Floyd Vs Conner

Spot on arctic,

I said exactly the same thing to my mate, saying mcgregor is in danger of being seriously hurt , he laughed "I'm sure he knows what he's doing "

Well not really, he only ever throws combos to precede a kick , but has he ever taken blow after blow to the head for 12 rounds from the greatest fighter of our generation?

I can honestly see mcgregor getting hurt

To say he is a boxer is the loosest sense

Ps don't remember who said about making a living fighting, no one in the uk is making a living Thai boxing , no one, maybe sandy holt and sken etc but certainly not the local club level mate

I assume that neither Mayweather nor McGregor do it for the fun of it !

I was pointing out that I don't claim any great expertise, but the 'skill sets' simply aren't matched. As others have said, there's a real risk that McGregor could get hurt - he won't have been hit as hard, as often or as precisely as hemisphere going to be !

or maybe it could go the reverse and Mayweather could get knocked out in the first 3 minutes,,,lol....but the longer it goes on the harder it will get for mcGregor to do the deed on Mayzie...I hope conor surprises us all...and either lasts the 12 rounds or wins fast and prompt

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not a fan of mayweather but if fighters like Hatton , paquio , de la Hoya and the rest couldn't do it then I can't see how a novice like macgregor has any sort of chance , not even a punchers chance

That's the long and the short of it.....it's also the beginning of the end for one or possibly both sports as legitimate competitive sports in my opinion.

If these 2 fought in my garden id shut the f****n curtains...people spunking £20 to watch this pantomime want their heads looking at!

Posted Images

I know nothing about either sport , watch the odd top fight , boxing seems to be massive at the moment especially in the uk & this will have everyone talking but as a contest it's like Usain Bolt racing Mo Farah over say 2,000mtrs , reality is $$$$$$

would love to see them race over 800m-nah make it 1000m(to give farah a chance)--id fight either of them for a grand and my hospital fees lol(for less if i was broke)

Opinions, opinions.., but maybe Chris van Heerden's is one worth listening to..,

after they had sparred conors team edited the sparring session with chris to make it look like he did well,only in the last 2 wks was fotage of the sparring in real time shown and it didnt look good for connor,the hype train is in full swing here in ireland its going to be an embarrasment to listen too connors mma fight fans blowing out their holes and singing that f***ing fields of athenrye when it comes to the open press interviews.

Edited by stonewall
  • Like 1

I don't even think McGregor has a punchers chance . He is a "Novice" boxer . You need to have been boxing since childhood to be really good . Ok you might get a few come into the game relatively late like Joshua for example but they are the exception . You need to start young to build up technique. It can't be coached into you in a few months . It's not a "white collar" evening . Mayweather is too shrewd and long in the tooth to be drawn into a scrap . I guarantee that McGregor will lose in whatever round Mayweather has backed himself to win .

• 3 weeks later...

Watching the promotions stuff on Sky (Wembley now ffs). It's nothing short of a circus and getting more and more like wrestling by the minute.

This is not the sport I love, and I won't be buying this shite I'm afraid.