Floyd Vs Conner

I can see mcgregor getting hurt, as in collapsing

cant believe some people think mcgregor seriously has a chance, I feel embarrassed for both of them, it's like a drunk shouting at McCoy every time he crosses the line he's a better rider and actually getting a go in the national

Hooefully boxings authorities distance themselves from this debacle and it gets little coverage in their press

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not a fan of mayweather but if fighters like Hatton , paquio , de la Hoya and the rest couldn't do it then I can't see how a novice like macgregor has any sort of chance , not even a punchers chance

That's the long and the short of it.....it's also the beginning of the end for one or possibly both sports as legitimate competitive sports in my opinion.

If these 2 fought in my garden id shut the f****n curtains...people spunking £20 to watch this pantomime want their heads looking at!

Posted Images

I am not interested in this fight all I see is a boring one sided sparring session. It would be wild if McGregor landed one and put him away though! I don't begrudge the lads making money, it would be stupid of them not to take the opportunity imo. The governing bodies should not allow this fight despite the money they stand to make in the short term, the long term damage could be massive. I certainly won't be paying anything to see it.

Personally I think Floyd Mayweather owes more too the sport of Boxing than too drag it through the mire in this fashion, mind the lads put a lot on the line in both sports and deserve too make as much cash as possible , but there is authorities put in charge of boxing to keep the sport going in a world where it could easily end up band, they have both amateur and pro rankings systems put in place too keep the sport fair and safe, and ensuring that it has a future, as its a great sport that gives so much too young kids sometimes its more what they get from it personally than being a champion or even a good fighter, for me this just degrades boxing and if UFC wants to be taken seriously then they should not allow it either, makes a mockery of both sports and spoils it for the lads who are working day in day out to get the chances

all that aside for me Floyd will simply play with the daft lad

• Like 3

I don't follow UFC, but I've seen pictures of McGregor - he looks like you couldn't hurt him with an axe !

Serious question, though (even if I now the answer is probably "money"), but how does a guy who's never boxed professionally get a bout against a fighter of Mayweather's reputation ?

I don't follow UFC, but I've seen pictures of McGregor - he looks like you couldn't hurt him with an axe !

Serious question, though (even if I now the answer is probably "money"), but how does a guy who's never boxed professionally get a bout against a fighter of Mayweather's reputation ?

Because nobody ever lost money underestimating the stupidity of the America ( and British) public. If they'll watch wrestling, monster truck shows, vote for Donald Trump and equate possessing assault rifles with freedom........... they'll pay to watch Mayweather V McGregor.

• Like 3

I've said it before but something does not sit right with Mayweather. Brings the biggest money into Vegas,alleged countless failed drug tests,use of iv drips,injections in hands.Nevada Athletic Commission refusing to hand B samples over to be independently tested,then "losing" them after ordered by Courts to hand them over.Due to his money making it seems allegedly that over the years he has been looked down upon favourably with some even saying he's the next Lance Armstrong. Does make you think !Certainly not the only boxer at it. For example GGG had to submit to VADA for drug testing as he was Champion and also had to weigh in on day of fight to keep IBF belt,Jacobs on other hand refused same day weigh in so IBF belt was not available for him and he then could enter the ring a lot heavier and he also refused drug testing which was not surprising as he had trained his last 4 weeks of training camp with Victor Conte of BALCO notoriety. Another is Ward who is with Victor Conte and also refuses VADA testing but Kovalev is tested.You can easily check who is VADA tested by looking on a boxers profile on Boxrec,hardly a level playing field .

Edited by MickC

Because nobody ever lost money underestimating the stupidity of the America ( and British) public. If they'll watch wrestling, monster truck shows, vote for Donald Trump and equate possessing assault rifles with freedom........... they'll pay to watch Mayweather V McGregor.

So, "money" is the right answer !

Pete Radamacher (spelling ) fought for the heavyweight title in his first fight .

He had a very successful amatuer career though

Pete Radamacher (spelling ) fought for the heavyweight title in his first fight .

He had a very successful amatuer career though

True ,at least he was involved in the same sport ,but it shows these shameful episodes arnt a new thing ,although dodging the bear and not money was the motive then .

Not a fan of mayweather but if fighters like Hatton , paquio , de la Hoya and the rest couldn't do it then I can't see how a novice like macgregor has any sort of chance , not even a punchers chance .

That's the long and the short of it.....it's also the beginning of the end for one or possibly both sports as legitimate competitive sports in my opinion.
Couldn't agree more. Just because they both fight doesn't mean it's the same. Imo it's like comparing rugby to football
news thump did an article where they are putting Ronnie osullivan and the Sri Lanka cricket team on the under card because a mma heavyweight has said he wants to fight aj aswell

I think either Max Schmeling or Max Baer did too (I'll be corrected if I'm wrong !), but I haven't seen anything that says Connie McGregor has ever boxed at any level - don't get me wrong, I'm sure he can look after himself, but Mayweather is no ordinary fighter. He's getting on a bit now, I know, but all the same.....

I think either Max Schmeling or Max Baer did too (I'll be corrected if I'm wrong !), but I haven't seen anything that says Connie McGregor has ever boxed at any level - don't get me wrong, I'm sure he can look after himself, but Mayweather is no ordinary fighter. He's getting on a bit now, I know, but all the same.....

I was using the Raddamacher thing as an example of the depths the boxing governing bodies will sink to sometimes ,not justifying the match ,a decent amateur would beat Macgregor in the ring ,its shameful .

• Like 2