Another Nail...

3 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I worked in a tackle shop when I was younger, we were targeted by antis, chucked paint through the letter box, tried to start a fire once and graffiti shit on the walls... at the time Exeter Angling Centre was a nationally renowned shop and the owner was probably in the top 50 match amglers in the country... they all hated the anti field sport brigade as much as the hunting crowd... all I can say is everyone I know who hurts or fishes (including a few fishery owners) are very much aligned with protecting the sports (dont forget fisheries have to protect stock from  vermin, food from rats, etc....

I could no way give you a percentage that would be true nationally, I can only tell you that 100% of the people I deal with in fishing have no issue with hunting and in most cases (whether just pinging rats around the feed bins) actively are involved...

It's kind of an "all elephants are grey but not all grey things are elephants" situation. I accept that most hunting and shooting folks either fish or are on board with it but I don't accept that the inverse is true, not these days anyway.

I don't want fishing to be punished for it's lack of support, but I don't believe 'they' are allies.

• Like 3

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

nothing better then out in the country walking with the dogs when things are on your mind helped me threw some bad times ?

Must admit i read posts like Francies posts above and others and while i wholeheartedly agree with the content it amazes me that so few people are actually willing to stand up and address why this is

Lol... Fella no one's giving up. Just it's 2023 I've been defending terrier work at the top in Ireland for over 10 years... I still hunt at least twice a week... But what is happening is a major

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

It's kind of an "all elephants are grey but not all grey things are elephants" situation. I accept that most hunting and shooting folks either fish or are on board with it but I don't accept that the inverse is true, not these days anyway.

I don't want fishing to be punished for it's lack of support, but I don't believe 'they' are allies.

They can not even agree between themselves never mind with other country sports mate, Match anglers wanting zander removed and the predator anglers wanting them leaving alone to quote one example, 

Fishermen who take the moral high ground with hunters have the f***ing cheek,what because its a fish its any less of hunting than fox,f***ing hypocrites,excatly like that blair c**t from over here,keen fisherman i hear but cannot see the irony.

• Like 4

Great i put a post on about something i see as a positive for fieldsports (which imho Fishing is) and it turns into a slanging match. Blo*dy great! ?‍♂️We got no chance really have we. Worse than the WI and the WRU put together. :wallbash:Come on guys the real issue for Tackling Minds and Casting for recovery are positive how about we stick to that?

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Aled said:

Great i put a post on about something i see as a positive for fieldsports (which imho Fishing is) and it turns into a slanging match. Blo*dy great! ?‍♂️We got no chance really have we. Worse than the WI and the WRU put together. :wallbash:Come on guys the real issue for Tackling Minds and Casting for recovery are positive how about we stick to that?

Certainly wasn't intended as that from me. I just wanted to say that fishing is inconsequential in this fight. They're an untapped political resource but will remain so.

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Certainly wasn't intended as that from me. I just wanted to say that fishing is inconsequential in this fight. They're an untapped political resource but will remain so.

Well ill keep pushing the positives of hunting and land management in my club

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 8 months later...

I was a bailiff at about the time the ban came in and I can tell everyone now fishing wants absolutely nothing to do with hunting in any form, they are shit scared the stench will rub off and nothing I have seen since then makes me think that has changed. 

In much the same way as the BASC and shooting in general wants nothing to do with lurcher or terrier work, fisherman are more than happy to cling to their bit of wreckage while every other c**t drowns. 

• Like 4
30 minutes ago, WILF said:

I was a bailiff at about the time the ban came in and I can tell everyone now fishing wants absolutely nothing to do with hunting in any form, they are shit scared the stench will rub off and nothing I have seen since then makes me think that has changed. 

In much the same way as the BASC and shooting in general wants nothing to do with lurcher or terrier work, fisherman are more than happy to cling to their bit of wreckage while every other c**t drowns. 

Carp lads though mate  ...say no more 😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Going on the recent by elections it certainly looks like the next government is going to be Labour they will hammer the mounted packs who supposedly hunt with in the law but I honestly believe they would not dare attack fishing in the same way as they have done with hunting with dogs.