Working at height

41 minutes ago, WILF said:

Did you see any?.......what pit was it? 

Yes mate they were all in a bay under my tree when I came crashing down, it was on hampool in south cerney, funnily they banned all tree climbing a few days after ?

• Like 1

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Feck heights if I was suppose to be that high up I would have feathers 

Steel erecting and industrial roofing is our game, it ain't how it used to be though.. 18 and sitting with my ass clamped to a rafter 40ft up whilst a 60 year old Mancunian steps over you, noncha

Never mind ginger youtube likes chasers, here's the master .....  

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Yes mate they were all in a bay under my tree when I came crashing down, it was on hampool in south cerney, funnily they banned all tree climbing a few days after ?

You were lucky you had someone with you mate......I used to drop into Kingsmead if I was passing mid week for over nighters, all on my lonesome and the place was empty.

same at Big grange (although big grange is pretty small really).....climbing up all sorts.

The enthusiasm of youth huh ! Lol

3 hours ago, WILF said:

You were lucky you had someone with you mate......I used to drop into Kingsmead if I was passing mid week for over nighters, all on my lonesome and the place was empty.

same at Big grange (although big grange is pretty small really).....climbing up all sorts.

The enthusiasm of youth huh ! Lol

I was in my 40s when I done that so I can't even use youthfulness as an excuse, when I phoned my misses to tell her I might be a bit late home and explained what had happened, her reply was your to fat and to old to be up a tree then she hung up, ?

• Haha 1

Worked at height for many yrs back In the day was plenty good money for a bit of danger lol was over Canary Wharf erecting and hanging off cradles used to get a rush working high up 2 / 300 ft    one  day I decided I’d had enough of dangling high up with only a couple of wire bonds holding me got offered more money and see the contract through , went back to scaffolding   then decided I don’t like working high up no more  and wearing boots  I like the old days wearing trainers lol so on a firm that does houses that’s as high I want to go I think as you get older you loose the appetite and feel for height ,   best to stay on the ground if ya arse goes it’s not a nice feeling I’ve had vertigo a few times once at 60ft  it’s not nice  I only ever done  the high level for the money , I’ve worked with Some crazy cnts over the yrs some folk are born to be up high  it’s a mad world 

• Like 3

I was OK with house roof heights then I went to help some young lads trapped by the rising tide and was dragged up a 200 ft cliff by firemen in a bosun's chair (2 straps). The rope stretched alarmingly and  I had a feeling that if I let go I. would fall.

Slowly, so very slowly, my grip loosened but I didnt fall - obviously.

Since then I cant climb step ladders without shaking. Strange how some experiences change you.

there old pic  of some blokes in america   think its about 1920,  there sitting have a tea break  , just stradling  the long iron girders  100ft high, makes feel ill  just looking at it lol , anybody got the old link to it, it been on youtube  lot of times.!  

15 minutes ago, bird said:

there old pic  of some blokes in america   think its about 1920,  there sitting have a tea break  , just stradling  the long iron girders  100ft high, makes feel ill  just looking at it lol , anybody got the old link to it, it been on youtube  lot of times.!  

I have the pic on my wall in spare room