Toughest Part Of The Country ......

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think THL is the toughest forum on the Internet ?

Blimey this has all gone a bit bandy..... i saw that place Merthyr Tydfil mentioned and it brought back a memory from years ago when i was first getting into the bulldogs some fella took me to this ga

Well I was a field Marshall in the Salvation Army if that counts?.......it's no party handing out soup to junkies you know! 2 tours of kings cross and wounded in action with a bad soup burn at charri

Posted Images

I've been to Glasgow a few times,,,and honestly thought what a shithole,,,real depressing looking city,,,I baught a dog of a chap from Greenock ,,,Greenock made Glasgow look posh,,,,what a hole of a place,,,,I say this coming from a ruff old pit village on the Derbyshire Nottinghamshire border,,,,,back to back terraces ,,where men are men and so are the women.......

i know greenock well tomo .you wouldnt recognise the place now posh resturants hotels and coffee houses far from what it was like years ago when the yards were open :thumbs:

This was 2005,,,on the housing estates,,,,although the area looked shite,,,the guy I got the dog from seemed a good chap and lovely family,,,same as other Glaswegians I've met....I suppose like any working class area with heavy industry...good hard working folk,,,,sad really there becoming a thing of the past

• Like 2

Kingston upon hull must be the ardest place ...that's where Ronnie pickering is from ...

Who the f*ck is that?? :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Oh ffs (((((((((RONNIE FECKING PICKERING!!!))))))))) :laugh:
  • Like 2

I've been to Glasgow a few times,,,and honestly thought what a shithole,,,real depressing looking city,,,I baught a dog of a chap from Greenock ,,,Greenock made Glasgow look posh,,,,what a hole of a place,,,,I say this coming from a ruff old pit village on the Derbyshire Nottinghamshire border,,,,,back to back terraces ,,where men are men and so are the women.......

i know greenock well tomo .you wouldnt recognise the place now posh resturants hotels and coffee houses far from what it was like years ago when the yards were open :thumbs:

This was 2005,,,on the housing estates,,,,although the area looked shite,,,the guy I got the dog from seemed a good chap and lovely family,,,same as other Glaswegians I've met....I suppose like any working class area with heavy industry...good hard working folk,,,,sad really there becoming a thing of the past

the drink was the main problem there spose its drugs now .there is stil lsome dodgy housing estates there .with some rare characters , but there allways has been ..

i was chewing the fat with an old boy this morning and he had worked as a steel fixer all over the country from the 60's to the early 2000's and he was regaling me with stories of hard pubs and towns that he had frequented and it got me thinking is there any such places left in the U.K. .... I suppose back then places like the east end would have been a tough old place but with the invasion of foreigners that may well have changed ... as a youngster I always believed Glasgow was a rough area but every time I've been there it's been great ... so are there any places that are rough old gaffs in the old sense of the word ..........

Like tou say most places have dwindled out, used to be a right rough pub on my estate about 15 years ago, after so many people got killed they knocked it down. Now the area is alot better.

Guess that was the aim by knocking it down..

Got lost once and drove onto an estate in Merthyr Tydfil ,dont know about tough ,but it was bloody rough !packs of dogs running about ,burnt out motors ,watched a copper rugby tackle a guy to the floor ,this was midday !Quite glad to get out of there, some nice views and country side at top of this estate as well !

It's not to bad mate I working in those estates daily ! Had a few tense moments most the people that think their hard are drugged up idiots ! There's a lot of hard men about that you don't hear of and usually some idiot that wants a reputation gets knocked lol

Find it hard that anyone can say they know for a fact that it's bollocks for someone to have been waiting on someone outside where they live?? They could well have been

Because when you've been in that country as a soldier and know the way things work and how the provos go about their business you would know it's bollocks ......

I've just asked my friend about it now as I'm on same job. He was in the UDR when this all happened after he'd served his time with the Green Howards....

The bomb story is definitely true, he had some sort of detector fitted at that time on his car. The same as the blokes outside waiting for him. And yes the blokes were out waiting for him and they will have known he had guns in his house so kicking the door in would be a bit risky.

Edited by DogFox123

A few years back, St Ann's (in shottingham) had a fearsome reputation.....the muggers went round in pairs !

I've corrected that for you lol .....I'm just of there now for a night down rock city :thumbs: