forest of dean redneck

Big Cat Sighting

4 minutes ago, king said:

Do you know the makers of this documentary GM and when it will be aired..

At least that write up doesn't mention any " Danny ". The moment That name(s) crop up, I walk.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Loton Moocher said:

If there really big cats out there with all these thermals and riflemen , lampers etc out at night im sure they would have been seen by now ? Iv bolted many ferals before now but they only normal pussy size 😂

And they would have been shot , Chucked in the freezer and sent to the taxidermist. The photo would have been shown to friends , with a word of warning “ don’t say f@ck all , big cats aren’t on my ticket “. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, king said:

Do you know the makers of this documentary GM or much about it. and when it will be aired..

https://www.britainsbigcatmystery.com/

Yes I do mate, the small group of people in the bottom right hand corner one of them is me, 😂 so you can all get to meet me, I,ve said this many times but the shouters never listen but a clear photo will prove nothing or very little but the work that has gone on in the labs will, and you can get to see that work on the film, since this thread started the university has examined  around 15 carcasses that have been consumed by cats and the work that’s gone into it will be shown on the film, enjoy my accent 😂😂😂

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Yes I do mate, the small group of people in the bottom right hand corner one of them is me, 😂 so you can all get to meet me, I,ve said this many times but the shouters never listen but a clear photo will prove nothing or very little but the work that has gone on in the labs will, and you can get to see that work on the film, since this thread started the university has examined  around 15 carcasses that have been consumed by cats and the work that’s gone into it will be shown on the film, enjoy my accent 😂😂😂

Lol well I never thought you would say it's me 😁 when will the documentary be out GM 

Personally i don't think a clear photo will prove anything as everything has to be in context and i can put a photo on the internet, these thing are proven by a body of evidence, with people claiming 250 individuals, one would expect to increasingly be seeing genuine pictures on facebook, post on YouTube, DNA and road kill etc and as the latter it is likely to be the biggest cause of fatality a few bodies, would supply a body of evidence, (couldn't resist that) with things like DNA analysis to check species/subspecies, examination to determine if previously captive, isotopes to detect things like diet and area of the world it was raised in etc etc. Basically a similar picture as which developed with the growing population of Pumas in the southern states of America. The absence of road kill is telling, 250 with an estimated fatality of 20%??

Where are all the bodies, plus just natural death would leave bodies and remains for a long time yet again not a single body has been found???

Now Greyman, between throwing insults,  claims there is a police force removing bodies and keeping silent?? That seems highly unlikely and then where do they take the bodies? Then the people at the incinerator must also be in on the secret, plus the road workers who find the bodies, plus the average joe, who, on their drive to work sees one dead by the side of the road in the early morning etc etc... it seem rather unlikely that all these people are managing to keep such startling and valuable news secret //////////////// If 90% of young people saw a dead big cat by the side of the road it would be all over social media within minutes and on national news within hours.

Edited by sandymere
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

And they would have been shot , Chucked in the freezer and sent to the taxidermist. The photo would have been shown to friends , with a word of warning “ don’t say f@ck all , big cats aren’t on my ticket “. 

Funny you say that... I was shown a photo about 5/6 yrs ago on a lads mobile phone... Of a cat in the back of a red hilux... Nose at the front of the tub and the tail hung off an open tailgate by 25/30 ".... They had seen it out lamping and shit themselves.... Few weeks later farmer shot it, took a picture and it went straight in the incinerator... Reason being he didn't want every cnut with a rifle running rough shot over his feilds looking for more..... The person who showed me is on here.. 

Unfortunately he's on holidays for the next 10 yrs🙄.... That's what sparked my interest and made me go out and meet GM👍

I would never of believed there were raccoons in the forest of dean.... Until I found strange scats.... I was messaged by someone who actually hunts them, he identified the scat as that of a raccoon.... That's why I bought a few trailcams.... You can Believe me or not? ... 👍 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Funny you say that... I was shown a photo about 5/6 yrs ago on a lads mobile phone... Of a cat in the back of a red hilux... Nose at the front of the tub and the tail hung off an open tailgate by 25/30 ".... They had seen it out lamping and shit themselves.... Few weeks later farmer shot it, took a picture and it went straight in the incinerator... Reason being he didn't want every cnut with a rifle running rough shot over his feilds looking for more..... The person who showed me is on here.. 

Unfortunately he's on holidays for the next 10 yrs🙄.... That's what sparked my interest and made me go out and meet GM👍

I would never of believed there were raccoons in the forest of dean.... Until I found strange scats.... I was messaged by someone who actually hunts them, he identified the scat as that of a raccoon.... That's why I bought a few trailcams.... You can Believe me or not? ... 👍 

What part of the country was that DC north or south.

26 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I would never of believed there were raccoons in the forest of dean

There's a variety of non native species in the uk, including skunk in the forest of dean, raccoons as well wouldn't surprise me,  but what they have in common is that they are known and seen  and killed on the roads.

https://www.theforestreview.co.uk/article.cfm?id=737&headline=Squashed skunk creates a stink&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2009

Historically I'd say the chance of the odd specimen of big cat being released back along is probable but their survival was going to be short lived, as you describe, there's the cougar in Scotland that was publicised and many would have been more willing to shout of their accomplishments in a similar manner, secrets get out.

Today big specimens of domestic cats are becoming increasingly common and a few have posted picture of them having been shot etc and they are an impressive size but still domestic cats at the endo of the day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Raccoons are breeding in Yorkshire it said in the local paper there was up to 500. Just in Yorkshire and by 2025 it will establish a good population. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I dont believe they are breeding populations out there. However I do think of escapes or cats released  could be managing to survive and maybe that's where sightings comes from. Either way pretty interesting hobby for grey man. Bit like fishing gets him outdoors, he may not get his catch or even any nibbles everytime hes out but he gets out. And even if it turned out to be the odd escapee it would be pretty cool to catch on camera.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Raccoons are breeding in Yorkshire it said in the local paper there was up to 500. Just in Yorkshire and by 2025 it will establish a good population. 

Very easy to find in comparison to a leopard, so let’s have a photo of a wild uk raccoon, not off google🤔🤔 I did hear a report of one shot last year in the FOD it was raiding a chicken coup, came back a few times even had a little pop at the blokes terrier he just assumed it was a fox and give it the 12 gauge as it popped out the hutch 👍

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

When I was in primary school, so the better part of a century ago now, we had a teacher. Mr O' Shea.

I can remember now, as clearly as if it was this morning. Two lads were having at each other, by the steps from the back of the kitchen. We didn't all gather round, chanting " Fight! Fight! Fight! ". That started in Secondary. We were just little kids. So, we more turned and looked on in sort of curiosity.

That's probably why I never noticed Mr O' Shea approaching. I don't think anyone did. He just sort of appeared there. In a blink. And, in that blink he smashed those two's fukking heads together with a resounding crack I've never forgotten to this day! That fukking stopped them!

Those were the days. Now we have This :(

😆 That did make me laugh,took me back to a teacher at our old school big evil ginger c**t Mr.Bishop if he caught 2 lads fighting he would drag you by the tie throat first into the school gym,put boxing gloves on you and say " right if either of you take a backward step in the next 3 minutes you,ll be in serious trouble ".....then a couple of his equally sadistic colleagues would stand watching us bash f**k out of each other !

To this day i dont know if it was a good or a bad " punishment " but it certainly taught lads from our way that you dont ever start trouble if you are not willing to go through with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I saw a raccoon in Northumberland walking down the side of the road when coming back from Scotland one night. I actually pulled over and it walked past my car not 3 feet away. The next evening it was on the North East news in someone's garden , apparently it had escaped from the local police wildlife officers place. 🦝

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

😆 That did make me laugh,took me back to a teacher at our old school big evil ginger c**t Mr.Bishop if he caught 2 lads fighting he would drag you by the tie throat first into the school gym,put boxing gloves on you and say " right if either of you take a backward step in the next 3 minutes you,ll be in serious trouble ".....then a couple of his equally sadistic colleagues would stand watching us bash f**k out of each other !

To this day i dont know if it was a good or a bad " punishment " but it certainly taught lads from our way that you dont ever start trouble if you are not willing to go through with it.

Same as that the boxing ring was up in the corner and if you got collared scrapping you had a blue or red kit and gloves stuck on you and made to fight it out, surprising how many would be crying and shit out when it come to a one on one 😂😂

• Like 2

Are the racoons being mentioned true "racoons" or "racoon dogs" ?

Racoon dogs have been classed as an invasive species in Europe.

Cheers.

• Like 1