• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

My iPad keeps signing me out sorry so I photoshopped my answer, and the ridge of land in the pic will get a visit around the end of November start of December has done for the last 3 years 

730D2E87-8EF6-444C-B566-558C22BF1305.png

BA41C977-EDFC-47C4-B814-8908893D962C.png

That couple that were at the pub talk still setting up trail cam on that spot of woodland near glos ?

So Greyman you know exactly where one is going to be within a relatively short time period and, with modern technology, trail cams, night vision recorders etc I'd expect some very good solid evidence by Christmas. I await it eagerly !

Ps if it is spending the summer on lower ground does it cross any roads to get to its winter patch, bearing in mind RTA is one of the highest cause of fatality for Puma in non wilderness areas?

59 minutes ago, sandymere said:

So Greyman you know exactly where one is going to be within a relatively short time period and, with modern technology, trail cams, night vision recorders etc I'd expect some very good solid evidence by Christmas. I await it eagerly !

Ps if it is spending the summer on lower ground does it cross any roads to get to its winter patch, bearing in mind RTA is one of the highest cause of fatality for Puma in non wilderness areas?

I can go to this area and find footprints and fresh kills, but as I,ve said before I have a full time life as well so until someone can come along and offer to pay me I will only be scratching the surface on my own if I could spend a month with the technology then yes I could get some proper footage, a lot of footprints I find are in gateways and and entrances to footpaths so I would say yes they are using roads, though more country lanes, the motorways are littered with crossing points either underpasses or bridges so not a lot of need to cross them, the latest podcast guest almost ran one over in here car, it was a bit of an oddball cat from her description  but she says if she had not stopped hard she would have killed it and if another car was behind her it would have hit her, the group is growing all the time and we have a lad taking a drone test at the moment and should have a drone working by next summer, the film I have been helping with is out soon and there is a badger carcass on the film that has been shown on here, this is from the area I mention, but unlike in the film I put up the other day, the pictures have been looked at and confirmed by a big cat tracker from South Africa  before they were used and in the film you will see the full scene were it was caught on the hedge line dragged down into the field and totally consumed, I,m not going to go to much into road traffic accidents as I have said to you before the police are covering it up and though people from the group have dealt with the police over things no one will ever say it on record so that is up to you weather you believe me or not, the last report I had of a body on the motorway seen by drivers was cleaned away by the time I got there and the police said it was a dog,  even though they had soaked the carrriageway with disinfectant which never happens with a dog but it fucks up any blood or dna samples, as this thing grows the police are becoming more involved and we do get a few reports from police and a few people are told by the police to contact us when they have had livestock attacked in a way that is not the norm ??

1 hour ago, forest of dean redneck said:

That couple that were at the pub talk still setting up trail cam on that spot of woodland near glos ?

There are a few people that do it in that area, I,m assuming you are talking about the guy with the frame on his leg, if so yes he is still active though I think family issues have slowed him down somewhat this year which is a shame as he has had a few half tidy pics in his time ?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Greyman said:

There are a few people that do it in that area, I,m assuming you are talking about the guy with the frame on his leg, if so yes he is still active though I think family issues have slowed him down somewhat this year which is a shame as he has had a few half tidy pics in his time ?

That’s right remember he had bad leg now ?

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Greyman said:

I can go to this area and find footprints and fresh kills, but as I,ve said before I have a full time life as well so until someone can come along and offer to pay me I will only be scratching the surface on my own if I could spend a month with the technology then yes I could get some proper footage, a lot of footprints I find are in gateways and and entrances to footpaths so I would say yes they are using roads, though more country lanes, the motorways are littered with crossing points either underpasses or bridges so not a lot of need to cross them, the latest podcast guest almost ran one over in here car, it was a bit of an oddball cat from her description  but she says if she had not stopped hard she would have killed it and if another car was behind her it would have hit her, the group is growing all the time and we have a lad taking a drone test at the moment and should have a drone working by next summer, the film I have been helping with is out soon and there is a badger carcass on the film that has been shown on here, this is from the area I mention, but unlike in the film I put up the other day, the pictures have been looked at and confirmed by a big cat tracker from South Africa  before they were used and in the film you will see the full scene were it was caught on the hedge line dragged down into the field and totally consumed, I,m not going to go to much into road traffic accidents as I have said to you before the police are covering it up and though people from the group have dealt with the police over things no one will ever say it on record so that is up to you weather you believe me or not, the last report I had of a body on the motorway seen by drivers was cleaned away by the time I got there and the police said it was a dog,  even though they had soaked the carrriageway with disinfectant which never happens with a dog but it fucks up any blood or dna samples, as this thing grows the police are becoming more involved and we do get a few reports from police and a few people are told by the police to contact us when they have had livestock attacked in a way that is not the norm ??

Well then this is the perfect opportunity, after all the proof of existence is all that is needed, that will bring money and study on a comparatively massive scale with international interest leading to real knowledge through radio tracking etc along with fame to whoever proves their reality.

If there was a site near me with assured presence over a short duration I would be looking with recorded NV and day time tracking with dogs as I’m sure would others. It wouldn’t be too hard to set up a beating line with spotters waiting downwind to film etc and treeing one would be the ultimate outcome.

This forum is filled with people who have knowledge of this sort of thing so share locations etc and support people to undertake searches. One person searching an area struggles but, as with twitchers searching for a rare bird, once you get a group even the most secretive creature soon gets spotted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, sandymere said:

Well then this is the perfect opportunity, after all the proof of existence is all that is needed, that will bring money and study on a comparatively massive scale with international interest leading to real knowledge through radio tracking etc along with fame to whoever proves their reality.

If there was a site near me with assured presence over a short duration I would be looking with recorded NV and day time tracking with dogs as I’m sure would others. It wouldn’t be too hard to set up a beating line with spotters waiting downwind to film etc and treeing one would be the ultimate outcome.

This forum is filled with people who have knowledge of this sort of thing so share locations etc and support people to undertake searches. One person searching an area struggles but, as with twitchers searching for a rare bird, once you get a group even the most secretive creature soon gets spotted.

Sounds like you got it all sorted :thumbs:

• Like 1

If only it were as simple as twitching, waiting for a ping on a mobile to tell you there is a lost and confused bird sat in someone’s front garden waiting for the photographs, there are a lot of active areas around sandy if he wants to have a look, also a mounted hunt that he could follow that do have several encounters a year that they don’t want to shout about but I,m sure they would open up once he was in and accepted, it’s about going out and meeting and talking with people, the more doors you knock the more that open up but you also have to accept all the shit that comes with it ?

Twitchers start with a possible sighting and it grows from there, people turn up and start looking in the area, sometimes they are successful and sometimes not, those that give false info are soon recognised as stringers.  If you have assured sites as you suggest then get them out there and let people start looking and if they are there they will be spotted. As to lost in a garden lol, i can remember Cetti's warblers in the 70s a little brown job skulking somewhere in a massive area of reedbeds on the Norfolk broads, they found them so a Puma sitting on a ridge in southern England will be located. All about mobilising eyes and these days with modern technology, NV, camera traps, drones etc it would be a lot easier as you don't necessary have to see it first hand, some good drone footage of video from a camera trap..... once you have proof it would open a whole new situation of opportunity.

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Twitchers start with a possible sighting and it grows from there, people turn up and start looking in the area, sometimes they are successful and sometimes not, those that give false info are soon recognised as stringers.  If you have assured sites as you suggest then get them out there and let people start looking and if they are there they will be spotted. As to lost in a garden lol, i can remember Cetti's warblers in the 70s a little brown job skulking somewhere in a massive area of reedbeds on the Norfolk broads, they found them so a Puma sitting on a ridge in southern England will be located. All about mobilising eyes and these days with modern technology, NV, camera traps, drones etc it would be a lot easier as you don't necessary have to see it first hand, some good drone footage of video from a camera trap..... once you have proof it would open a whole new situation of opportunity.

This is the whole point sandy a picture is not proof, we live in a world were a mate of mine could send me uncirculated pic taken in the rockies if a photo was the only proof needed, but then I need to give locations etc and put up with waves of people tramping around expecting to see a zoo exhibit sitting on a roc’, the hunts that actually put up cats accept them for what they are but don’t go shouting about it for the exact reasons above one hunt I no of lost a lot of land after they put one up and the landowner saw it then saw the lamps on his land at night so phoned the hunt and told them they are not welcome back, you live in a bit of a strange world in comparison to me were you would rather believe wikipidea than go and do some research yourself which is fine but don’t expect to get to the bottom of anything, I think we have had a conversation before about the amount of rare birds I see that I would never consider putting on one of your websites out of respect for the landowner and the bird, I was watching the lamagire vulture that was on the foreshore for a week before you twitchers got wind of it and by the time it had travelled 35 miles down the road there was 1000 of you harassing it, not my ideal of nature lovers sorry ?

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Why don’t you an foxdropper an a few others set up some sort of mission to find it?? You spend enough time on here trying to dis prove it, so why not go outside ?

Because it’s cold and wet and sometimes in winter can get really mucky,?

• Like 2

This year have been watching a pure white albino magpie, it’s on a private estate that I can slip in and out of leave no mess and disturb no one guess what would happen if I put it’s location on a twitchers site, both the land owner and bird would experience shite, so if you really cared you would keep shtum about it, but your morals allow you to piss off the landowner and drive the bird off for a photograph ??

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Greyman said:

This year have been watching a pure white albino magpie, it’s on a private estate that I can slip in and out of leave no mess and disturb no one guess what would happen if I put it’s location on a twitchers site, both the land owner and bird would experience shite, so if you really cared you would keep shtum about it, but your morals allow you to piss off the landowner and drive the bird off for a photograph ??

Is your podcast live now greyman if so where can I find it to have a good listers to what others have seen over the years cheers.

6 minutes ago, lurchers said:

Is your podcast live now greyman if so where can I find it to have a good listers to what others have seen over the years cheers.

Yes mate 34 episodes so far and still more people getting in touch, like in all things in life you don’t have to believe every one but Most of them are pretty genuine, quite interesting one of the last ones the guy phoned rick while he was taking pics and filming a cat, the pictures are in the ref and links section he new about photography had an iPhone like most and the pictures are terrible ? if you believe in there existence you can see what it is but a doubter would just dismiss it as anything else and you couldn’t really argue, but it highlights how hard it is to get that perfect picture ?

991911F6-AA5C-4258-94CC-10B137B2614E.png

• paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic