Dog aggressive to me

2 minutes ago, Black neck said:

What's up had a bad experience furg

Since childhood, EVERY hamster that I've encountered has sunk it's teeth into me. Friends as a youngster growing up, ex partner's kids etc etc, pets. Without exception, they've all attacked me! Savage little c**ts! Ideal, child friendly pet? Bollocks, horrible aggressive little fuckers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I growled and curled me lip when me youngest went for me beans on toast luckily the missus were there and intervened or God knows what might have happened 

Any dog show aggression round me or young there’s only uno option 

How would you like someone dicking about with your manky foot when you're trying to get the nosebag on ?

1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Since childhood, EVERY hamster that I've encountered has sunk it's teeth into me. Friends as a youngster growing up, ex partner's kids etc etc, pets. Without exception, they've all attacked me! Savage little c**ts! Ideal, child friendly pet? Bollocks, horrible aggressive little fuckers!

Probably not been socialized properly or entered to the wheel before mentally mature

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Yep same here, can't stand the wee horrible fuuckers. Cute as fec mind but every single one I have encountered has done the same... nailed me, always the finger aswell.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Agreed. Had a lot more bites of hamsters than ferrets 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Chaff said:

now I got doubts with him around my kids he in the house at the moment but I think might be best outside in kennel

You got to remember the kids will grow up and leave,the dogs there for life.Put the kids in boarding school and let the dog on the lounge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mine did the same chaff a few weeks ago. His back was in a spasm or some thing and giving him agony. I didn't know and came home from work and just stroked his back in passing. Well fook me he screamed spun around and got right up to me all teeth. I stood me ground and cleaned the carpet behind later :lol:

But he was in a bad way and he wouldn't come near for about 4 days because he thought I hurt him. His also been a possessive sod all his life but getting better and we never really have issues now. But its some thing I keep an eye on. Lots on here would have done away with him long ago. But we manage fine

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, terryd said:

Mine did the same chaff a few weeks ago. His back was in a spasm or some thing and giving him agony. I didn't know and came home from work and just stroked his back in passing. Well fook me he screamed spun around and got right up to me all teeth. I stood me ground and cleaned the carpet behind later :lol:

But he was in a bad way and he wouldn't come near for about 4 days because he thought I hurt him. His also been a possessive sod all his life but getting better and we never really have issues now. But its some thing I keep an eye on. Lots on here would have done away with him long ago. But we manage fine

Sorry to here that tel they do read body language and that's a difficult one to learn for us at times, was on the phone to a mate who has a lot more experience with lurchers and he said I probably missed his lip curl when first touching him which led to his little outburst and to always watch dogs face when first touching any injury which made sense to me every days a school day a..

Hope you get him sorted mate nothing worse than a sulky mutt about the house

Maybe a cheeky pm to skycat she seems to be well up on dog health

Or and its a big or you could try mushroom ?

Atb mate

Everytime this numb nuts has injured himself; piece of glass in the foot, smashing himself off a park bench into a lamp post at full speed (you know, the usual). He always comes straight to me screaming and will let me do anything to help him, without a grumble. I've stitched him, stapled him, pulled pieces of glass out, checked his leg wasn't broken etc ad infinitum. All my dogs have been the same tbh.

Yet one of those dogs in a situation where his leg was trapped while passing between the back to the front of the van panicked and nailed both my feckin thumbs, poor b*****d was so sorry afterwards :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sit a bowl of food in the pen between several dogs and they will probably eat together out of the one dish.  Now throw a bone or meat in the middle and you will just have started world war 3!  Dogs turn savage around bones and meat but always asserting your own dominance with your dogs reaching in to get their bones is a must in my book.  It lays down the law as to what is acceptable and I find a dog which doesn't know its place is unhappy, confused and will make mistakes some of which you may pay a pretty price for.  

I would have reprimanded the dog in the same way and you taking that bone speaks volumes.  If you have any other dogs about the one that growled at you I would watch it around feeding time until you can 100% say you know the pack order is established.