke on the high street with a greasy spoon/cafe.. this is costing the people of the world a fuuck load money. Not many companies whether enterprise or one man band have enough liquid assets to ride a storm like this.

Just think about the knock on effect that just BA's no flight status is having on it's suppliers/dependents all those thousands of jobs gone! Whether it's a baggage handler, food prepper or simply the taxi driver who makes his bread ferrying people to the airport.

• Like 4

Still never mind. be positive.  With all the planes not flying Boris will be able to proclaim that the UK is ahead of its CO emisions target.  A load of coffin Dodgers will have shuffled off their  mortal coil and released resources and houses for the common good. The supermarkets will have made a winfall profit  so will everyone up the supply chain. The general public will have be end sideshifted to think about other things. The country will be billions better off because we aren't all bowling off òn holiday to Spain, Portugal, Greece, turkey or wherever. It's not all about whetheer theres been a run on the bog roll. The sun is out the garden is growing and the hound wants to go out on patrol.  I have asked the hound if we would be better off staying inside and self isolating .  The hound replied that dogs dont get corovirus and therefore it don't   give a  monkeys. Everything is mad.  My sister told me that a neighbour of hers is going round with a scarf tied round her mouth. Asked why this was, the woman said that she'd "Heard", that there was a "SUSPECTED" case at the local hospital.  !!!  This hospital is probably at least four miles away in a straight line.  Its a good job that I wasn't  there because I wouldn't have been able to keep a straight face. ??????????.

• Haha 1