Floyd Vs Conner

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not a fan of mayweather but if fighters like Hatton , paquio , de la Hoya and the rest couldn't do it then I can't see how a novice like macgregor has any sort of chance , not even a punchers chance

That's the long and the short of it.....it's also the beginning of the end for one or possibly both sports as legitimate competitive sports in my opinion.

If these 2 fought in my garden id shut the f****n curtains...people spunking £20 to watch this pantomime want their heads looking at!

Posted Images

It's become a bit to much like the build up to the main event at wrestlemania now, that press conference was so rehearsed it's hard to take them serious! It would be better if they flipped a coin at beginning of each round and whoever wins gets to choose the style of fighting in that round and see if Floyd says he would never tap out then lol

See that's the thing, floyd dosnt choose to fight mma. There are loads more mma fighters out there that wouldn't tap, who would go to sleep before they do, I agree that CM is the best person UFC could have picked to fight FM with his striking abilitys, but he did quit 3 times also and yeah I do know that submissions are a different ball game

It's become a bit to much like the build up to the main event at wrestlemania now, that press conference was so rehearsed it's hard to take them serious! It would be better if they flipped a coin at beginning of each round and whoever wins gets to choose the style of fighting in that round and see if Floyd says he would never tap out then lol

See that's the thing, floyd dosnt choose to fight mma. There are loads more mma fighters out there that wouldn't tap, who would go to sleep before they do, I agree that CM is the best person UFC could have picked to fight FM with his striking abilitys, but he did quit 3 times also and yeah I do know that submissions are a different ball game
Im the same as you. McGregor basically begged Floyd to box him. Floyd has no need to fight under mma rules. I reckon mma is dead on its feet shortly tbh. Every fighter is now talking about wanting to box when they are the money involved. Alot of its ufcs fault . Underpaid fighters told who can sponsor them can't just go and fight outside ufc. In terms of McGregor being Floyd's best option yes due to how he sells but I think nate diaz out boxed him twice tbh

TBH I think CM would be better in the boxing ring than nate, and I'm a big fan of nate. I'm starting to really think that the nate n Conor trilogy will not happen, I think UFC will try and avoid it,.....for Conor's sake! Would love to see nate choke him again!!

• 2 weeks later...

The thing with MMA,is it's basically just full contact jujitsu in hot pants instead of a gi.

It's more interesting if there are different rule sets imo.

It doesn't have to have such set in stone rules,this Mcgregor fight could have been more interesting if they compromised on a few things,high kicks,some clinch or maybe even American rules kickboxing with moon boots.

I feel like boxing can be the only way, sure Conor been training boxing loads for years in between other MA, floyd would never be training the likes of k1/Muay Thai, there for his legs ect would be no where near conditioned enough for that shit, sure he wouldn't last a minute with his legs being chopped to bits. Conor seems to fancy himself at the boxing so let's see how he dose

The thing with MMA,is it's basically just full contact jujitsu in hot pants instead of a gi.

It's more interesting if there are different rule sets imo.

It doesn't have to have such set in stone rules,this Mcgregor fight could have been more interesting if they compromised on a few things,high kicks,some clinch or maybe even American rules kickboxing with moon boots.

Why tho. McGregor wanted to box. Now he's talking about how boxing isn't real fighting. Imo mma is dead on its feet and is about to come crashing down where as boxing is back on the rise. All these man fighters wanting to make the switch to boxing proves that

Because it would actually be an interesting fight.

You don't need a load of conditioning to throw or defend from a high kick,especially with moon boots.

It would test his timing and sense of distance/range more than anything.

Mcgregor's not top of the boxing game,that's the point.

If they hybridised the rules,even if massively in Mayweather's favour it would at least be interesting,as it stands it's not likely to be anything memorable.

Would love to see Mcgregor knock Mayweather out but he will be lucky to get near him to land anything,would have been a better thing if they split the fight,box for 6 rounds then mma for 6 rounds. I would have paid to see that !

Edited by MickC