Dog aggressive to me

There seems to be two lines of thought on this thread. One that it was food possessiveness and another that it was pain/fear. Just wanted to say that it's important to be 100% on what is the cause because how you respond to it probably needs to be different and responding the wrong way can possibly cause more problems.

ie, bollocking a dog that is in pain and scared you are going to hurt him/her will either destroy your bond/trust or cause the dog to actually bite you badly.

:thumbs:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I growled and curled me lip when me youngest went for me beans on toast luckily the missus were there and intervened or God knows what might have happened 

Any dog show aggression round me or young there’s only uno option 

How would you like someone dicking about with your manky foot when you're trying to get the nosebag on ?

8 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

There seems to be two lines of thought on this thread. One that it was food possessiveness and another that it was pain/fear. Just wanted to say that it's important to be 100% on what is the cause because how you respond to it probably needs to be different and responding the wrong way can possibly cause more problems.

ie, bollocking a dog that is in pain and scared you are going to hurt him/her will either destroy your bond/trust or cause the dog to actually bite you badly.

:thumbs:

He will be tested tonight with regards to food mate and he will be getting some more treatment on his toe will find out over the next few days

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

bollocking a dog that is in pain and scared you are going to hurt him/her will either destroy your bond/trust or cause the dog to actually bite you badly.

Dog's aren't human. they push each other around,no etiquette.They get over a whack in time depending on the dog.They have to have a leader and they need it,otherwise your the bitch.

• Like 1
Just now, Aussie Whip said:

Dog's aren't human. they push each other around,no etiquette.They get over a whack in time depending on the dog.They have to have a leader and they need it,otherwise your the bitch.

Nope, definitely not human. :blink:

An animal that is in a state of fear doesn't give a f**k about any hierarchy.

3 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Otherwise your just an equal with no respect.

Okay, but do you think that a dogs mind is at all in that mode when it is a state of pain/fear? The most submissive dog in the world can snap when in pain. I don't think responding to that with a beating will have any positive result at all. The dog is in a survival mode, not in a social mode.

That's why it is important to identify the root cause.

• Like 3
Just now, Born Hunter said:

Okay, but do you think that a dogs mind is at all in that mode when it is a state of pain/fear? The most submissive dog in the world can snap when in pain. I don't think responding to that with a beating will have any positive result at all. The dog is in a survival mode, not in a social mode.

I've got ten dogs,I'm not a social worker.I don't beat my dogs up,I don't have to.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Born Hunter said:

Agreed didn't get a beating just a slap across the nose and a shout of no that was my natural instinct kicking in I guess 

I

• Like 2