48 minutes ago, Greyman said:

but your morals allow you to piss off the landowner and drive the bird off for a photograph

As I'm not a twitcher rather just have an interest in the wildlife around me and spending plenty of time outdoors get to see a fair share of it so all your blather about my morals is just personal insult again, very sad but again as soon as i ask a relevant question you start throwing insults, either you are very childish generally or you are hiding behind the childish outbursts? 

I used twitchers as an example of people finding rare and difficult wildlife. Now having a group of people stomping about on some ground is less than desirable but, getting solid evidence of big cats would open a myriad of doors that would bring massive opportunity to study and understand them so a little negative to gain a massive positive, a group of people getting good sightings, trail cam footage etc etc is not just a photo .

I see twitchers bring a lot of negatives but many birds that were once unknown or rarities in this country are well known because they were recognised by twitchers in the 1st place which brought study and protection. There are plenty on this forum that taken brilliant photos of wildlife are the all without morals?

Discovery is the end game so put up locations of your sure places and lets all get out and find them, get viable evidence and get the ball rolling rather than all this covert may mate don’t want to talk stuff, that strikes as avoidance…. 

• Thanks 1

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, sandymere said:

As I'm not a twitcher rather just have an interest in the wildlife around me and spending plenty of time outdoors get to see a fair share of it so all your blather about my morals is just personal insult again, very sad but again as soon as i ask a relevant question you start throwing insults, either you are very childish generally or you are hiding behind the childish outbursts? 

I used twitchers as an example of people finding rare and difficult wildlife. Now having a group of people stomping about on some ground is less than desirable but, getting solid evidence of big cats would open a myriad of doors that would bring massive opportunity to study and understand them so a little negative to gain a massive positive, a group of people getting good sightings, trail cam footage etc etc is not just a photo .

I see twitchers bring a lot of negatives but many birds that were once unknown or rarities in this country are well known because they were recognised by twitchers in the 1st place which brought study and protection. There are plenty on this forum that taken brilliant photos of wildlife are the all without morals?

Discovery is the end game so put up locations of your sure places and lets all get out and find them, get viable evidence and get the ball rolling rather than all this covert may mate don’t want to talk stuff, that strikes as avoidance…. 

You live near Bodmin and Dartmoor, both good starting points and both with cats on please feel free to build your army and get marching, unfortunately I would struggle to put you in touch with anyone because I have to much respect for there privacy and the animal involved, most of your questions could be answered without having to listen to my childish reply,s if you took the time to listen to some of the podcasts, the staff from zoos local to you are on there speaking of there encounters, but you seem more interested in trying to make me out a liar than actually listening and learning anything, I don’t really care if you believe me I just try to answer to the best of my knowledge and answering your constant negatives is what drags threads down so once again I will say I have tried to converse with you and have now had enough, so will leave our conversation there ?

Go to 4minutes and watch to the end you will see a video of a cat, the hairs of which were dna,d as leopard, and the response when the old fella reported it to the authority,s then ask yourself would you report seeing an eagle if this was the outcome ?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Greyman said:

You live near Bodmin and Dartmoor, both good starting points and both with cats on please feel free to build your army and get marching, unfortunately I would struggle to put you in touch with anyone because I have to much respect for there privacy and the animal involved, most of your questions could be answered without having to listen to my childish reply,s if you took the time to listen to some of the podcasts, the staff from zoos local to you are on there speaking of there encounters, but you seem more interested in trying to make me out a liar than actually listening and learning anything, I don’t really care if you believe me I just try to answer to the best of my knowledge and answering your constant negatives is what drags threads down so once again I will say I have tried to converse with you and have now had enough, so will leave our conversation there ?

I don't see how raising a question or making a suggestion is negative:hmm:, I do see how your continued resort to insult is though and i agree its does seem to drag the thread down.

4 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Go to 4minutes and watch to the end you will see a video of a cat, the hairs of which were dna,d as leopard, and the response when the old fella reported it to the authority,s then ask yourself would you report seeing an eagle if this was the outcome ?

That's a cat alright felis catus.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, sandymere said:

I don't see how raising a question or making a suggestion is negative:hmm:, I do see how your continued resort to insult is though and i agree its does seem to drag the thread down.

Hes not giving you locations so go look yourself

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Rogerbill said:

Hes not giving you locations so go look yourself

I'm not asking him to tell me lol, I'm asking him why he hasn't made some available publicly so they can be checked.

LOL for 50 years I've lamped sighthounds, hunted daytime with terriers, hounds and lurchers, snared, ferreted and spent many a day looking for the rarities, admittedly when i was younger to kill em, so I've looked plenty lol including Bodmin, Dartmoor and Exmoor.

13 minutes ago, sandymere said:

I'm not asking him to tell me lol, I'm asking him why he hasn't made some available publicly so they can be checked.

LOL for 50 years I've lamped sighthounds, hunted daytime with terriers, hounds and lurchers, snared, ferreted and spent many a day looking for the rarities, admittedly when i was younger to kill em, so I've looked plenty lol including Bodmin, Dartmoor and Exmoor.

I dont think he wants mobs of peaple all over his spots,dont blame him either.

• Like 4
22 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

That video in the caravan screams out moggie to me. 

But how would you explain the dna and the armed response. Plus the window is 3 ft high ? More questions than answers at every turn, ?

5 minutes ago, Greyman said:

But how would you explain the dna and the armed response. Plus the window is 3 ft high ? More questions than answers at every turn, ?

You tell me, who's to say they weren't lying about the DNA test? 

I can't see that being cheap back then? 

I couldn't tell you about the window. The cat just looks like it's sat on something to me. 

Edited by Greb147
  • Like 2

From where in im sitting I totally get Sandys points ( who’d a thought it eh ?)
For every question asked there’s another question thrown back .

Going to bite my tongue and go with the flow as I’d like to see this thread come to a conclusion one way or another but its not helpful or conducive to anything to avoid or brush questions that the no camp throw in the mix just because they are awkwardly negative to the cause .

You said way earlier in the thread that hounds wouldn’t push cats GM but now your saying a few hunts do it every season but cover it up .

The cover up theory from any angle dosnt sit well with me especially the hunt fraternity ,they love anything out the norm and would be up and down the country same day before any cover up was mentioned ,police also as well as anybody asked to move bodies roadside ,just wouldn’t happen and if your told this GM you are being lied to 100%.

I remember being out hunting few years back and the Croome killed a predominantly  white fox .I was sent pics from a lad up North before the thing was cold and he’d had sent from down here .Imagine a group of followers or hunt staff seeing a cat ,someone would video it and it would be around the country in minutes these days .

Cover ups don’t and won’t happen ....what’s the penalty for sharing it lol ......nothing .

I don’t know you GM but I think maybe your so extremely wrapped up in it all that anything that goes towards the cause is deemed acceptable .

Few lads looking in from the outside can see the loopholes from afar but blinkered eyes see only the yes factor .
You’ve put the same pad marks up about 3 times in this thread but yet you tell us you and others have plenty more .

Please share them so at least we can see something to think about .

Every digital pic has an encrypted location that can be found by right clicking on a computer which dosnt change no matter how many times shared so if a genuine pic is took in this country ,anybody can look up the location and verify the background .

Im an educated person who dosnt want excuses ,fuzzy pics or kill sites with no other evidence than a dead animal .Every beast no matter what it is leaves sign when making a kill but we are shown kills that have been stamped all over and around .

Apparently it’s not only Joe public who finds these sites but your own yes camp that still can’t seem to catalogue evidence from around the site and tracks to and from .Perhaps they arnt trackers or perhaps that level of evidence isn’t necessary for their cause but from the outside looking in ,nothing less is acceptable .

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, Greyman said:

The fella covers the window with a board around 3" by 2" so approx a 2 foot high window, the bottom of cat covered but it appears to be sitting on something, so exact height unknown but less than two foot, that would be a domestic cat,  just look at it its a cat.

Why armed response, well someone phoned and said they've got a leopard trapped in their shed, what do you think locals are gonna do, turn up with a bag of kitty cat??

the DNA based on that i'd say bogus.

Gotta look to prior plausibility a little.

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, sandymere said:

The fella covers the window with a board around 3" by 2" so approx a 2 foot high window, the bottom of cat covered but it appears to be sitting on something, so exact height unknown but less than two foot, that would be a domestic cat,  just look at it its a cat.

Why armed response, well someone phoned and said they've got a leopard trapped in their shed, what do you think locals bobbies etc are gonna do, turn up with a bag of kitty cat??

the DNA based on that i'd say bogus.

Gotta look to prior plausibility a little.

Agreed the head profile doesn’t look like a leapord.......but why would the old lad shit himself when he saw a moggy in his caravan, he would have booted it up the arse surely ?

• paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic