Working at height

11 minutes ago, CushtyJook said:

Reminds me of this photo lol  

IMG_1331.PNG

Done the exact same thing only had the ladder on the bonnet of an old jaguar car. My boss nearly had a stroke lol

The best tip and it's a cliche don't look down if you're not comfortable with heights. Just concentrate on the job you're up there to do. We had a young lad on an open roof of a building he just couldn't get the nerve to step off onto to the ladder it was funny but after an hour had to go up and literally place his foot on the rung. He was like a f***ing cat coming down. Never went back on a height job again.

My closest to death was when i worked on the TSB office block in Edinburgh this was a huge building took a good 20 mins to get up into the roof. Totally open there was a loading platform for mortar bins we threw the empties off the bay totally against site rules. But anyway one Friday chucking them off the sleeve of my overalls got caught on as it went over luckily i grabbed the rail guard and the sleeve ripped or i was going over with it lol. 

Still on the odd occasion think about that and how close is was to not being here. 

There a video on YouTube with a Scottish guy trying to get off a roof to it's pretty funny prob most have seen it it's pretty old. Can't post vids or i would. 

• Like 1

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Feck heights if I was suppose to be that high up I would have feathers 

Steel erecting and industrial roofing is our game, it ain't how it used to be though.. 18 and sitting with my ass clamped to a rafter 40ft up whilst a 60 year old Mancunian steps over you, noncha

Never mind ginger youtube likes chasers, here's the master .....  

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, scothunter said:

Done the exact same thing only had the ladder on the bonnet of an old jaguar car. My boss nearly had a stroke lol

The best tip and it's a cliche don't look down if you're not comfortable with heights. Just concentrate on the job you're up there to do. We had a young lad on an open roof of a building he just couldn't get the nerve to step off onto to the ladder it was funny but after an hour had to go up and literally place his foot on the rung. He was like a f***ing cat coming down. Never went back on a height job again.

My closest to death was when i worked on the TSB office block in Edinburgh this was a huge building took a good 20 mins to get up into the roof. Totally open there was a loading platform for mortar bins we threw the empties off the bay totally against site rules. But anyway one Friday chucking them off the sleeve of my overalls got caught on as it went over luckily i grabbed the rail guard and the sleeve ripped or i was going over with it lol. 

Still on the odd occasion think about that and how close is was to not being here. 

There a video on YouTube with a Scottish guy trying to get off a roof to it's pretty funny prob most have seen it it's pretty old. Can't post vids or i would. 

Will get up a house build to a roof no problem but ain't balancing no ladders on a transit van 30ft up like the mush in photo lol no chance 

Here,s one I done a few years ago, I was in the top of a tree scanning a gravel pit for carp when the treetop snapped off, I fell around 25ft and managed to get impaled on a sharp branch on my way down, the picture of the hole was taken in the drivers seat of the van I still had a 45 mile drive to get myself to a hospital 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Greyman said:

Here,s one I done a few years ago, I was in the top of a tree scanning a gravel pit for carp when the treetop snapped off, I fell around 25ft and managed to get impaled on a sharp branch on my way down, the picture of the hole was taken in the drivers seat of the van I still had a 45 mile drive to get myself to a hospital 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Lucky that could of been worse 

13 minutes ago, bell said:

Missed a trick there Gman......big cat injury for sure :D

I,ll leave the bullshiting to Danny nineham mate, I,m only interested in the real deal  and if I,m wrong then I,m wrong 

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, Greyman said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Did you see any?.......what pit was it? 

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Bet you was well barked off