Dog aggressive to me

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I growled and curled me lip when me youngest went for me beans on toast luckily the missus were there and intervened or God knows what might have happened 

Any dog show aggression round me or young there’s only uno option 

How would you like someone dicking about with your manky foot when you're trying to get the nosebag on ?

A good mate (rip John) had twenty years in services he spent his last years as a snapper army attack dogs disbanded long ago he was based at longkesh spelling ?

These dogs were chosen for aggression and could only be touched by handler and he was bitten quite badly by has own dog on a few occasions suited him at the time as very little contact with officers as when out with dog no one could get close lol

Anyone heard of them 

• Like 1

Going back to the first post on this thread to me it reads like he was guarding his bone not lashing out through pain or fear but without being there who's to know, he might not do it again if he got scolded at the time.

A mate of mine has a springer which is a lovely family dog and adores his daughter but he challenged her a couple of times over things he didn't want to give up or get off the couch etc and after a good bollocking off her under his supervision the dog learned his place again.

My last lurcher "was" an unpredictable flighty bitey b*****d.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, gnipper said:

Going back to the first post on this thread to me it reads like he was guarding his bone not lashing out through pain or fear but without being there who's to know, he might not do it again if he got scolded at the time.

A mate of mine has a springer which is a lovely family dog and adores his daughter but he challenged her a couple of times over things he didn't want to give up or get off the couch etc and after a good bollocking off her under his supervision the dog learned his place again.

Your mate can obviously WALK the WALK gnipper lol ?

7 minutes ago, gnipper said:

Maybe he was guarding his bone thinking about it he normally has them in kennel as the wife objects to the smell in the house for some reason, it was only I was off and at home alone that he had it in house.

Perhaps its raw aggression 

I’ve had lurchers badly hung up on barbed wire wrapped up in electric fence, stapled them, stitched them and never had one turn a lip up at me, in a few of them situations I actually would of forgive them if they had of had a snap at me but to growl and then have a go is totally different. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Chaff said:

Dad had terrier's as a kid not digging dogs we used them for rats and he said same regarding bones and being a kid I had to test to see if he was right?

Yep he was right got bit more than once lol but never drew blood and I kept quiet about it, he came home one day with a pup he was given by a traveler mate of his black and tan this would of been in the late 70s that was a mean bitch never messed with that one.

Anyone been proper chewed by their own mutt?

I got proper chewed once at a dog show, by my mates lurcher,after 1 of my black dogs decided he wanted to eat the bull x's front leg lol,10 days in hospital and multiple operations to sort both my hands and arms ,next time I try to extract a dog from another dogs jaws .....I will just use the .410 and save on the blood loss?

• Haha 1
Just now, dogmandont said:

I’ve had lurchers badly hung up on barbed wire wrapped up in electric fence, stapled them, stitched them and never had one turn a lip up at me, in a few of them situations I actually would of forgive them if they had of had a snap at me but to growl and then have a go is totally different. 

Have cut him out of wire on a couple of occasions and been good as gold in doing it and fixing him up after like he knows he being helped.

Who thinks its normal to have a dog turn if you mess with his bone ( bone not boner)

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Have cut him out of wire on a couple of occasions and been good as gold in doing it and fixing him up after like he knows he being helped.

Who thinks its normal to have a dog turn if you mess with his bone ( bone not boner)

I’m top honcho round here and I’ll take what I like from them and if they think any different retribution will be swift. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Chaff said:

Dad had terrier's as a kid not digging dogs we used them for rats and he said same regarding bones and being a kid I had to test to see if he was right?

Yep he was right got bit more than once lol but never drew blood and I kept quiet about it, he came home one day with a pup he was given by a traveler mate of his black and tan this would of been in the late 70s that was a mean bitch never messed with that one.

Anyone been proper chewed by their own mutt?

yes my younger brother  , years ago  we were both in our late teens  , so not little kids etc. i t was our family dog a ( dalmatian )  about there normal size  for the breed  25in   55lb  there abouts, so not a over big type dog , just bit bigger than a farm collie . it happened the one morning  , the dog used to sleep under the coffee table in the kitchen , mom asked me brother to put the dog out for a pee etc , as it was early morning  think it had been raining, but it had stopped, me brother called the dog out from the table , it wouldnt move out , so me brother went to grab his collar , and drag him out side , big mistake  the twat'in thing , grabbed his hand one bite, then loosed him, fook me did he shout in pain, really hurt him . we moved the table put chair on his head so he couldnt bite again , and dragged it out side, my brother  said the pain was like having his hand slammed between a door , very painful. went to hospital  to get jab, and  seen to.Now people go on about big guard breeds, rotties, gsd, bandogs, boerboel , the latter ive seen , dogs with power and very strong bites , take it from me a dog like we had or  feckin farm collie  can do lot of damage , ive said before i give my dogs fair size beef bones in there kennels , and seeing them crunch them up, more so my big dog  he eats the bloody lot  lol  he goes throw them like butter . yep a dog bite even off mid size dog  would bloody hurt , never mind big guard breeds, that why i said  all dogs should be kept outside  there animals  that act like animals, and dogs bite simple as that .!!

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I got proper chewed once at a dog show, by my mates lurcher,after 1 of my black dogs decided he wanted to eat the bull x's front leg lol,10 days in hospital and multiple operations to sort both my hands and arms ,next time I try to extract a dog from another dogs jaws .....I will just use the .410 and save on the blood loss?

Feck that mate was you able to go straight back to dogs after that ?

What happened to dogs after that pts?