Working at height

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Feck heights if I was suppose to be that high up I would have feathers 

Steel erecting and industrial roofing is our game, it ain't how it used to be though.. 18 and sitting with my ass clamped to a rafter 40ft up whilst a 60 year old Mancunian steps over you, noncha

Never mind ginger youtube likes chasers, here's the master .....  

Posted Images

4 hours ago, green lurchers said:

Worked at height for many yrs back In the day was plenty good money for a bit of danger lol was over Canary Wharf erecting and hanging off cradles used to get a rush working high up 2 / 300 ft    one  day I decided I’d had enough of dangling high up with only a couple of wire bonds holding me got offered more money and see the contract through , went back to scaffolding   then decided I don’t like working high up no more  and wearing boots  I like the old days wearing trainers lol so on a firm that does houses that’s as high I want to go I think as you get older you loose the appetite and feel for height ,   best to stay on the ground if ya arse goes it’s not a nice feeling I’ve had vertigo a few times once at 60ft  it’s not nice  I only ever done  the high level for the money , I’ve worked with Some crazy cnts over the yrs some folk are born to be up high  it’s a mad world 

You used to get a rush a 300 ft :icon_eek: when I was younger living in a 3rd floored  flat I lost my key so I decided to climb up over the old building at the side I got about 30 ft up stood up on the roof looked down feck me my legs went I was like a ally cat with its claws out stuck to that roof I froze I literally crawled hands and knees back down about 3 inch every min  shaking and having hot sweats I even told one old lad to phone the fire brigade such was my panick feck heights Terra firmer for me 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

Just shows you hanging off buildings for fun when you're not getting paid is a mugs game!

We were working in an industrial unit and had to run some cable along the steels supporting the roof, instead of getting a tower or scissor lift for the day, our boss the tight git, bought his tallest steps and a board to put on the rooofrack of his landrover. He said "I wouldn't ask you lads to do something I wouldn't do myself" as he climbed up to the top, too right none of us would have climbed up there, me especially! I was footing the steps, but the wally had forgotten about the suspension of the landy and every time he moved everything started to swing! He was shouting hold the ladder steady and all sorts ha ha what a wally!

11 hours ago, blackmaggie said:

You used to get a rush a 300 ft :icon_eek: when I was younger living in a 3rd floored  flat I lost my key so I decided to climb up over the old building at the side I got about 30 ft up stood up on the roof looked down feck me my legs went I was like a ally cat with its claws out stuck to that roof I froze I literally crawled hands and knees back down about 3 inch every min  shaking and having hot sweats I even told one old lad to phone the fire brigade such was my panick feck heights Terra firmer for me 

When you in the house cradle on top of a building and you boom out away from the building or you climb over the top of a parapet wall at full  height I used to get a rush mainly fear part shitting myself it wasn’t a euphoric rush I used to remind myself it was a money over fear situation but like when I went on the fastest rollercoaster in the world and I hate rollercoasters it was for a bet 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, dave88 said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-china-42308791

Article on the Chinese climber, not sure how someone falling to their death is 'f***ing hilarious' but maybe thats just me

I never have understood them stunts I know the have no fear but it’s a heavy price they pay  , he never looked confident from the word go , was he a regular thrill seeker  he looked uneasy and lacking conviction anyway he got the mother of thrills ,  wonder what he was thinking on the way down ? 

10 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

I never have understood them stunts I know the have no fear but it’s a heavy price they pay  , he never looked confident from the word go , was he a regular thrill seeker  he looked uneasy and lacking conviction anyway he got the mother of thrills ,  wonder what he was thinking on the way down ? 

Dunno mate, daft c**t for doing it and he paid the ultimate price. If I want a thrill I just dress up in the missus underwear and call myself davina for an hour....not go climbing bloody buildings

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
33 minutes ago, dave88 said:

Dunno mate, daft c**t for doing it and he paid the ultimate price. If I want a thrill I just dress up in the missus underwear and call myself davina for an hour....not go climbing bloody buildings

Lol Dave your thrill is safer I give you that ?

5 hours ago, robertb123 said:

Just shows you hanging off buildings for fun when you're not getting paid is a mugs game!

Fixed that for ya! :laugh:

Joking aside. I couldn't do it for love or money. Fair play to those that can but it's a game I wouldn't be willing to play.

• Like 1