Floyd Vs Conner

The sooner people realise that this is Sports Enternaimment not sports as such the easier it is to grasp the concept that it's just about selling PPV , what happens in realty the night of the fight is beside the point, it'll be talked about for a couple of days later and those involved can cash their huge cheques and go back to normal

Can't see how either is going to lose out of this , Floyd will win a boxing match and mcgregor will have a story to tell his grandchildren how he once fought the worlds greatest for millions opon millions, this f****r was on the scratcher 4/5 years ago without a job prospect in the world

I'm not a bit surprised he was collecting dole , hes virtually unemployable

Edited by Casso

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not a fan of mayweather but if fighters like Hatton , paquio , de la Hoya and the rest couldn't do it then I can't see how a novice like macgregor has any sort of chance , not even a punchers chance

That's the long and the short of it.....it's also the beginning of the end for one or possibly both sports as legitimate competitive sports in my opinion.

If these 2 fought in my garden id shut the f****n curtains...people spunking £20 to watch this pantomime want their heads looking at!

Posted Images

Like Stan said to even discuss the outcome or fight tactics would be giving it credit it doesnt deserve its a non event for actual fight fans but a blockbuster for fans who like the " Hollywood " aspect of boxing......the damage it does to mma i couldn't care less about but the damage it does to boxing comes in many different guises the main one for me being the impression it gives to talented young fighters......McGregor is an extremely charismatic young man with a lot of charm and personality shit id like to give him a big sloppy hug myself that's how charisma works you draw people to you....but personality alone should not be able to take you to the very top of a sport you have never competed in....Mayweather is the most dominant champion of his generation unbeaten in 50 odd fights...McGregor has had 20 odd fights and lost 3 is it.....on paper its not a legitimate match up....as sportsman they are not a legitimate match up.......so it's no surprise that you see young fighters these days working harder on their personalities than on their boxing skills a lad close to me Ohara Davies is a perfect example he has skills and talent in abundance but instead of working hard on his ability he works harder getting in arguments on Twitter and fannying about trying to get peoples attention boxing is not a popularity contest yet this lad McGregor top fighter in his own sport that he is will be getting the type of opportunity far better boxers than him would not get......through the financial power of his appeal and personality alone.

You close to ohara ? Tell him too smash Taylor and that's coming from a Scotsman. Likeable character as you say

:laugh:

Boxing Authorities are there own worst enemies and it's there rules that's turned the regular man off from boxing to generate more money for themselves. Multiple Champions in each weight,multiple champions for each organisations belt, super,regular,intercontinental,silver etc etc. Then you have the promoters who have no intention of matching there belt holder against the other belt holders in the division, preffering to fight lesser fighters milking the belt .Belt holders avoiding there mandatory. Then you have some fighters that are drug tested (VADA) and others refusing to be tested. Then you have the weigh in 24 hours before the fight with some fighters totally manipulating this window to re hydrate well over the divisions weight limit. What's wrong with 1 Champion in each Division,Champion fighting his mandatory who has actually earned a shot,all fighters drug tested and all fighters weighed in for the fight on the actual day of the fight. Put them all on a level playing field and then we will actually see who is the best.

Edited by MickC

That's just the free market getting involved though isn't it?

That's where UFC has an advantage,it's clearly above and beyond any other organisation in the sport,so their champion is THE champion.

• 3 weeks later...

Not long now, and I'll be glad when it's over. Sick of the sight of both these pricks now.

pride of Ireland is mcgregor,win or loose.....looking forward to the event to be honest now lol

• Like 3

Surprised mayweathers stooping so low.

how low is that then...its not like mcgregor is some has been or a chancer...hes a very capable fighter..i hope he beats the fuk out of mayweather,shut half of ye lot up on here lol

• Like 4

id love to see iron mike hit the 2 of them to stop the shit talking. but id say its a fix, go a few rounds mcgreggor kicks him gets disq and Mayweather wins and mcgreggor doesn't really get beat either

There are clauses in the contract that say if the notorious one kicks ,chokes or uses any other mma technique ,not only won't he be paid ,but he gets sued of probably every penny he's ever earned .