Suicide Question ......

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im reading this and really trying not to reply the way I want to,for ive a sister thats clinically depressed,schizophrenic, and just down right messed up since she reached 23....before that...a perfec

Without going into to much detail the wife had a breakdown some years ago ,any suggestion of a doctor was treated as an admission of guilt on her part,until a major episode led to her going to see the

suicide is a permanant solution to a temporary problem.

Posted Images

Im reading this and really trying not to reply the way I want to,for ive a sister thats clinically depressed,schizophrenic, and just down right messed up since she reached 23....before that...a perfectly healthy ,happy but somewhat shy young girl..What happened after that Im just not sure anymore..Time has turned the memory rather hazy,as I was 16 at the time and busy doing foolish immature shite...She was a very talented Classical guitarist,a brilliant church/cathederial organist and a highly intelligent person..and then she had a so called ''BREAKDOWN''...entered a pychiatric hospital and entered ''THE SYSTEM''....never to return to normality....from then on we all sat up and took notice,but returning to a half ''normal'' life was never to be...if any of you people who doubt that depression is a real illness you should have lived our life for a period,for my parents especially it was HELL ON EARTH...highly upsetting embarrasing public episodes and holidays away cancelled due to the anxieties my sister suffered...the turmoil of a family member dissapearing for days without her medication,leaving us all searching and fearing the worst is nothing id wish on anyone..so without going into any of the many many desperate times my parents went through as did we all,Id like to say to any doubters ,DEPRESSION IS A VERY REAL ILLNESS AND THANK YOUR LUCKY STARS YOU NEVER HAD IT IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO YOU AND YOURS...and as it has been said allready,its quiet understandable that those that have not will NEVER understand what its all about ,,,

• Like 18

Im reading this and really trying not to reply the way I want to,for ive a sister thats clinically depressed,schizophrenic, and just down right messed up since she reached 23....before that...a perfectly healthy ,happy but somewhat shy young girl..What happened after that Im just not sure anymore..Time has turned the memory rather hazy,as I was 16 at the time and busy doing foolish immature shite...She was a very talented Classical guitarist,a brilliant church/cathederial organist and a highly intelligent person..and then she had a so called ''BREAKDOWN''...entered a pychiatric hospital and entered ''THE SYSTEM''....never to return to normality....from then on we all sat up and took notice,but returning to a half ''normal'' life was never to be...if any of you people who doubt that depression is a real illness you should have lived our life for a period,for my parents especially it was HELL ON EARTH...highly upsetting embarrasing public episodes and holidays away cancelled due to the anxieties my sister suffered...the turmoil of a family member dissapearing for days without her medication,leaving us all searching and fearing the worst is nothing id wish on anyone..so without going into any of the many many desperate times my parents went through as did we all,Id like to say to any doubters ,DEPRESSION IS A VERY REAL ILLNESS AND THANK YOUR LUCKY STARS YOU NEVER HAD IT IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO YOU AND YOURS...and as it has been said allready,its quiet understandable that those that have not will NEVER understand what its all about ,,,

just read your thread above, and sounds like you all suffered , not just your sister, sad to read mate. when i was working at my local brewery , i worked with a bloke who was a (manic depressive ) i worked with him for 10 years, and he was a type of person that never really smiled , and always had a bleak out look to life . i used to go mad at him some days, and told him to get a grip and snap out of it. But he never did change in 10 years, i did feel sorry for him really , as he just could never be happy with life . it is a illness deff , i get low alot with bad back ive had since the 80s , but i try not to let it beat me, pain or no pain , you got to fight it because everything comes from your brain good and bad , and depression is a bad just like pain is .you got to both fight it if you can, :yes:

just read your thread above, and sounds like you all suffered , not just your sister, sad to read mate. when i was working at my local brewery , i worked with a bloke who was a (manic depressive ) i worked with him for 10 years, and he was a type of person that never really smiled , and always had a bleak out look to life . i used to go mad at him some days, and told him to get a grip and snap out of it. But he never did change in 10 years, i did feel sorry for him really , as he just could never be happy with life . it is a illness deff , i get low alot with bad back ive had since the 80s , but i try not to let it beat me, pain or no pain , you got to fight it because everything comes from your brain good and bad , and depression is a bad just like pain is .you got to both fight it if you can, :yes:

thats the thinking of a rational man.......those who suffer from deep depression dont have rational thoughts ,theres very little if no light at the end of the tunnel,,in fact,theres no tunnel,its a sad state to observe from the perimiters,but with support of friends and most importantly a sympathetic circle of friends/family ,you can make good of a very bad situation...

• Like 4

Panorama tonight . ..prescription for murder questioning wether prescription anti depressants can cause psychopathic symptoms

Tough thread. I suppose things are better understood if we find the causes of all these conditions that plague people in society today. Without a doubt people do suffer from various illnesses, diseases and mental disorders, but thing is certain....all things are either self inflicted, man made or the result of generations of people having confidence in the medical field. If you think that some people just happen to suffer from certain conditions for absolutely no logical reason... then you are incorrect, there is always a reason and it almost always begins with the local drug dealer.. sorry I mean local GP.

Have to agree neo a friend went to his gp about his insomnia, gp prescribed sleeping tablets which didn't help, back to the gp who said there must be deeper issues and prescribed him with anti depressants lol. He took one and said he walked about for four hours like a zombie. He binned the rest.

Agreed - pills won't sort a psychological problem.

no they wont cure anyone,but they sure help ....their an essential tool in creating a balance for most folk suffering from depresson...you need to see someone who has severe depression WITH and WITHOUTH their meds,,,the difference is vast and not always in a bad way..its getting the right mix and balance of meds that helps someone function to the best of their ability,,,the doctors /psychologists dont always get it right either

• Like 1