Working at height

Remember a site in Glasgow I worked in Friday afternoon everyone ready to leave. 

We were boarding up the building a joiner jumped in the bucket of the JCB and asked him to take him up to fix a board. 

The agent came out his hut like a raging maniac lol

Both joiner and driver were off the site instantly. 

• Like 1

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Feck heights if I was suppose to be that high up I would have feathers 

Steel erecting and industrial roofing is our game, it ain't how it used to be though.. 18 and sitting with my ass clamped to a rafter 40ft up whilst a 60 year old Mancunian steps over you, noncha

Never mind ginger youtube likes chasers, here's the master .....  

Posted Images

I've never bought this crap about health and safety being for softies. It's generally some fat arsed management/penpusher who comes out with crap like that.But it's not the likes of them that has to suffer when accidents happen. They just try to cover it up and hire the next mug who will take a risk.

• Like 4

Not read every comment but for me I hate cherry pickers and such all the jerking round and being boomed out way over freaks me out no end. I'll happily go up any ladder any size on any roof no problem but off a machine that I know is safer I hate being there everything I do is slow so I don't make it jerk to much 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2018 at 17:16, Saltmoon said:

Not read every comment but for me I hate cherry pickers and such all the jerking round and being boomed out way over freaks me out no end. I'll happily go up any ladder any size on any roof no problem but off a machine that I know is safer I hate being there everything I do is slow so I don't make it jerk to much 

and for the last 4 months ive been on a boom hoist and mewp every single day,,we had been up 50 feet out over machinery getting at sprinkler pipes ,dangling in mid air with nothing at all around you and every move you  make has the bucket bouncing about like crazy lol..but i dont mind it really,,some days you think though ''IF THIS THING EVER DROPS ME IM IN SHIT ,''but i have to console myself and realise it cant happen...AND TODAY THERE WAS AN  ACCIDENT,A LAD IN OUR COMPANY GOT HIS LEG CRUSHED AGAINST THE WALL BY THE ARM OF THE BOOM AT GROUND LEVEL...so its literally safer up in  the air than on the ground...tomorrow theres going to be hell to pay ,we have a stand down and an inquirie at 8 a.m ffs...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, jigsaw said:

and for the last 4 months ive been on a boom hoist and mewp every single day,,we had been up 50 feet out over machinery getting at sprinkler pipes ,dangling in mid air with nothing at all around you and every move you  make has the bucket bouncing about like crazy lol..but i dont mind it really,,some days you think though ''IF THIS THING EVER DROPS ME IM IN SHIT ,''but i have to console myself and realise it cant happen...AND TODAY THERE WAS AN  ACCIDENT,A LAD IN OUR COMPANY GOT HIS LEG CRUSHED AGAINST THE WALL BY THE ARM OF THE BOOM AT GROUND LEVEL...so its literally safer up in  the air than on the ground...tomorrow theres going to be hell to pay ,we have a stand down and an inquirie at 8 a.m ffs...

Ther ok until one of the hoses pops and the hydro fluid Empty’s out other than that they fine once u get used to the rock and sway ?

4 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Good luck today Jigsaw :thumbs:

..... The HSE aren't always the easiest mob to deal with mate.

Atb

yeah ,shit storm on the way, the lads leg is snapped and tendons damaged badly so he will be out for a few weeks ,and he only started with the firm 2 weeks ago poor f****r ,,the only good thing is its my last day today :boogy:im moving back to ground zero with another firm lol...

A company near us had a lad fall and die, I can't remember the exact details but when the truth came out it seems someone had attached a harness to the fckin corpse to try to save their own skin 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

A company near us had a lad fall and die, I can't remember the exact details but when the truth came out it seems someone had attached a harness to the fckin corpse to try to save their own skin 

I can believe that. Heard a guy fell from ladders and his mate threw a hard hat next to him as he lay unconscious. 

To be fair he was doing his mate a favour for the inevitable enquiry.

When we were told we had to start wearing harnesses we were told to clip it to the ladder.

Aye so I f***ing will! 

You jump clear of a ladder if it slides off a building!